when are the bugs being fixed?

EliteKatze

Hey mates,

I realy think that this is a decent games, but honestly, this is the buggiest game that I've ever played. My question is, are the Devs gonna fix all the bugs, ranging from graphical glitches to constant crashes while loading or just while playing in general. The funny thing is that a part of the playerbase still thinks that its the user's computer when it crashes, just because it doesnt crash on their machine. I had a look on the steam forum and there the game has 40% negative votes (the last time I've checked) and mostly because their game will ''stop working'' while loading any map. Or do the devs not care about that? I mean when people are spend 50 Euros on a single plane with not realy ground breaking graühics, I think the devs should provide a decent gaming experience. Also, charging 50€ on a single plane isnt being justified too just by the fact that its a simulator. Let's be honest, we all know that prgramming the A10c for example was probably coded within one day by 3 people or so. Just imagine what you could have spent the 50€ on instead, I could've bought the BF4 premium edition for example.

What do you guys think about this, do you have luck and dont get any crashes? I am realy unhappy, because it keeps crashing on all of my friends PCs and on mine it works mostly, but with FPS dips below 60 also....

I would realy suggest more people to maybe make a post about crashes if they get some instead of discussing about newly added planes that will also cost anyother 50€.

Yours sincerely,

EliteKatze

• Like 3

Let's be honest, we all know that prgramming the A10c for example was probably coded within one day by 3 people or so. Just imagine what you could have spent the 50€ on instead, I could've bought the BF4 premium edition for example.

:megalol: that's some knowledge right there mate!

Oh the things one can read here everyday :lol:

Edit : Oh don't get me wrong, there are some lingering and somewhat eye-soring issues but, with the lines above you are hurting legitimacy of anything that had truth among your sentences.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Let's be honest, we all know that prgramming the A10c for example was probably coded within one day by 3 people or so.
Hmm... I guess the F/A-18C should be done in about 5 days then? Looking forward to it. : )

Seriously though, DCS is a massively complex project with a budget and consumer base much smaller than anything EA makes. I'm not sure where you got your 40% negative from because the Steam score is currently 81% positive. I've never had any serious crashes with DCS, but I encourage you to report any bugs you find. I figure the 1.5 update later this month will include a good chunk of bug fixes. Hopefully your crashes will be resolved in one of the upcoming patches.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Strange, my Steam says "81% of 1801 reviews are positive".

Btw, op, if you are having so many problems - where are your bug report postings (or others) so that someone can have a look at it and (very likely) help you out with a work around or even fix for the issues you have? :huh:

edit:

lol, ok, +1 @ OP ... should have paid more attention to the OP's posting. The trolling ("3 days for the A10C") is quite strong in this one ...

/thread ?

Edited by Flagrum

• ED Team

hi and welcome to the forum.

I would like to thank you for sharing your insight.

Please post your crash logs and reports so we can improve things together.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
LOL Hello EliteKatze

Remember me?

I only can say; wait till next update ;)

Actually thats quite true, many fixes are coming down with 1.5.

All that said, if you are (or your friend) are having a lot of crashes, but you have searched the forums and dont see many people having similar issues, you may have to look inward, even then many people will help you here, but you need to be a little more descriptive about your issues.

As for the FPS, it would probably be best if you gave us your specs and go from there. Help us help you or else its all just white noise ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Actually thats quite true, many fixes are coming down with 1.5.

All that said, if you are (or your friend) are having a lot of crashes, but you have searched the forums and dont see many people having similar issues, you may have to look inward, even then many people will help you here, but you need to be a little more descriptive about your issues.

As for the FPS, it would probably be best if you gave us your specs and go from there. Help us help you or else its all just white noise ;)

My Pc is definitely at the upper line in terms of hardware, the specs are on my profile

What type of crashes are you getting?

Remember that DCS 1.5 is being released this month which is a new engine.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

With all respect, I think the error might be on your side.

DCSW has some bugs, but if it is the buggiest game you ever played, then you haven't played many games I guess. Does it crash? Yeah, occasionally. But not often.

And about what you posted about A-10C programming.... Well, I guess you are not a programmer, so maybe you really don't know.

EDIT: So please post your crashes. And your logs. So we can help you.

• ED Team

zip your crash log folder and attach it here we will take a look and try to help

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey mates,

I realy think that this is a decent games, but honestly, this is the buggiest game that I've ever played. My question is, are the Devs gonna fix all the bugs, ranging from graphical glitches to constant crashes while loading or just while playing in general. The funny thing is that a part of the playerbase still thinks that its the user's computer when it crashes, just because it doesnt crash on their machine. I had a look on the steam forum and there the game has 40% negative votes (the last time I've checked) and mostly because their game will ''stop working'' while loading any map. Or do the devs not care about that? I mean when people are spend 50 Euros on a single plane with not realy ground breaking graühics, I think the devs should provide a decent gaming experience. Also, charging 50€ on a single plane isnt being justified too just by the fact that its a simulator. Let's be honest, we all know that prgramming the A10c for example was probably coded within one day by 3 people or so. Just imagine what you could have spent the 50€ on instead, I could've bought the BF4 premium edition for example.

What do you guys think about this, do you have luck and dont get any crashes? I am realy unhappy, because it keeps crashing on all of my friends PCs and on mine it works mostly, but with FPS dips below 60 also....

I would realy suggest more people to maybe make a post about crashes if they get some instead of discussing about newly added planes that will also cost anyother 50€.

Yours sincerely,

EliteKatze

Welcome to the Forums, I'll break this down for you...

A. Work Right now is on DCS 1.5/2.0 w/ 1.5 Open Beta Coming later this month.

I realy think that this is a decent games, but honestly, this is the buggiest game that I've ever played. My question is, are the Devs gonna fix all the bugs, ranging from graphical glitches to constant crashes while loading or just while playing in general. The funny thing is that a part of the playerbase still thinks that its the user's computer when it crashes, just because it doesnt crash on their machine.

90% of the time, when a user gets excessive crashes, it IS their hardware, or Drivers for the hardware, and or Half Baked Aircraft Mods.

-Either bad / defective hardware, or a combination of hardware that requires some clean up to function correctly.

-Hardware that does not meet minimum Specs (Old Entry level GPUs, Intel HD GPUs, Low RAM, etc etc)

-Corrupt or Conflicting Driver Installs.

-Mods that are incorrectly coded/formatted.

-Missing MS VS Runtimes / DirectX Runtimes.

-AntiVirus Suite Blocking DCS From Installing/Updating Correctly/Cleanly.

-Unstable Overclocks, Incompatible System Components, or Components that exceed systems power supply ratings.

I had a look on the steam forum and there the game has 40% negative votes (the last time I've checked) and mostly because their game will ''stop working'' while loading any map. Or do the devs not care about that?

There is only one map, multiple maps in DCS 1.2.x, 1.1.x, 1.0x is not officially Supported.

Pretty sure there is a Sticky on Steam's forums for installing needed Microsoft Visual Studio Runtimes and Direct X Runtimes, without those the Application will crash 100% of the time.

I mean when people are spend 50 Euros on a single plane with not realy ground breaking graühics, I think the devs should provide a decent gaming experience.

The price reflects Licenses, and Level of Fidelity of Systems modelling, Professional Flight Models and Systems etc,

if steam users would stop expecting this to be Ace Combat / HAWX / Battlefield 3 Type Planes, and research the title before buying.

It's a SIM, Not a GAME, if you Buy it expecting Unlimited Missiles, 100s of enemies subliminal techno music and power ups, again, it's not Ace Combat, You will be disappointed.

As for graphics, each aircraft and cockpit is modeled accurately and in very high detail.

I've been on the Steam forums, and a Majority of the pricing gripes are immediately compared to other games w/ $3 DLC where objects from the developer are simply copy/pasted w/ some new settings (BF3, BF4, HAWX, etc etc etc), and a majority of those users do not know what goes into the development of each DCS: Module.

Also, charging 50€ on a single plane isnt being justified too just by the fact that its a simulator. Let's be honest, we all know that prgramming the A10c for example was probably coded within one day by 3 people or so. Just imagine what you could have spent the 50€ on instead, I could've bought the BF4 premium edition for example.

This statement just proves my above point about a majority of the users do know know what goes into development, and mis-informed users comparing to Simple games like BF3/4 and AceCombat.

Seems less like a bug / crash report and more like a Rant on Pricing if you ask me, no technical data or logs were submitted etc.

a Blanket forum post consisting of "It's Crashing Please Fix" type comments w/ no Logs or Crash Data doesn't help the developers with anything.

I would suggest you really look at the "Game Crash" Section of the Bugs and Problems forum, before assuming and suggesting to others that they need to post more about crashes.

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=187

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

SkateZilla, you man deserve a medal for this post!

So True and everybody who describes DCS as a "GAME" or compare it to titles like Battleshit, has to Deinstall DCS. Just my two cents...

• Like 1

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

It actually crashed yesterday, first time since months, i mostly can play without any problem. There is only one bug which really disturbs:

Sometimes the 3d models disappear, the sky and the landscape becomes blue and i can't read the text anymore. (instead of letters i see small squares)

Except this the problem with this "game" is that it's pretty heavy even if the graphics are not really advanced. The game freezes totally for 10 seconds every time i join a server and sometimes it might even stutter which is lethal during a formation flight. Also the framerate is very low when using flares or when the mirrors are on. (have a gtx 780ti, 2500k at 4.6ghz and 8gb of ram)This is probably fault of the drivers which are not really supporting dx9 anymore.

That's also why i can't wait for 1.5, just some more days :D

So i really recommend you and your friends, to deinstall this game, and reinstall it with antivirus off. Check all secondary programs/runtimes, maybe end some processes and it should be ok.

Edited by XeNoise