VIRLIP base

MTFDarkEagle

Hi,

Is VIRPIL currently developing a new base, for cockpit builders, like the T-50?

Currently in the assortment is the WarBRD base; but that's not suitable for extensions according to the product page.

So is a base in development which is suitable for extensions?

Thanks,

Edited by MTFDarkEagle

What's a Virlip base?? ;)

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Currently in the assortment is the WarBRD base; but that's not suitable for extensions according to the product page.

Read this "is not suitable for extensions" as is not suitable if used in VirPil deskmount, or with long extensions, because the angular movement of gimbal ~20º+ will create conflict with deskmount, desk, knees, legs. :D

People are using WarBRD with 50/100mm extensions.

Anyway they don't promise neither negate a possibility of make new base "in future".

Read this "is not suitable for extensions" as is not suitable if used in VirPil deskmount, or with long extensions, because the angular movement of gimbal ~20º+ will create conflict with deskmount, desk, knees, legs. :D

People are using WarBRD with 50/100mm extensions.

Anyway they don't promise neither negate a possibility of make new base "in future".

Not only do they say that, but also would not be covered under any warranty.

Read into that what you may.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Whoa apparently I need to learn to read :P

So this model is in itself suitable for extensions, it's just that the deflection could make it troublesome, in the entire range of motion including the extension.

The WH has a similar +/-20 degrees range of motion, so I might get an extension for my WH first, to see if it would/could work in my situation.

The warrenty thing I think is a non-issue. It states that any damage to the grip, by using an extension (i.e. banging it into something and thus damaging it) isn't covered by the warrenty.

In fact, I find it strange that this is even stated on the product page, as I would think this would be quite reasonable/normal to not include something like this (i.e. person's responsibility to check the range of motion etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

I believe they will make more bases. I mean you have Baur working there now and he’s like the king of bases so I believe there will be a second wave of bases. Only seems logical. I also think virpil underestimated demand in the past. Hopefully that gets worked out too.

I think the warning might be better suited on the product page for the mounts.

But it all comes down to the same anyways.

I personally have a t50 and a warbrd for right and left.

The warbrd base that it's attached to is 60cm from the floor, the t50 46cm from.the floor.

The t50 has a 7cm extension and the that puts the top of both grips on line with each other and with the same range of motion give or take a cm at most.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.