So ugly?

3instein

Is there any chance we could get a teensy weensy better looking model than this lump of a monstrosity please? :cry:

I see them littering the airfield along with a horrible looking biplane of some sort,please. :(

If there is a way for me to make them appear better somehow?I'm all ears.

Awesome sim though,keep up the great work Belsimtek, :thumbup:

Regards,

Mick. :)

Screen_130516_004939.thumb.jpg.2277bd87db23d3ce61e39aae37ab32ba.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Is there any chance we could get a teensy weensy better looking model than this lump of a monstrosity please? :cry:

Err, I don't quite understand what you're getting at. That's an old, AI-only model that's been in DCS for ages. I'm next to certain there are already way better Mi-8 or Mi-17 models in DCS. Is that screenshot from 1.2.4?

Anyways, if the Belsimtek Mi-8 looked like that, I believe they would get some rather unfavorable comments because they set a pretty high standard with the Huey. :D

And judging from the first WIP screenshots they posted, it looks like their Mi-8 model is going to look absolutely fantastic! :thumbup:

Okay, I don't know what you've been looking at, but the Mi-8MT in 1.2.4 already looks like this:

Screen_130516_043555.thumb.jpg.b76c615cd5045101f2705fa61cc2b0f2.jpg

Or are you referring to those static objects that sit around some airports? In that case, I'm completely at a loss understanding why you would post that question in the sub-forum of a third party developer.

I see them littering the airfield along with a horrible looking biplane of some sort,please. :(

If there is a way for me to make them appear better somehow?I'm all ears.

Awesome sim though,keep up the great work Belsimtek, :thumbup:

Regards,

Looks like Belsimtek released their new Mi-8 external model! :lol:

The Biplane is an An-2 I think.

'Frett'

Okay, I don't know what you've been looking at, but the Mi-8MT in 1.2.4 already looks like this:

[ATTACH]81773[/ATTACH]

Or are you referring to those static objects that sit around some airports? In that case, I'm completely at a loss understanding why you would post that question in the sub-forum of a third party developer.

Yep I know they are like this in the game,but if you look behind the one in your pic you will see the airfield static horrible thing I am talking about. :music_whistling:

The static objects have been getting some love now and again like the fuel trucks and fire engines,ETC,I just wish they would do the same for this and the old biplane or remove them altogether as they are a real turn off,please don't say "easily ignored" because they are everywhere and not easily ignored,for me anyway. :smilewink:

Oh and I'm sure Belsimtak will surely use a better model,well I hope so. :smilewink:

PS: I only mentioned it here as MI8's were in the news recently,and as I am hovering around airports more now with the Huey I see much more of them,I know it is nothing to do with Belsimtek,obviously. :doh:

Mick.

Edited by 3instein

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

PS: I only mentioned it here as MI8's were in the news recently,and as I am hovering around airports more now with the Huey I see much more of them,I know it is nothing to do with Belsimtek,obviously. :doh:

Okay, in that case I sort of misinterpreted your intentions.

Well, off to my next UN pilot mission now. :pilotfly:

Could one replace that old model with the new one though? I'd love to see that "thing" revamped as well, the new model is great. The An-2 also could use some love.

Yes it's possible. I started an upgrade to the AN-2 months back that I still have to finish. Using a model from X-Plane that the author has graciously given permission to use as a scenery object replacement. :)

Click for full-res.

aXRLdl.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "