TGP Lasing 4 Wingman

Some turorial for the following task:

Of my TGP aim with the laser a target for my wingman attacks it.

How do I it in multiplayer?

How do I get my wingman to enter my net? for me to pass the data. From my Tad.

How i can send a MSG in the MFD?

How do I step up to my wingman the target of my TGP?

Like I was the JTAC.

Suppose I'm out of ammo but he still has!:joystick:

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Of my TGP aim with the laser a target for my wingman attacks it.

How do I it in multiplayer?

I won't go into too much detail here.

What you're looking for is called "Buddy lasing", and it was discussed in this thread among others. Of course the manual also details most of the necessary steps.

Very generally speaking, the Laser Guided Bombs of your wingman will be set to a specific laser code. IRL, this can only be set on the ground, while in DCS it's possible to change the bomb's laser code from the DSMS. But for the sake of realism, let's assume his laser code is fixed. Now you need to set your targeting (illumination) laser to the same code, which is done in the TGP setup page.

Finally, you need to agree on a mutual target. Marking a target via SPI broadcast works very well, but you could also send it via SADL, or mark it with smoke, or do it the old fashioned way and give him the coords via radio.

Whichever way you choose - you need to communicate! I don't think it makes any sense to send targets to a random dude on MP and expect him to drop an LGB at just the right time, when you have sensors on it. You need to be on TeamSpeak or some other type of voice chat (SimpleRadio and UniversRadio are of course excellent tools for this) and coordinate your actions.

Chances are, if you ask a random dude on TS how buddy lasing works and he actually knows the steps, he'll talk you through it in 10 to 15 minutes and then you can lase for your wingman like a pro. It's not that difficult, but there's not much use writing it all down (besides, I'm sure that has been done many times already, and hopefully someone will post links to good and helpful guides and tutorials).

It doesn't necessary have to be that you are out of ammo and he is not. The threat situation may also require that the aircraft delivering the ordnance needs to conduct agressive manouvres after release. In this case wingman can lase from a little safer distance.

On note is that in order for buddy lasing to work both aircrafts have to be within 8nm of the target. Not sure what the distance is in real life but for DCS its app. 8nm.

Cheers

Hans

• Like 1