A newbies opinion

Marko321

H all.

My name is marko.

I have been a dedicated armour Sim. guy for over ten years.

I have just downloaded CA and enjoying it so far.

There are a lot of good features.And the hole concept of the DCS world

Is some thing i have been looking for since the failed micropose Tank platoon 3. Gunship compatibility concept over 10 years ago.(Kudos DCS)

But there are a few things that from a armour Guys point of view.

Need attention first thing are the sounds.To be honest there very poor.

Engine and turret sounds are very important to armour enthusiast's.

Also things like dynamic lead. I realise that CA is a work in progress

For DCS and there will be updates and so on.But in my humble opinion if DCS

Wants to attract hard core armour Guys.some of the above comments need to Be addressed first.

I also run a virtual unit that focuses on former soviet union equipment.

T-72/BMPs and so on.when i get to grips with CA i mite start a VU In CA

More details to follow.

Hi Marko,

CA is not an armor simulation. It is a battlefield command simulation, with 1st person control put in there for those who like that. It is not a completitor to Steel Beasts etc.

If someone wants to make an armor add-on (like a particular tank or a number of tanks, for example) they are welcome to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi Marko,

CA is not an armor simulation. It is a battlefield command simulation, with 1st person control put in there for those who like that. It is not a completitor to Steel Beasts etc.

If someone wants to make an armor add-on (like a particular tank or a number of tanks, for example) they are welcome to.[/quote

If someone wants to make an armor add-on (like a particular tank or a number of tanks, for example) they are welcome to.

wish i had the skill to model vehicles.

Thats is why i like the modual and third party aspect of DCS world.

It would be amazing if they could incorporate a dedicated armour sim in DCS world.

To my knowledge no company has managed to create a true Virtual battle field where all the vehicles are based on real world physics DCS has an expertise in flight Sims Esim has a expertise in armour etc.

For any one company to try to master all areas would be unrealistic.unless the had a huge budget

And a lot of staff.i have always believed the way forward is joint ventures between company's like DCS

But i realise the technical issues would be massive obstacle to any such project.

But it can be done the Australian army managed to merge steel beasts and VBS but

Its not cheap and requires additional hardware. So who knows

Edited by Marko321

• 1 month later...

I know PaulKrii here actually works on A-10s and Ive heard he captured sound or the start up of the A-10C as you hear it in the game.

Perhaps you could do the same and if the sound gets added its a plus for all of us around.

My CAS (Close air support) JTAC Channel:  RIFLE - YouTube  

RIFLE's Discord:  https://discord.gg/cmDCrr4Z2g  

Publications

JTAC Bible (see/know chapter #5) https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

J-FIRE pocket guide (Don't do battle without it!)  BK2 (fas.org)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97796&highlight=diveplane+audio+mod

Well that should at least enhance the sound for ground as well, as for air units:thumbup:

You need ONLY the sound folder of the current betabuild to integrate in DCS.

Unfortunately, every update overwrite the mod, but you may use JGSME to handle that or simply copy it back from the BAK folder the update creates...:D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)