Can't Add DCS.exe to Nvidia Custom Settings

I want to create a custom setting for A10C under the Nvidia Control Panel-->Manage 3D Settings-->Program Settings but for some reason, I cannot add DCS.exe there to do this. Anyone know of a workaround?

I am using Win7 64 and I've tried adding dcs.exe from both bin directory and bin/x86 with no avail.

Thanks.

I want to create a custom setting for A10C under the Nvidia Control Panel-->Manage 3D Settings-->Program Settings but for some reason, I cannot add DCS.exe there to do this. Anyone know of a workaround?

I am using Win7 64 and I've tried adding dcs.exe from both bin directory and bin/x86 with no avail.

Thanks.

I was able to add dcs.exe on my system, same OS. What do you mean by cannot add dcs.exe, does it display an error?

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum

I think it's because you have Black Shark installed but not sure. The changes I make to the Black Shark profile affect A-10 though.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

I was able to add dcs.exe on my system, same OS. What do you mean by cannot add dcs.exe, does it display an error?

It allows me to navigate to the folder and select dcs.exe and I click "open" but it doesn't end up appearing in the program list for me to make custom settings. No error message at all. I add it, and dcs.exe is just not there.

I think it's because you have Black Shark installed but not sure. The changes I make to the Black Shark profile affect A-10 though.

blackshark has a completely different executable "simulator.exe". FC2 also has "simulator.exe" so blackshark and fc2 affect each other. However, A10C is dcs.exe so it shouldn't be affected by either blackshark or fc2.

blackshark has a completely different executable "simulator.exe". FC2 also has "simulator.exe" so blackshark and fc2 affect each other. However' date=' A10C is dcs.exe so it shouldn't be affected by either blackshark or fc2.[/quote']

BS without patchs uses DCS.exe, not simulator.exe, for this reason, nvidia profile considers that DCS.exe is BS, and when install WH, in the control panel DCS.exe remain exe of BS. For this reason, when select the exe in the control panel, automatically profiles jump to BS, and not create new for WH. If you look, after this, BS profile have icon of WH.

Solution: I think is uninstall BS, uninstall profile drivers (uninstall drivers), install drivers and BS, and only launch BS after applied all patchs.

Edited by Legolasindar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

No need of uninstalling blackshark. It's just that nvidia DCS:BS default profile doesen't affect blackshark anymore (1.0.2) but it affects DCS:A-10.

For blackshark you need to manually create a profile for simulator.exe.

If I were ED I would rename each module exe to something like dcska50.exe, dcsa10.exe, etc.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

I too have an issue with this,i have the BS icon instead of WH in profile but i have deleted BS, have i missed some BS files somewhere and not deleted them?

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

I too have an issue with this,i have the BS icon instead of WH in profile but i have deleted BS, have i missed some BS files somewhere and not deleted them?

No. it's just that the nvidia profiles are not up to date and detects dcs.exe, and that is a-10 executable.

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Confusing but I think I get it.

Use the built in Blackshark in Nvidia control panel---->affects A10C

Manually add simulator.exe--->affects blackshark and FC2

Correct?

Regards.

Edited by <((((><

• 3 weeks later...

I use 8xSQ, it looks pretty good. I just checked, and apparently you need to use "Nvidia inspector" to set AA to 8XSQ.

Edited by galagamo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Creating your own DCS profile in nVidia doesn't work in my experience, as the existing profile overrides it.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

AF is set automatically to 16x by default in the sim although there is no indication of it in the GUI, its been confirmed a couple of times in various posts.

Always set AA in the GUI.

i7-920 @3.8Ghz / MSI X58m / 8GB DDR3 / 2 x HD5770 / Asus-vw226h @1920x1200 / 2x OCZ Vertex 2 80GB SSD's / Win 7-64 / TrackIR 5 / Saitek x52 / Razer BlackWidow Mech Keyboard / Razer Deathadder

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/component/content/article/35-text-guides/82-ultimate-list-of-free-programs-for-windows.html

AF is set automatically to 16x by default in the sim although there is no indication of it in the GUI, its been confirmed a couple of times in various posts.

Always set AA in the GUI.

That's interesting. I know it definately makes a diff in BS as I've compared screenies side by side. I guess I never bothered to check this for A10C.