F-86 Release date?

Revan

If that sound isn't WIP, I'd say that's what is misleading. I don't want to sound all grumpy, but really, if that sound isn't planned to be part of the module, I'd rather hear how it actually sounds.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I heard this was added in. The actual sound effects would be nice.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I heard this was added in. The actual sound effects would be nice.

I wonder if ED is considering or working on upgrading the sounds to reflect close to what you hear on these promo videos. I would assume they are in tune to the hype they read on these boards.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Actually if EDGE isn't out when the Sabre comes out, then the footage we have seen is a bit misleading.

Well we know there intent is to have EDGE out soon, we know its in testing and tuning... I dont think its going to ruffle too many feathers if the video is put out showing what is to come... including EDGE.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Oh man.....why do they tease me with the F-86, tell me that it's coming in July, and then won't let me impulsively grab my credit card and slap down the cash?!

DCS......Stop dragging my heart around!

Yeah, ED should consider selling coupons, perhaps to allow us to load them up to refill our "bonus accounts". Or just to purchase stuff from the e-shop.

That way we could spend money all the time, whenever we feel the urge (after each of Wags postings, new screenshots on facebook, etc.). And that without the feeling that we would waste money (as in buying the fifth Blackshark ...)!

Nah.

Better don't, ED.

... what would I do with a "bonus account" balance of 5000 $ ...? :D

just noticed in some of the screenshots, that the Canopy Rail looks like it would take the pilots head off when closing...

or is it my aging eyes?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Can you link the one you mean? I'm not sure if I see it.

There's this one, and one from before,

Just looks like the canopy frame would end up going through his head.

Like he's sittin a tad too high, or he's Kareem Abdul Jabbar

:

attachment.php?attachmentid=98912&d=1401403733

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

just noticed in some of the screenshots, that the Canopy Rail looks like it would take the pilots head off when closing...

or is it my aging eyes?

You are correct, and this actually was the case. The training films for the aircraft taught the pilot to bow his head as the canopy closed because of this. Also later German-flown Canadair Sabres with larger ejection seats had a modified rail that moved the canopy up as well as back.

Hawk+one+17.JPG

What still needs to be corrected is the pitot tube. It isn't bent like it should be on all hard-wing F-86's.

pitot%20tube.jpg

Like in the P-51, the pilot with a helmet on would have to bow his head down when opening/closing the canopy.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

ahh, So hopefully the External Canopy Closing Animation has the pilot bow his head :).

I think I'm gonna make that screenshot the desktop background on one of my screens, the polished silver is shiney and nice......

Edited by SkateZilla

:

Allright ...

1. Battery - on

2. Inverter - on

3. Fuel valves - open

4. Canopy - close

* You have comitted fraticide. You have lost all your combat score! *

lol

ahh, So hopefully the External Canopy Closing Animation has the pilot bow his head :).

What's wrong with seeing this happening every time you close the canopy?

3088bxx.jpg

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

or is it my aging eyes?

just what speed do you think canopy is closing? Plus to close /open it, pilot needs to reach controls which I would think move pilot a bit. And heck, after first "whack" on helmet, pilot will learn. ;)

• 2 weeks later...