Cessna 172! - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
Davis0079

OliveDrab green with a white star, I have a spot for one on all the airfields I populate in the ME. More airframes the better. Starting to look like a used car lot around here.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
anlq

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnr212 View Post
...we already had this discussion here ->http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108549

But hell yeah, give us some cessnas. At least some L-19 Bird Dog or Skymaster.

Nearly every RL flightschool (also military) uses a 150/152/172... Why cant we have one in DCS? maybe theres a chance to get a "flightschool module".

No real fighterpilot starts in a hawk or mustang ;-)

There are many nice high quality models out there for other sims like those from carenado. Im no programmer, but wouldnt it be possible to build them also for DCS?

Example:

Attachment 108167 Attachment 108168 Attachment 108169

And for those guys which dont like the idea of cessnas in DCS, dont buy it

But I beleive there would be a good market for this....
A civil module for DCS is a waste of manpower to develop. Instead of focus on what we already had, developers should focus on new things such as Agusta Lynx, Rafale, Eurocopter Tiger, Harrier, MiG23, Su22, ...There are available cessna module for FSX with high quality people can try.
Of course I dont buy civil stuff for a war sim. I'll save money for new military module, or new map.

Last edited by anlq; 11-30-2014 at 01:45 PM.
anlq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #13
Suchacz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlq View Post
A civil module for DCS is a waste of manpower to develop.
...ehm, I would let this decision to the devs
Suchacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
POLARIS1

I see a lot of smilies here...but...here is the thing...
Since I am lacking in the basics of the art of flying (I know how to operate the Hog's CDU, search and lock with the F-15's radar and land the Stang on grass and yet,,,I had absolutely no idea what the hell the term circuits mean, what's the meaning of straight and level, how to navigate from one spot to another, looked at airport plates like twisted napkins and had absolutely no idea what the hell IFR stands for and so on)...I had to go to another sim to learn it.
So...I flew the 172 for something like 4 months and now I'm training with the T-6A Texan II.
And why all that...so I can be much better here, in DCS.
Isn't it pity?
The transition can be simple: 172 > T-6A > Hawk > choose your forte...wether it be Attack, Intercept, WWII, Choppers
So...yes!
Please!
Please give us the basic planes every single real pilot uses to become an ace combat pilot (or at least an adequate one lol).
Some of us are really good at flying but really lack the basics or knowledge quite a few have here...
POLARIS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:48 PM   #15
26-J39

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARIS1 View Post
Since I am lacking in the basics of the art of flying (I know how to operate the Hog's CDU, search and lock with the F-15's radar and land the Stang on grass and yet,,,I had absolutely no idea what the hell the term circuits mean, what's the meaning of straight and level, how to navigate from one spot to another, looked at airport plates like twisted napkins and had absolutely no idea what the hell IFR stands for and so on)...I had to go to another sim to learn it.
So...I flew the 172 for something like 4 months and now I'm training with the T-6A Texan II.
Isn't it pity?
The transition can be simple: 172 > T-6A > Hawk > choose your forte...wether it be Attack, Intercept, WWII, Choppers
So...yes!
Please!
Please give us the basic planes every single real pilot uses to become an ace combat pilot (or at least an adequate one lol).
Some of us are really good at flying but really lack the basics or knowledge quite a few have here...
Great post !

I would buy a Cessna mod for sure.. !!
26-J39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #16
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Something missing the VEAO Grob Tutor module?

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:28 AM   #17
ttaylor0024

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLARIS1 View Post
Isn't it pity?
So...yes!
Please!
If you fly a 172 sim for 4 months of course you're not going to know how to do anything in any other module. The only reason this progression exists in real life is because you only have one life to try new things, vs the sim where if something doesn't work, just try something else. You're not going to be able to learn IFR in this sim at all- there are no airways.

For a military sim I believe only the like planes should be developed. Less bloating of the game for the rest of us as well. If you want to learn how to fly a 172, or T-6 then MSFS has you covered. It actually has EVERYTHING you will possibly need to learn how to do all of those things, even P2P ATC. The approaches are spot on to the runways, you can learn all about the different navigational aids, and how it all actually works. It would be too much of an overhaul for this sim.

Did I mention most add-ons for MSFS are free as well?
ttaylor0024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #18
POLARIS1

We seem to disagree:
1. I flew the 172 for 4 months in which I learnt flight basics including aerodynamics, circuits, CVFR and proper civilian ATC communications.
2. I'm training with the T-6A for mastering IFR (really knowing your flight instruments, usage of Nav aids and atmosphere's influence on flight), BFM and basic AF principles.
If one wants to be a GOOD pilot one has to know how to walk before one dances.
If one wants to fly the F-15C or A-10C and be victorious one needs to know, in his guts, by heart, the basics of aerodynamics, the rules of maintaining a certain course, how to navigate by eyesight, how to relate to to the surroundings, how to utilize energy, how to relate to each aircraft charts...
But...I'm not inventing anything here:
These principles are ETCHED within all air forces curriculum.
Since DCS is as high fidelity as it goes one needs to master the basics in order to master one's aircraft of choice.
Am I a better DCS pilot after mastering CVFR while flying the 172? Yes.
So will be most.
The same goes for the next steps with the T-6A.
As for learning IFR in the DCS environment...there are actually airways in DCS: VORs are present and even with the morse code, there are real ATIS charts for the area and it's quite easy to find IFR plates for some of the airports.
The T-6A has good manuals for teaching young pilots how to become better, as written by the USN and USAF.

As for your last comment...I fail to understand its relevance.
By the way...the good add-ons for MSFS cost a hefty sum (as I'm sure you know ).

It's not about anything but DCS and mastering the art of military aviation.
Both the 172 and T-6A are well documented and are pretty simple.
It wouldn't take much to make them.
We, as a community, shall benefit from having more and better aviators.
But hell, what do I know? It's just my personal opinion.

Last edited by POLARIS1; 12-01-2014 at 08:13 AM.
POLARIS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #19
Auger73

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnr212 View Post
Nearly every RL flightschool (also military) uses a 150/152/172... Why cant we have one in DCS? maybe theres a chance to get a "flightschool module".
Man, a 152 would be awesome. I got my private pilot's license in one of those.
Auger73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #20
LNR212

well, many of us are thinking DCS is THE new high quality flight-SIM.

everyone wants to do as realistic as possible, so why not do a "flighttraining" as real as possible. and i do not mean the short introduction-lessons given in some modules. some of us are RL pilots but i beleive most of us not. just have a look on public servers. especially freeflight servers. guys are doing weired things just because they dont know the basics. wouldnt it be awsome if (the willing one) could do a basic flying training as in real life? i know DCS is for now not really the best to train procedures and ifr or at least atc. but if we now get with DCS 2.0 more and more scenery, also from 3rd parties (hopefully soon ;-) ) there will be more players from FSX/XP10 who would convert to DCS. its not all about shooting others down, as i for example am very often on freeflight servers just for fun. and you do not have to be frightened for been shot down by a crazy 13 year old boy who just found out how to deploy bombs/missiles in his FC3-F15.

i am a RL pilot with ATPL and also on a bell 212 and i sometimes use XPlane for some flights and/or IFR training. but i rather would do this in dcs.

i beleive there would be a huge demand for simmers to fly in this nice environment with civil planes or at least planes which could be used for both. just have a look in the user files download section from DCS homepage. there are many civil skins to download. so i think people like civil stuff

and once again, if some just want exclusively doing combat, then just dont buy them modules or go to servers where you can do this. i would say im 70% freeflying/formations/training and 30% doing combat.

also those modules are nearly already made from other softwarecompanies. a module for XP10 or FSX is about 30-40 $. thats ok i think... so maybe it would be not such a big deal to convert something like this to DCS (but i really have no idea if its possible, im no programmer)

just my 2 cents...

Last edited by LNR212; 01-09-2016 at 07:42 PM.
LNR212 is offline   Reply With Quote