Tutorials by a real A10 Crew Chief

JetlinerX

ME! But as if this drama wasnt enough, my stick broke, so I cant even drop JDAMS to release the anger I have for this. :joystick:

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

Videos are back to live. Sorry for the confusion, hope all this crap is figured out by now.

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

Are they the same videos? Just curious if you felt you had to cut something out. Also, will you be posting more? I really appreciate what you do. You would think if anyone had a problem with the reality and complexity of the A10C sim, much less the entire line of DCS products, that there would not even be a sim available to the public!

Reminds me of after 9/11 when Microsoft removed the towers, then removed the ability to crash into skyscrapers. I'm surprised that they even have heavy jet simulators much less military simulators. (Not that I would want them to not have sims, just with some of the overreaction that some have, it wouldn't be a shocker.)

Buttons aren't toys! :smilewink:

My new Version 2 Pit: MacFevre A-10C SimPit V2

My first pit thread: A-10C Simulator Pit "The TARDIS."

Dzus Fastener tutorial, on the inexpensive side: DIY Dzus Fastener

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A massive thanks for the videos guys, super appreciated.

Just a question if I may though, I much prefer this start up procedure to the DCS one, but is there perhaps a PDF of the order to help me with memorizing the correct order? it would really help me out .

Again thanks!

Intel Core i9-10850K

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard

Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master

32 GB Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz DDR4

Thrustmaster Warthog/ HP Reverb G2

... Furthermore, by reading carefully what you wrote and the disjointed, unpolished form you wrote it in leads me to believe you are neither a former officer of anything nor someone who has successfully completed a J.D. from a legitimate degree granting institution. Those are some of the most poorly constructed sentences I've seen in quite some time. I have great difficulty believing they came from a college graduate, much less an attorney-at-law.

Are you kidding me?!

I'm not questioning whether he is or he isn't a lawyer or an ex officer, however his sentence structure and vocabulary is flawless, educated and erudite!

This may offend you (remember that you're the one who's drawing attention to language and structure) but it's your writing that sounds disjointed and verbose to me!

BTW, I've met officers in all the services (in my country and a few from yours) who were pretty effective at mangling the English language .. and seemed to think they were doing ok :D.

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Future English teacher here. Sobe's sentences weren't that bad. I only counted maybe 3 minor mistakes.

Thanks Nealius. It could be legalese I guess.

I had to decipher material on precedents once upon a time when I was @ uni .. and actually did find the language to be convoluted and pedantic :D ... Maybe that's what Trev picked up on?

Not to worry, and to get back on topic .. I've subscribed to the YouTube channel, thanks for your effort and contribution Rettick, I really appreciate it! Cheers!

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Very nice and clear instructions Just Picked up A10C this week and did the cold start training mission and take off after doing that I ordered trackir5 pro x52 and pro pedals cause trying too fly it with Logictech 3d was painful :)

So if there are any UK pilots that have time to help train an old dog new tricks please give me a shout (only ask for UK as time difference may make meet ups hard)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Fly like you stole it !!!:joystick:

MSI Mpower Z87 | I7 4770k @ 4.8 |Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinum | Win7 64 | 16gb HyperX Black | 240gb HyperX Black SSD | TM Hotas | TIR5 | SaitekProPedals

Thank you Teapot and Nealius for your kind comments. Yes, I am a lawyer and a former US Army officer. By the way, USMC_Trev is the same person that was absolutely positive that DCS was not protected by Star-force.

From the installation manual:

For further details on the copy protection system, please see the StarForce FAQ:

http://www.star-force.com/support/users/group2.php

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let Rettick and JetlinerX know that the effort they've put into making these training videos is deeply appreciated. Does Digitalthemepark have any means - other than teamspeak - where their DCS activities are announced? Do you fly regularly or do you fly together whenever enough people are on TS at the same time?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys anything new in the pipeline ??

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

• 1 month later...
Hey guys anything new in the pipeline ??

Hmmmm, :music_whistling:

• 5 weeks later...
Most every reg and pub we have is unclassified and approved for public release. If any of those documents or the content discussed or referenced were otherwise the individual would damn well know it. How do I know this? I do. So should he. You should know better too, but I smell bullshit coming off of you. Something rotten in the state of Denmark, to quote that one guy that wrote a few plays. You say you are a former officer, and a lawyer. I could have taken that at face value, but then you say you have some trouble understanding boundaries. Furthermore, by reading carefully what you wrote and the disjointed, unpolished form you wrote it in leads me to believe you are neither a former officer of anything nor someone who has successfully completed a J.D. from a legitimate degree granting institution. Those are some of the most poorly constructed sentences I've seen in quite some time. I have great difficulty believing they came from a college graduate, much less an attorney-at-law.

You are a very good example of what the USMC stands for, kill by all means, either by hand, weapon or mouth !

Get a real life

BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Amazing work!

I tryed to participate once, but i didn't have any ''countermeasures'' due to wearing a headset. I received a nice ''sidewinder'' right at the back of my head coming from my tally girlfriend witch I woke up, accidentally...:music_whistling: I cannot remember the time exactly (due to the ''sidewinder'') but it was very late at night or very early in the morning:lol:

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:joystick: :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Pssst... I think everyone from this thread has moved on.... let it go...

Considering the open-ended nature of the statement that "you are not supposed to state that you are a member or prior member of the US military", I'm just left wondering how anybody who has served is supposed to get their veterans discount at IHOP.

:D