The Good Old days of Search&Rescue Medevac...

thinkr

I'm so excited about this Simulator! I loved the good old days of Search&Rescue Medevac!

This looks like it will be even Cooler!

Anyone else remember those fun missions trying to rescue downed pilots and get shot at by squads of guys... Taking forever lowering the basket and trying to not get screwed by the cross wind? Head back an try to land on an aircraft carrier and crash! or Landing pad was between some trees and one little mistake an its all a waste! Oh MAN that was fun!

I still have the cd somewhere with dated graphics but still a really decent flight model comparable to Longbow 2 maybe even better flight model... sim none the less. Need the patch to fix the bugs that were present in the original. Obviously nothing close to this, still cant wait... Did any of the developers of DCS-Huey play SAR-medevac?

Anyway Looking forward to Pre-Order of DCS-Huey! Go Belsimtek!

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Anyone Else remember Search&Rescue Medevac?

21974921.jpg

Cover

Looks like they still have the free demo on tucows!:)

http://www.tucows.com/preview/291888

Will DCS-Huey eventually get a SAR rescue basket for the wench? That would be so cool!

Edited by thinkr

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Anyone Else remember Search&Rescue Medevac?

Sure, and not only Medevac. I also liked to land nearby an traffic accident and then to airlift the wounded to the hospital(without being shot at). The entire S&R series have a great flight model.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Damn yeah I remember those !!

I mainly played SaR 4 as the Medevac Huey was just terrible, can't stand the default sound ( like if there was a 4 bladed rotor ) of that helo.

Really great game series, I wish we would have a SaR 5 or even 6 now... with up to date graphics and physics... I had those hopes with Take On : Helicopters, but all vanished, it's just too simple. I was looking for an heli sim where all the real life parameters has to be taken carefully into account..., T4, TOT, Ng rise, torque, retreating blade stall, etc etc ... I found X-Plane, then DCS : UH-1 ;-)

Putting all my new hopes on that latest one, X-Plane is a bit empty compared to the hot world of DCS, full of action.

Hueyman

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Damn yeah I remember those !!

I mainly played SaR 4 as the Medevac Huey was just terrible, can't stand the default sound ( like if there was a 4 bladed rotor ) of that helo.

Really great game series, I wish we would have a SaR 5 or even 6 now... with up to date graphics and physics... I had those hopes with Take On : Helicopters, but all vanished, it's just too simple. I was looking for an heli sim where all the real life parameters has to be taken carefully into account..., T4, TOT, Ng rise, torque, retreating blade stall, etc etc ... I found X-Plane, then DCS : UH-1 ;-)

Putting all my new hopes on that latest one, X-Plane is a bit empty compared to the hot world of DCS, full of action.

Hueyman

:thumbup: Im with you all the way with that dream. One day it will be ours, One day. :D

I will admit to enjoying take on helicopters though, although I too had dreams on what it would offer, sadly they didnt come to pass. But im always hopeful.

My latest dream, is a full medivac campaign with this. If they can get it so when you eject, you no longer disappear but get on the survival radio, and call for medivac. We get the call and can fly in, see the pilot, land, and physically see him, run to aircraft and get in. :thumbup: Damn that would be some buzz there.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

If they can get it so when you eject, you no longer disappear but get on the survival radio, and call for medivac. We get the call and can fly in, see the pilot, land, and physically see him, run to aircraft and get in. :thumbup: Damn that would be some buzz there.

Cowboy10uk

Indeed that would be a huge game changer.:thumbup: They are working on new infantry (animations) and hopefully also on such a feature.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Never played this one, but yeah, us rotor heads really need tree collision. It's just such a killer when you are able to fly through trees :S

Manne this sim though old is well worth it! Just don't listen to the reviews out there. When the game came out it had a few main bugs but they were fixed with a patch after the game came out!

Yes the sounds just like any sim, if you find annoying u can turn down the sound. Most of the Time i find the A10&Ka-50 sounds are annoying enough to turn down... Either way you will enjoy the variety of missions its an excellent Sim!

I played this game for hours and hours! Correction will run on Windows 7 64bit. I have the cd somewhere I'll test it an let u know. TESTED and Comfirmed:) Just install to a C:\Directory ... Do not install game to Program files (x86)

Rescue Med+Evac! Still works great. You will see it works great.

Check it out theres a copy of this on amazon for $4.48! If they had it on steam that would be amazing! Anyway Other wise wait till later. This sim had very good mechanics and tons of good features, even time compression! So you could fly faster if you wanted!:joystick: Tons of fun an challenging. Good flight model Lets not say perfectly acturate but very fun and challenging. Oh an When u hit a tree the sim let you know! It was an excellent sim. Anyway happy trails.

Cant wait for DCS-Huey Either way! :pilotfly: Question will DCS-Huey include a rescue basket for rescue missions? Does anyone know?

Edited by thinkr

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Corrected: Search&Rescue Vietnam Medevac Runs on Windows 7 64bit I found my old cd and Tested it Still works. Get the v1.0 Patch fix File Planet here...

Edited by thinkr

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Ah..loved that game..

Wrote this article a few years back: Read It: Do It - Dustoff

Video from it..

BeachAV8R

That video is insane and awesome in the same breath hehe.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Heres the controls if your looking for them they were kinda hard to find...

CONTROLS

Esc Key quit mission

F1 Key cockpit camera

F2 Key outside camera

F3 Key hoist camera

F4 Key fly-by camera

F5 Key deploy basket

F6 Key deploy swing

F7 Key deploy litter

F8 Key deploy hook

F9 key hoist door

F10 key machine gun auto

F11 Key damage report

F12 Key deploy all

Print Scrn Key screen shot

0 Key fly-by camera

Tab Key console

Q Key 2D instruments on or off

W Key rope up

E Key fuel flow lever 1

R Key right brake

T Key fuel flow lever 2

A Key collective up

S Key rope down

F Key shoot flare

G Key gears up or down

H Key hover

Z Key collective down

X Key tail rotor left

C Key tail rotor right

V Key windshield wipers

B Key wheel brake

N Key next waypoint

M Key map

P Key pause

L Key pos. lights

Arrow Keys move cyclic

NumPad . spotlight

NumPad + camera move +

NumPad - camera move -

NumPad 2 glance down

NumPad 8 glance up

NumPad 4 glance left

NumPad 6 glance right

NumPad 5 reset glance

Shift + F5 Key medic

Shift + F6 Key stretcher team

Shift + F7 Key diver

Shift + F10 Key machine gun manual

Shift + F11 Key weather report

Shift + F12 Key deploy to hospital

Shift + E Key fuel flow lever 1 reverse

Shift + T Key fuel flow lever 2 reverse

Shift + [ Key T. compression decrease

Shift + ] Key T compression increase

Shift + N Key previous waypoint

Shift Key + NumPad 2 spotlight down

Shift Key + NumPad 8 spotlight up

Shift Key + NumPad 4 spotlight left

Shift Key + NumPad 6 spotlight right

Shift Key + NumPad + camera zoom in

Shift Key + NumPad - camera zoom out

Shift Key + NumPad * zoom reset

Ctrl + F5 Key medic to rope

Ctrl + F7 Key diver to rope

Alt + F5 Key medic return

Alt + F6 Key str. team return

Alt + F7 Key diver return

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Yupe they both work

Search and Rescue 4

Search and Rescue Veitnam Medevac

Both Tested an work on Windows 7 64bit!

I have Nvidia 560ti If you wondering which video card and I imagine they should all work given the graphics look like the games runs Direct X from the same engine.

OMG! after thoroughly reading the controls I always started the Heli with "E" Key I never knew it 2 engines! OMG! When I first played this whole game through I did it all on one engine first time around! I only now discovered the "T" key lol! It's so much easier! OMG & and thats why i was wondering everyone had the overtorque warning in the videos people post but i never heard it... Now i know why! :doh:

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Tips for people replaying the SAR series before DCS-Huey Comes out.

1. Instead of using the short cut key commands just use the TAB menu. Not all items from the menu are mapped as shortcut keys... etc (Deploy Cargo)

2. If you deploy a sling and then a medic and you lower him to the ground but he doesn't get off the cable... bring the cable back up, lower altitude and change landing spot. He will get off then.

3. To start chopper Turn on Both Engines E + T then hit E+T again to engage the Rotors

4. Watch your vertical velocity indicator and collective closely.

5. Playing with keyboard is ok if you don't have a joystick, but beware sometimes when u hit down on the collective it doesn't always budge.

6. Pray for Release date of Huey by June!

Flaming Cliffs 3

Falcon 4 BMS

Take on Helicopters

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH