Having huge issues with controlling cockpit

keem85

After the new update that came a while back, I haven't been able to gaze-control my cockpit any more.. Every time I turn my head more than 45 - 90 degree, the game stops giving input.. My joystick and throttle stops working, and I have to pause the game, go out to Oculus Home and re-focus DCS again... I have confined the mouse cursor to DCS window.. I have tried both fullscreen and windowed mode, but nothing helps. Please help me out with this issue.

Also, is it possible to remove that annoying and useless touch-controller hand floating in the air in front of me?

After the new update that came a while back, I haven't been able to gaze-control my cockpit any more.. Every time I turn my head more than 45 - 90 degree, the game stops giving input.. My joystick and throttle stops working, and I have to pause the game, go out to Oculus Home and re-focus DCS again... I have confined the mouse cursor to DCS window.. I have tried both fullscreen and windowed mode, but nothing helps. Please help me out with this issue.

Also, is it possible to remove that annoying and useless touch-controller hand floating in the air in front of me?

Well you shouldn’t be seeing the controller hand. Have you tried turning your controllers off?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Run a repair. I have no issues.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030 :D

Don't forget administrator rights! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

What exactly do you mean by "game stops giving input" and "Oculus Home and re-focus DCS again"

When the issue occurs, is the LED inside the Rift (just above your nose) still white? If it turns to Orange, the RIFT had an error (It should pop up in the Oculus software.)

If its still white, I would make sure the Sensor is placed according to Oculus Specs.

Is the touch controller semi transparent? Are you using the new Oculus 2.0 Beta? Because apparently they added those "placeholders" in a newer version. I normaly just hide the Controllers under the seat so they are inside the digital fuselage.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

What exactly do you mean by "game stops giving input" and "Oculus Home and re-focus DCS again"

When the issue occurs, is the LED inside the Rift (just above your nose) still white? If it turns to Orange, the RIFT had an error (It should pop up in the Oculus software.)

If its still white, I would make sure the Sensor is placed according to Oculus Specs.

Is the touch controller semi transparent? Are you using the new Oculus 2.0 Beta? Because apparently they added those "placeholders" in a newer version. I normaly just hide the Controllers under the seat so they are inside the digital fuselage.

I mean that Joystick and Throttle stops working. Game goes out of focus.. Haven't been able to solve it yet. It's super annoying. Tried running repair on the game but I still have this issue.

It sounds like the mouse isn't confined to the DCS widow so when you look to the left and right in cockpit and click the mouse the mouse is actually clicking on the windows desktop and so DCS stops responding this will also disable your joysticks in DCS.

There is a setting somewhere to confine the mouse to the DCS window. this should stop this happening (if that is the issue of course)

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

It sounds like the mouse isn't confined to the DCS widow so when you look to the left and right in cockpit and click the mouse the mouse is actually clicking on the windows desktop and so DCS stops responding this will also disable your joysticks in DCS.

There is a setting somewhere to confine the mouse to the DCS window. this should stop this happening (if that is the issue of course)

SD

Yes that was my immediate guess too. And I activated that setting, but it didn't help. That's super strange.

Guys I know what the problem is. Like a user suggested here, when I turn my head, my mouse cursor hits my OS instead of the game, that's why DCS goes out of focus.. I can not for the life of me fix it. I tried fullscreen, windowed, confine cursor to game window etc.. Still no luck..

Any other ideas?

You tried going "Real"Fullscreen? Make sure DCS is the active instance and hit left-alt+Enter

The screen will be stretched to your monitor, but you won't see a difference in VR.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR

You tried going "Real"Fullscreen? Make sure DCS is the active instance and hit left-alt+Enter

The screen will be stretched to your monitor, but you won't see a difference in VR.

This solved the problem :) Thanks. Do you know how to make it always start in fullscreen? I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else experiencing this

Fullscreen option tick in the game does not work

I don't think you can. Just wait for 2.5 next week. Some Aspect Ratio VR issues were fixed in the recent update according to the changelog.