DTAC Terrain Development

rockwelder

I have tested them all...they are all very good..it is really a matter of taste...I switch between these Mods from time to time, but for me (!!) the best one is Tobys Enhanced Terrain with the tweaks from PeterP, the DTAC Trees and SweetFX ...this one has the best of both Worlds imho!:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tested them all...they are all very good..it is really a matter of taste...I switch between these Mods from time to time, but for me (!!) the best one is Tobys Enhanced Terrain with the tweaks from PeterP, the DTAC Trees and SweetFX ...this one has the best of both Worlds imho!:)

Was thinking about trying one of these. So if I understand you right in the sentence below, all the stuff listed is part of the "Enhanced Terrain" download?

Tobys Enhanced Terrain with the tweaks from PeterP, the DTAC Trees and SweetFX ...this one has the best of both Worlds imho!

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Was thinking about trying one of these. So if I understand you right in the sentence below, all the stuff listed is part of the "Enhanced Terrain" download?

Tobys Enhanced Terrain with the tweaks from PeterP, the DTAC Trees and SweetFX ...this one has the best of both Worlds imho!

Hi,

no..the Terrain Files is a Pack from PeterP (modified Toby Version), The Trees are from Rockwelder (DTAC Developer) and Sweet FX is Part from Tobys Terrain Mod, or you can Google it. Important if you have a 64Bit OS you have to use the 64Bit Injector for sweet FX!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• 3 weeks later...
Important if you have a 64Bit OS you have to use the 64Bit Injector for sweet FX!

Hello Lizzard,

Do you have a link for download the "64bit Injector" ?

I've found the 1.5.1 but I'm not sure that it's good for my PC 64bits.

A great thanks in advance. Skull

Here is a JSGME format mod with the 64bit SweetFX files and it also includes Mustangs Clouds and PeterP's HDR enabler in the one pack. Just unzip it into your JSGME mod folder and enable it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B31Ed4Wn1_E2cEg4VklieHgwc0k/edit?usp=docslist_api

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Please could you upload a non-torrent version?

It's not clear for what your asking for here, but my posted link above is not a torrent, or try this if you're looking for the DTAC Terrain and Trees in JSGME format: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1921602&postcount=21

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

INSTRUCTIONS : Back up the .zip files mentioned below before you do anything (if you have backed up once prior to initially modifying these files then this all that is required). Place each season texture in its proper .zip file. Located in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures. When asked to replace and overwrite do so.

LandTexturesSpringOther

LandTexturesSummerOther

LandTexturesWinterOther

LandTexturesAutumnOther

I'm sure I saw a thread recently that said it isn't necessary to put the files back into the zips anymore and we can just put the loose files alongside the zips and they'll be found and used instead.

If this is the case, I imagine it should allow the size of the download to be reduced, as well as the complexity of installing it?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I'm sure I saw a thread recently that said it isn't necessary to put the files back into the zips anymore and we can just put the loose files alongside the zips and they'll be found and used instead.

If this is the case, I imagine it should allow the size of the download to be reduced, as well as the complexity of installing it?

It does work, I am using this mod that way already. The size of the download is not affected, though. The download contains already only the new/changed texture files.

But instead of merging the DTAC files into (a copy) of the original ZIP file, it suffices to just unpack the DTAC zip file into a folder with the same name as the original ZIP file (minus the .ZIP ending, ofc). Put that folder into the same folder as the original ZIP file, and you are good to go.

It does work, I am using this mod that way already. The size of the download is not affected, though. The download contains already only the new/changed texture files.

But instead of merging the DTAC files into (a copy) of the original ZIP file, it suffices to just unpack the DTAC zip file into a folder with the same name as the original ZIP file (minus the .ZIP ending, ofc). Put that folder into the same folder as the original ZIP file, and you are good to go.

:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sorry but I've got myself completely confused with all these different mods/versions and need some help untangling myself please.

I've downloaded Rocky's DTAC Terrain & Trees in JSGME format from http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1921602&postcount=21

and extracted it to my JSGME folder as "DTAC Terrain & Trees". That's 1.08GB and in each of the four LandTexturesSEASONother folders there's

noise_1.bmp.dds, r_for.tga.dds and r_for_t.tga.dds.

Then I've also downloaded from the first post DTAC2013 v2Hires.zip (113MB), which is the "DTAC Hires Trees with no grass textures" and which only contains a r_for.tga.dds file for each season and they appear to be the same size as the ones in the above mod, so I presume I can delete that and that I don't need the DTAC Ground Texture torrent (DTAC Ground Hi-Res.zip) either?

I've also got a mod I've extracted to "Enhanced Terrain" which is 436MB and each of the four folders only contain noise_1.bmp.dds (much smaller than the DTAC ones though) but there's also four matching zip files containing a large number of files. I believe this is PeterP's version of the mod but I'm not sure.

I've also got Highwayman's Villages mod, which contains some of the same files (noise_1.bmp.dds, r_for.tga.dds) but also a number of village_x.tga.dds files in each of the four folders.

Obviously I can only use the conflicting files from one of the mods but I wonder if it's possible to (or if there's any benefit from) combining them? So if I install "Enhanced Terrain" with JSGME first, which will put it's files (mainly zips) in position, then install "DTAC Terrain & Trees" which doesn't use zips but loose files, will the "Enhanced Terrain" zips be used but the loose files from "DTAC Terrain & Trees" be used on top of those? Similarly with "Highwayman's Village Mod", if I delete the conflicting noise_1.bmp.dds, r_for.tga.dds files first, then installed it, will I get the benefit of his villages together with the other mods, giving me the best of all three mods?

EDIT: I've actually got another mod "new seasonal vfstextures without fields and buldings.rar" which might be PeterP's one, which just contains the noise_1.bmp.dds files, which are the same size as the "Enhanced Terrain" and "Highwayman's Villages mod" ones (10.6MB) but a lot smaller than the "DTAC Terrain & Trees" ones (85.3MB), so I presume the latter are better?

Edited by doveman

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Obviously I can only use the conflicting files from one of the mods but I wonder if it's possible to (or if there's any benefit from) combining them? So if I install "Enhanced Terrain" with JSGME first, which will put it's files (mainly zips) in position, then install "DTAC Terrain & Trees" which doesn't use zips but loose files, will the "Enhanced Terrain" zips be used but the loose files from "DTAC Terrain & Trees" be used on top of those? Similarly with "Highwayman's Village Mod", if I delete the conflicting noise_1.bmp.dds, r_for.tga.dds files first, then installed it, will I get the benefit of his villages together with the other mods, giving me the best of all three mods?

EDIT: I've actually got another mod "new seasonal vfstextures without fields and buldings.rar" which might be PeterP's one, which just contains the noise_1.bmp.dds files, which are the same size as the "Enhanced Terrain" and "Highwayman's Villages mod" ones (10.6MB) but a lot smaller than the "DTAC Terrain & Trees" ones (85.3MB), so I presume the latter are better?

Just been looking into this too and my head is spinning! And you left out Toby23's Low and Slow textures... aaargh! :surrender:

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Uploaded a JSGME version of the DTAC Terrain and Trees with my villages mod here

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uploaded a JSGME version of the DTAC Terrain and Trees with my villages mod here

Thanks Highwayman, that makes life a lot simpler. Just have to decide between your low'n'slow combo or your DTAC combo now ;)

• 1 year later...
dtac2.jpg

dtacc.jpg

Link to DTAC Hires Trees with no grass textures for current tree models. This is the best I can do for now until I get some tools and assistance from ED.

Link to DTAC Ground Textures

INSTRUCTIONS : Back up the .zip files mentioned below before you do anything (if you have backed up once prior to initially modifying these files then this all that is required). Place each season texture in its proper .zip file. Located in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Terrain\vfstextures. When asked to replace and overwrite do so.

LandTexturesSpringOther

LandTexturesSummerOther

LandTexturesWinterOther

LandTexturesAutumnOther

Friends, tell me please? which directories in DCS WORLD copying "Fall" & "Optional Noise" of MOD DTAC Ground Hi Res? Thanks!!!

fall means autumn (from when leafs fall) so it goes to LandTexturesAutumnOther archive or you can have a folder next to it named the same. The optional noise goes in each season and is optional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Hi im trying to download this mod without a torrent and ive gone to this link (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1921602&postcount=21) to try and download it, but it seems like the link there is broken. is there any way to get this terrain without using that link or getting a torrent?

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I may well have cleaned that up a while ago as it's pretty old now. I'll take a look in my Google Drive tomorrow and update here if I still have it.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

A question:

Is it possible to update this mod to 1.5 beta?

I used these trees in 1.2.x, and now the 1.5 beta standard trees look a bit dull and artificial..

Especially you see clearly from low to medium altitude how they are made from two 2D textures. :-/

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

This mod should be compatible with 1.5 as the file structure is not changed there. However the trees in 1.5 look better in my opinion and I used this mod trees until 1.5.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least