When Mi-8 will come out of beta?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mi-8 has the heaviest rotor blades of any helicopter I've ever worked on. I have not worked on Chinooks, but their rotor blades weight almost exactly the same. There is not another helicopter in the same weight class as an Mi-8 with heavier rotor blades.

The chord of the blades is also comparable to other helicopters in the same class.

My point, I guess, is that the blades on Mil helicopters are not lighter nor are they appreciably narrower than other helicopters in the same weight class.

Mi-8 has the heaviest rotor blades of any helicopter I've ever worked on. I have not worked on Chinooks, but their rotor blades weight almost exactly the same. There is not another helicopter in the same weight class as an Mi-8 with heavier rotor blades.

The chord of the blades is also comparable to other helicopters in the same class.

My point, I guess, is that the blades on Mil helicopters are not lighter nor are they appreciably narrower than other helicopters in the same weight class.

The relation lenght-chord has no rival. They are of course heavy since they are large and designed to lift a big thing plust its cargo, but to be that long, they could be considered somewhat light.