Graphical HOTAS Layout

jeffyd123

depending on the stick you have you can use the Stick's profiling software or map the controls directly in the game (look for "HOTAS" in the controls list).

I have an X-65 with lots of HATS so i mapped them directly in the game... My buddy had an X-45 and he mapped all of the HATS in the game too but used modifiers to make some of the HATS have 2 different functions depending whether they were shifted (modified) or not.

If you have a TM WartHog you are already good to go.

I tried to map my HATS as close to the real stick as possible... getting a layout of the HOTAS setup in the sim will help... look in the forums. There should be some here. they will help you design your own setup.

My post above stated I have a G940, which, I believe, is what Red Baron used in creating the setup in your OP..

So, I should map all this using the HOTAS controls?

Or am I better off just tossing a prefab G940 profile in the Logitech Profiler (and, if so, which do you recommend?)?

Thx again

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

oops... ya thats right, your on a 940.

I would try out Red baron's profile first and see how you like it I bet its very good... Im not sure but I would imagine there are several premade layouts in the forums for you to try.

After some time in the sim you will more than likely make your own custom profile suited to how you want the HOTAS to be.

I found it very easy to map the controls in the sim... takes me maybe 20 minutes. I also feel it may be a tiny bit more responsive directly mapping controls in the sim instead of in the profile... just a guess.

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

My post above stated I have a G940, which, I believe, is what Red Baron used in creating the setup in your OP..

So, I should map all this using the HOTAS controls?

Or am I better off just tossing a prefab G940 profile in the Logitech Profiler (and, if so, which do you recommend?)?

Thx again

You might have solved your problem but, I personally recommend not using Logitech Profiler. Also be careful about Win 7's seeing G940 as 3 seperate controllers. Which means you have to assign relevant commands to the relevant controller also in the game. At the end you'll have 3 different lua files for every controller (Joystick, Throttle, Pedals)

Currently I 'm using 90% of Red Baron's profile, some changes are needed but all TMS, DMS, China Hat and Boat Switch functionalities are in place. If you'd like to tweak a bit, links are below. It may be used as a starting point. Regards.

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895210/fb05bc8/CashmanG940_Joystick.lua.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895314/a5d263f/CashmanG940_Throttle.lua.html

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895386/a1510f2/CashmanG940_Rudder.lua.html

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz, 16Gb 1333 DDR3, Ati 2 Gb 6950, Logitech G940, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Yoke and other GA stuff....

Thanks, Cashman. I've been gone all weekend and will get at A-10C tomorrow (Monday).

Right now, how to set up the controls has me totally baffled.

Yes, I would like to avoid the Logitech profiler as I have found it troublesome in othersims.

I'll try your suggestions. I assume they just go in the lua file of the sim itself.

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

Thanks, Cashman. I've been gone all weekend and will get at A-10C tomorrow (Monday).

Right now, how to set up the controls has me totally baffled.

Yes, I would like to avoid the Logitech profiler as I have found it troublesome in othersims.

I'll try your suggestions. I assume they just go in the lua file of the sim itself.

Dont use the profiler, map everthing inside the game...will save you a lot of hussle...

In fact close the profiler software when you are playing DCS...

I took this (great) idea and expanded it a bit (added CMS & Pinky)...

The first file is a single page showing switch commands and the second file is a two page which also shows the locations on stick and throttle.

Edited by eddiejb
  • Like 3

i7 14700kf OC 5.8 GHz, 32GB, Geforce RTX 4090, Windows 11 (64), Oculus Quest 3, TM HOTAS Warthog

I took this (great) idea and expanded it a bit (added CMS & Pinky)...

The first file is a single page showing switch commands and the second file is a two page which also shows the locations on stick and throttle.

Thanks!

Looks like your daughter is a topnotch A-10 pilot, can she plink 6 tanks with JDAMs yet?

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

I think that CMS Left & Right functions are mixed up:

CMS LEFT should be "Previous Program"

CMS RIGHT should be "Next Program"

You are right, thanks, looks like they have it switched in the manual as well.

• Like 1

i7 14700kf OC 5.8 GHz, 32GB, Geforce RTX 4090, Windows 11 (64), Oculus Quest 3, TM HOTAS Warthog

• 2 months later...