CLUTTER/BUSHES

CLUTTER/BUSHES. This slider adjusts the range from the camera at which grass/bushes are rendered on the ground.

So if I understand correctly, a setting of 0 will turn clutter bushes off and best eye candy is achieved with the setting of 500m?

Thanks.

how much of an impact does this setting have on performance, and what part of the system does it hit hardest?

Will be system-specific: Just set to 500m, test and scale down accordingly until you reach a happy medium.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I like the look better with it off

jup, me too. would be a different story if you can have clutter everywhere, but as soon as i'm in the air the boundary between clutter and no clutter just disctracts me.

when coming in for a landing its the same... no bushes, no grass, suddenly POPP - tadaaa, here we are, grown out of nowhere...

would be nice to have it all over, or making the boundary more soft.

but for the feeling of your speed when running down the RW, it's nice :)

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

I have it set to 500m now and I haven't seen any degradation in framerate.

I have win 7 64 and i920 oc'ed to 3.8 ghz with 6 gigs ram, and a gtx280 nvidia card......

Set it to example 2, 3, 5 km editing I believe some LUA file :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

speaking of increasing bush draw distance.. i've increased draw distance for trees. doesn't tax the system very much and it looks better. i've edited the medium view distance so only the trees get rendered further out. object, lights etc. seems to cost much more fps than trees.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

which LUA file? I will enhance it to 2km :)

C:\Users\XXXXX\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config\options.lua

Under graphics you have clutterdistance in meters.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester