new Huey campaign

wolle

Thanks this is what I want compain. I 'll jump into jungle dragonfly now.

I don't know DCS structure, curious about why there is no need creat a new folder named "crazy horse", they can recognize those mission? just curious.

Thank you.

I wish I had read this Thread Before I started flying this Campaign. Then I would already have known about the "decent" menu ... which drove me nuts trying to find it ... each of the 4 times I flew the mission !!! $%^&*(

Anyway, at least I now know why it wasn't working (or certainly appeared to not be working .. I wasn't sure it wasn't just me !).

I was trying every menu, every command, changing radio Freq's etc.

Hopefully ED will soon have a fix for this because it seems like a well thought out Campaign which you obviously invested a significant amount of time into it.

That said, I kinda wish they'd stop playing around with the File Structures. It seems to wreak havoc often.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, this campaign is broken at the moment, because of at least two things:

i) the "decent" menu that is used for picking up troops has been removed by the devs:thumbdown:

ii) cargos (that can be sling loaded by the choppers) do not behave properly anymore in the lua scripting engine. For example "StaticObject.getByName("cargoName"):getPosition()" returns an "Object doesn't exist in function getPosition" lua error even if a cargo with name "cargoName" has been placed in the mission editor.:cry:

Until those two things get fixed, this campaign is broken. I don't expect a fix soon, since AFAIK neither of the two bugs has even been acknolowdged by the moderators, yet:music_whistling: (may be wrong about this though)

Yep. Same issues for me. Was developing the sling load transport script, and calling that function returns "Object does not exist" in my logging:

6340.680 INFO    SCRIPTING: GE Cargo 1
06340.681 INFO    SCRIPTING: Error in scheduled function:[string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Stage.lua"]:498: Object doesn't exist
06340.681 INFO    SCRIPTING: stack traceback:
   [string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:716: in function <[string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:713>
   [C]: in function 'inAir'
   [string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Stage.lua"]:498: in function 'Validate'
   [string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mission.lua"]:633: in function 'f'
   [string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:747: in function <[string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:747>
   [C]: in function 'xpcall'
   [string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:747: in function 'do_scheduled_functions'
   [string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:666: in function <[string "D:/My DCS Missions/Scripts/MFW/Mistv3_3_Sven4.lua"]:661>

Any ED moderator or tester that would report this little issue?

Thanks,

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Was there any luck on this? Have the devs acknowledged the bugs? :(

It'd be too bad if DCS world 2 came up without these things fixed :S

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Have the devs acknowledged the bugs?

This was most likely a deliberate removal of functionality because of poor implementation and/or buggy behaviour, so we'll probably get it back later.

But anyway, they're now concentrating on EDGE fulltime instead of fixing bugs in the old engine. So I'm guessing it'll still take a while until they get back to effective bugswatting again.

(disclaimer: the above is 100% guesswork and thus closely related to :lol:)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 1 month later...

wolle, I can't pickup downed pilots in the first mission of crazy horse. I land 2 feet next to them, but no pickup option in F10 menu please advise.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

It seems that you have used the embark/disembark command for the pilots, I erased them from the mission altogether as even with CTTS, they do get in as extractable but on landing at Kobuleti and disembarking them via load/unload option, I always get a 50% score and this is my fourth time so no thanks.. I've set the win condition as group inside landing zone (SPR1-1)..

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Gents, can you offer some assistance with the Liquidator mission please?

I collect the cargo and drop it on the nuclear plant, but it never seems to have any effect, and inevitably, the mission fails. Ive dropped 4 cargo loads on the smoking buildings but it still fails! Am i missing something here?

I had a quick look at the mission in the editor and it appears im dropping the cargo in the correct "drop zone". Not sure where to go from here. Can you offer advice please?

Discord - Psycho#8075

updated Crazy Horse campaign for version 1.2.16

Dear pilots,

I have just updated the Crazy Horse Campaign for DCS World version 1.2.16. (My original plan was to wait until DCS World 2 comes out, but...)

Download here.

Feedback welcome. Enjoy!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Wolle,

Thanks very much for fixing the missions, its very much appreciated. The changes you've made so far are a big improvement and I've managed to complete the Liquidator mission now. Many thanks... have repped you for being so proactive with your campaign :)

Is it difficult to design campaigns like these? Id like to give it a try myself but feel bewildered even making simple missions in that editor, lol.

Discord - Psycho#8075

wolle, I downloaded the new campaign and now mission 1 works, thanks.

Pointers on where to release fire suppressing sling loads? Liquidator

The crew chief should give you verbal instructions for the drop point just like he does while picking up the sling load.

It'd be nice if there was a scoring screen for it, but the mission just tells you how close each drop is.

Practice makes perfect.

I'm doing it in 1.2.15 so there are no pointers from crew chief or anyone. Is that why mission behaves differently?

I can't get the fire suppressant to drop in the right spot either and no pointers at all, except the distance meter that pops up. Frustration heaven! It's so hard to get the Huey in the right spot to drop the fire retardant...no joy after a dozen attempts so far...and I have to do these drops 4 times I assume to complete the mission. I'll be at it for a year at this point...all good though, love the challenge!

Good day,

DrDetroit

I didn't try this campaign, yet, but I noticed the CTTS script function to monitor cargo in zone seems to have problems as well.

Also the cargo can get damaged, when you slew it across the ground during lift off, or dropping it hard. Not even sure a damaged cargo still is recognized as cargo! Maybe Wolle or somebody who already is past this particular mission can verify the trigger logic still works?

From what you experience it could simply be bugged...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

ok, are we supposed to drop the sling loads intact or just hover and let go so they sort of "burst damaged" inside the accident zone?

When I ran the mission on the MI-8 version, you just had to pick them up and drop them. Proximity to the drop point was just about personal pride, and did not effect mission completion.

I think my worst drop was 21m away. Damaging the cargo didn't seem to cause problems.

Practice makes perfect.

Well I am running this on 1.2.15 so this may be the sort of causing scripts errors at every mission. My next update should be around LNs F-14 release.

Hi Wolle

I started flying this campaign a couple days ago (with the updated/replacement files).

I am currently trying to complete the "troop insertion by fast rope technique" mission (whatever it's called ?).

After a ridiculous amount of time getting all the guys to fast rope (must be cross winds and turbulence right ?!!!), now I am on the ground but there is NO WAY to pick up the troops.

As you know, there is no longer a Decent Menu.

Is there a solution to this problem (so I can start all over and try it again !@%$^&*!!!) ?

• 4 months later...

Hey Guys!

I've tried the firefighting mission now about 10 times. While the mission itself is super big fun, I'm hitting frustration now - big time.

My approaches to the loads have become super smooth. The voice hints help a lot, but I never manage to get more than 3 loads to the fire, because I will loose the loads while flying to the fire for a reason that I cannot grasp. My flying is as smooth as possible, slip-ball is centered all the time, load does not swing, i accelerate and decelerate as smooth as I possibly can (sinkrates less than 500fpm). Still, all of the sudden there comes a message

Cargo damaged

You dropped cargo too far from the zone, MISSION FAILED

I've tried so many times, I cannot find the reason for it.

Also, sometimes the script says the load was dropped successfully within 10 metres, but when I fly back to the farp to pick up more I sometimes notice the load is still attached, so I fly back, hover in place again until the load is dropped, and then go to pickup a new load. Usually just to drop the load on the way for a reason I cannot see ...

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

thanks!

• 6 months later...

Is this campaign going to be updated? Other than a helicopter crashing right after taking off from the carriers and the multiple voice script errors, I can't pick up the troops on the first mission. Land next to them and nothing happens and there's no F10 option to pick them up. I've tried to resave each mission but for some reason it won't allow me to. Too bad, it looks like a good campaign but after reading, it looks like it hasn't worked correctly in a while.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

I deleted this mission a long time ago.

I never got a reply from when I posted in Aug. 2015, so with no ability to progress through the campaign from the point where I got stuck, there was no sense carrying this file on my hard drive any longer.

I'm sure one of the factors that prevents anyone from updating this file/mission/campaign, is the fact that the ME continues to be worked on along with DCS World 1.5 and 2 etc.

Most mission designers are having great difficulties maintaining mission work-ability because of continuous changes to DCS World. So I get it.