Spawn units are sometimes invisible on client side

Martin2487

In multiplayer, the units that spawn for some players are sometimes invisible. So far we have seen it only with the airplanes. (both maps Caucasus and Persian Gulf). Although these units are invisible to players, they are able to shoot down. On the part of the client who did not see this unit it looks like it explodes in the air. Some players see these units and some do not. This is a critical error that greatly interferes with gameplay.

The attached track is a multiplayer mission where there is a zone in which enemy fighters attack blue aircraft. Fighters are respawn at the specified interval. The fighters were flying in the designated area and after the respawn they were not visible to me. The result was that I exploded in the air without cause. This situation has been repeated many times and it has happened to various players on the server.

Track file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7KHvoioY75ukVYdYiN6p_pS7mcL0CgR/view?usp=sharing

In multiplayer, the units that spawn for some players are sometimes invisible. So far we have seen it only with the airplanes. (both maps Caucasus and Persian Gulf). Although these units are invisible to players, they are able to shoot down. On the part of the client who did not see this unit it looks like it explodes in the air. Some players see these units and some do not. This is a critical error that greatly interferes with gameplay.

The attached track is a multiplayer mission where there is a zone in which enemy fighters attack blue aircraft. Fighters are respawn at the specified interval. The fighters were flying in the designated area and after the respawn they were not visible to me. The result was that I exploded in the air without cause. This situation has been repeated many times and it has happened to various players on the server.

Track file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7KHvoioY75ukVYdYiN6p_pS7mcL0CgR/view?usp=sharing

Interesting behavior, maybe it's the same issue that we're facing with our server and the carrier strike mission: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227214

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Curious, do you know if the aircraft were spawned via MIST? I have myself seen this when using MIST to respawn a group. Every other spawn of the a/c was invisible. If someone came on to the server on the "off" cycle, they could see it when I could not, and then vice versa on the next MIST respawn.

I ended up switching to MOOSE to handle the respawns and the problem went away.