Froogles First Impressions

metheluckydonut

With all due respect, I think some people are being a little thin-skinned here. Froogle is one guy with a YouTube channel. Who gives a flying chrome ball what he thinks.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, I think some people are being a little thin-skinned here. Froogle is one guy with a YouTube channel. Who gives a flying chrome ball what he thinks.

Amen my brother.

Never saw the first vid but if he was right, as he states, why did he pull it?

Whoever paid him dollar moneys must ask for their money back, lol.

Ego's lol.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Well.......just when you've thought you'd seen it all, eh :megalol:

Let's attempt an objective comparison for what it's worth:

Who of us succeeded the first time with the P-51 take-off? 10%? 15%?

If you're one of those 10-15 percenters then good on you - you're a better pilot than I am. I have ALL the latest toys and I tell you, I spent the better part of an entire day , not leaving the chair, digging trenches off Min' Vody's active. I put the 'loop' into ground-loop that day I tell you.

Should I have based my subjective 'consumer review' on that one day's folly? My folly I might add, which was subsequently rectified by sound advice and time spent in getting to understand the aircraft. Took a couple of days and I was flying her like a pro.

As if history was repeating itself, same thing happened to me with the Huey, only this time it took me more than a day of wrestling before matters 'clicked'. Again, after a fair amount of reading and understanding and more importantly, after listening to and applying sound advice of current Huey pilots (*yes pilots, not wrench-monkeys) we have on the test-team. Guess what - I could all of a sudden do anything I wanted to with the Huey and I mean anything......Not difficult to do at all.

All it took was time spent at the controls.

I also have not had the pleasure of viewing the original vid - I wish I did, if only to attempt to ascertain how much hours was put into the SIM prior to posting the 'first impressions' vid.

Somehow I'm certain it was not enough.

*Disclaimer: No disrespect to maintenance techies intended :D

LOL, I still cant get the bloody thing off the ground without the takeoff help enabled.

And this is like my 789238994269698263 time.

Cheer up :D

:thumbup::megalol:

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Jesus christ guys, get over it!!! everyone is entitled to their own opinions!!!!!!!!!!! Froogle makes valid and reasoned comments in the vid of the huey and all others that he does. Like the VLOG said, he goes and buys the products even if they are in Beta with his own money because he is excited and wants to try the product before it is released as a final version! Just like everyone else on this forum!

Everyone thought the FM was out when it was first released and subsequently Froogle's comments have been proven correct. Lets move on.

stabilizer bar

Hey there everyone,i have a big problem on hovering uh-1h. I have no any experience on riding a helicopter in my life. However, no matter i pay much more attention to stop the huey from pitching up and down. It never calm to stablized . So, i think there should be a stability augmentation mechanism (stabilizer bar on top of the huey) to help stablize the huey as page 1 #9 Sundowner said.

Froogle, the Huey actually has a stability augmentation mechanism, although it's not electric like the SCAS on Cobra or TwinHuey. It's mechanical - the stabilizer bar act as stability augmentation system of sorts.

As for the first impressions video, personally can't see anything wrong with your point of view and conclusions, although would rather like to see you there not abusing the trim, I found it to be trying to kill me more often than help, might be the source of your problems with both take-off and landing.

I have a radio control helicopter which is very cheap with around $20 USD . it can fly stable enough to allow me to turn or hover.

I found that the ability of this small thing can hover steadily because of the stabilizer bar works! once i had fold the bar by crashing the craft on windows ,tables or television many times. It flew really crazy. After i straightened the bar back to the original place. it become stable again !

Here are some reference video links i search from the youtube to show what is different between no bar and bar installed. Stabilizer bar really make me feel comfort to hover the radio chopper,most of the time i don't need to give any pitching input to control the controllers ! That is why and what i believe!

(1)

(2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUH7Ohd7xM

i just search about "stabilizer bar helicopter", i hope these helpful ;)

everythings is good , please don't make me feel regret that i have bought this sim.:thumbup:

Edited by robin_wkh

Hey there everyone,i have a big problem on hovering......

Post a track and we'll be able to assist/help.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you cannot even get the take-off right, how on earth are the rest of the FM bugs 'evident' at first glance?

You're right, but it IS a good and a complex flight model AND a beta at the same time, so let's let the folks wait for v1.0 AND get adjusted in the meantime, shan't we? :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

....so let's let the folks wait for v1.0 AND get adjusted in the meantime, shan't we? :D

Agree. One must just always keep in mind that if you take a broom (as is your right) to a wasp's nest then you gotta be prepared for the welts :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Finally, I never got the impression that there was a general misunderstanding between "review" and "first impression" over here. After you repeatedly made the point that people tended to mix that up: I think it's really completely entirely clear by now. :D

Giving a simulation product a negative review because it needs practice and study to use is a level of barmy quite beyond my understanding.

Okay, sorry, disregard my earlier statement. Sheesh.

I make that post because i am confusing whether DCS : Uh-1h is realistic/ready enough or not.Or just my skill suck. I am not come for assist or help. :noexpression:

I think the current flight model is brilliant, but I can only compare it to DCS: Black Shark.

The Huey FM has been tweaked after the initial release. As far as people with real life experience have commented, the tweaks have made the flight model come closer to the real thing and, for all I know, they are generally very enthusiastic about the accuracy of the flight model. That doesn't mean it's perfect, as has been pointed out in this thread. But I believe that if you learn to fly the Huey in its current Beta state, you most probably won't have to go back and learn everything from scratch once the final version gets released.

In other words, just go for it! :D

My experience is that I sucked at flying the Huey even after the initial FM was tweaked, I couldn't hover and got into VRS all the time, making landings an adventure. Then it sort of "clicked". Doesn't mean I'm a perfect pilot, but rather suddenly, the whole experience started to feel "natural". I think it's totally worth sticking to the Huey in the current state.