DCS: Black Shark now available on Steam

Wags

sorry, a short question. But why do you guys want to get the Game on Steam? Wouldn´t it be better for you to get direct access to the game? Consider a server issue on steam servers, so you can´t play the game at all....just a guess.

Steam does have an offline mode that allows you to access and play your steam games without an online connection. It has been a while since I've had to use this feature but I doubt it has changed.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True Bullit, but you need to specifically set it to that mode for that to happen, if memory serves. If your is set to online mode, and there's a server issue, you can't set it TO offline mode. :P

Fortunately, I don't think if I've ever seen an issue take Steam down completely for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Let Valve know, in a polite way, that you are annoyed at the inability to purchase BS2 through them.

And I do mean polite. Rages never get anyone anything, but telling them that they just lost money might help. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I never ever...really...never ever would get Games like the DCS Series or ArmA via Steam. I always need controll over my purchased products and want to see them in an ordered folder structure on my seperated drive. But everyone as he likes it..

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

You can install steam wherever you want. And the file structure is no different than any other install. Just buried a little. Just find your steamapps common folder, and make a shortcut on your desktop... It's actually pretty easy. I run ArmA2 CO with quite a few mods and have no issues with it at all.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

as I said...everyone as he wants...I dont mind steam at all. I got a bunch of games there. But not ArmA2OA/ToH and DCS.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

For most other games Steam is the best because it keeps everything in a nice package as far as installing games and playing with friends, no need to keep up with serials and keys because it is stored in a convenient way. With me considering ED does all this for me and as Steam adds nothing unique or new to this collection I might as well cut out the middle man and go with the developer as I did in this case.

Edited by Bullitt