DCS: Armour

IMHO there's no reticle seeker in the world that won't go after flares if you release enough of them. Now whether stinger is too sensitive or not ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi GGtharos,

Could it be possible to use modern electronic so a missile guidance could "sort" multiple heat signal, and then decide which one looks like a flare and one looks like an aircraft - for example by using signal path over time ?

I don't know much - As you know a lot, I may learn something tonight :thumbup:

I don't know everything either. I have heard what you're talking about being implemented with some reticle seekers (AIM-9, R-73) but the flares evolved to deal with it (they hang around at near the speed of your aircraft long enough to seduce the seeker). Tactics for IRCM also evolved - a huge flare deployment will seduce that type of seeker almost no matter what you do, as far as I know.

Keep in mind that heat-seeker engagements are generally very short lived, usually less than 10 seconds from launch to hit, and more often half that time.

If you move to an FPA seeker like AIM-9X though, flares appear to become a non-issue. But yes, it still builds a target track :)

Hi GGtharos,

Could it be possible to use modern electronic so a missile guidance could "sort" multiple heat signal, and then decide which one looks like a flare and one looks like an aircraft - for example by using signal path over time ?

I don't know much - As you know a lot, I may learn something tonight :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 1 year later...
What will you do when he pops smoke and ruins your entire attack run? :D

we have to hope that ''smoke'' will not stay the same as we have now for tanks/IFV :music_whistling:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

@leafer

Are there any surprises coming down the pipe from ED? You’ve proven you can do jets, props, helicopters, and to some extent with Combined Arms, vehicles. Is there a plan to have DCS level non-airborne asset modules such as vehicles and ships?

One of the bigger growth areas you are likely to see in 2015 for DCS World for 2015 will be Combined Arms and the ground element of the simulation. This is an area we are just starting to tap into, but we certainly have some interesting things planned on this front.

Whole interview: http://www.mudspike.com/qa-with-matt-wagner-producer-eagle-dynamics/

• Like 1

• ED Team
That sounds promising. Perhaps after Edge 2.0 is out there will be more focus on CA.

I do not post here often, but I must check this site at least 3-4 times a week for any new news.

No worries, CA is getting love all the time ;)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

No worries, CA is getting love all the time ;)

I love it when you talk like that. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Very interesting. Loved those screen shots of the Hormuz theatre. Considering the level of detail evident... I'm going to need a new computer to play that :cry:

On the subject of Combined Arms, I think it would be nice to have an FC3-level sim that could encompass a wide variety of Russian and NATO ground vehicles, purely so that interested players wouldn't be forced to drive only one type of vehicle at high fidelity levels. I'd love to see DCS-standard modules for all sorts of tanks and a proper air-defence environment module would also be great but I think an FC-3 standard module would be a great start.

Very much looking forwards to what ED have in store for us this year... :joystick: :pilotfly:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.