iControl DCS - iPad Virtual Cockpit

boarder2

Back to the topic ;-)

when I start A10VCServer I will only see a DOS windos for a second and then ... nothing happens :(

(Have the 64 bit version)

Any suggestion? Is there a logfile which gives some explanation?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the topic ;-)

when I start A10VCServer I will only see a DOS windos for a second and then ... nothing happens :(

(Have the 64 bit version)

Any suggestion? Is there a logfile which gives some explanation?

When you run the file you download it will create a folder called Setup x64 with the installer in that folder. This isn't very clear, hopefully I'll have a better solution in place for the next version.

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

When you run the file you download it will create a folder called Setup x64 with the installer in that folder. This isn't very clear, hopefully I'll have a better solution in place for the next version.
It might help if this is explained on the site. But those pages are pretty minimal in explaining how to use the software and what to do when something unexpected happens.

I'm really interested in this, but the past few hours trying to get it to work really cooled my enthousiasm. Hope you can help. I don't think 30$ is too much if it does what it's supposed to to.

Should I contact you at software@bit-shift.com or post an extensive problem report here?

(also tried to contact you through YouTube)

AMD Phenom II X4 805 Processor, 2.5 GHz rated at: 5.25 GHz; 4 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6870; Dolby 5.1 surround; Logitech 2.4 cordless joystick; TrackIR 5+Trackclip Pro

Windows 7, 64bit || DCS:A-10C Warthog, Strike Fighters 2: Europe | IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 | Free Falcon 5.5

Should I contact you at software@bit-shift.com

Yeah, email would be best!

Edited by boarder2

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Thanks for Icontrol free, it's a fantastic software.

I've been wondering for a while if there was a way to hide the two mfd screens that show up on the bottom part of the screen and somehow move them outside of the viewing area?

Cheers

Luca

Simultools

Thanks for Icontrol free, it's a fantastic software.

I've been wondering for a while if there was a way to hide the two mfd screens that show up on the bottom part of the screen and somehow move them outside of the viewing area?

Cheers

Luca

Have a look at the top entry here http://bit-shift.com/a10vcserver/index.html#faq for an explanation and link back to a forum post for more help!

lucky, install a virtual monitor. there are posts about it using dfmirage. You don't even need the tightvnc stuff to make it work. Install the driver, span to the virtual monitor, and then use the icontrol screen setup to drage the exported mfd's over to the "unseen" virtual monitor.

Easy as pie.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recruiting open for A-10C and/or KA-50 Squadrons

http://www.firstfighterwing.com/forums/content.php

• 5 weeks later...

You can download Displaylink for ipad (for your PC) and the the Displaylink App (for your ipad) this creates a wireless monitor which you should be able to run HELIOS on. I can get my ipad to act as a monitor but have not run or tested HELIOS on it yet.

• 4 months later...
Hi there.

What are the chances that VC will be config'd to work with DCS World?

At this point, I still haven't been able to get around to installing World and seeing what needs to be done to support it, but chances are good unless there's something significant that has changed which prevents it from working!

I'm planning on taking a look at World once I get this next update finished and/or get back from our trip to Airventure in Oshkosh! :) :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi boarder, nice job on the app. Just curious... does it support multiple ipads with different panel views?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Hi boarder, nice job on the app. Just curious... does it support multiple ipads with different panel views?

Yep, just start the app on as many iPads as you want to connect! I would suggest not using the combo MFCD display on more than one at the same time since it uses a ton of bandwidth and will put a pretty huge load on your WiFi network.

You can see it in action on a very old prototype build here

It's up! Go grab v4 with retina graphics! http://bit.ly/NAfgvr

Don't forget to update the server as well http://bit.ly/N9aF59

It may take a few hours or days to appear in your local App Store, so keep an eye out if it's not available right now!

• 2 months later...

I got this Error after the recent upgrade to 1.2.1

Is there any way to fix this or do I wait for the next version to come out?

A10C_VC_photo.JPG.70b77855a4fbbe07a3a5445e39fdba09.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

It appears 1.2.1 broke iControl DCS. I may not get a chance to look at this until 2-3 weeks from now. Busy tomorrow and have a bachelor party and wedding to attend the next two weekends.

I'll take a look ASAP and update everyone as soon as I can. I might get a chance to look at it during the week, but work has been chaotic lately as well.

Hang in there guys. I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I'm doing the best I can with the time I have available! :)

It appears 1.2.1 broke iControl DCS. I may not get a chance to look at this until 2-3 weeks from now. Busy tomorrow and have a bachelor party and wedding to attend the next two weekends.

I'll take a look ASAP and update everyone as soon as I can. I might get a chance to look at it during the week, but work has been chaotic lately as well.

Hang in there guys. I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I'm doing the best I can with the time I have available! :)

Thanks for the quick reply Boarder.

I found a fix, I think. Not sure exactly what worked but here is what I did. I uninstalled and then re-installed iControl and tested and no change. I then installed iControl for A10C instead of World, this did nothing but give me an error because it couldn't find the install path for that program. At this point I went back into the control panel and performed an uninstall on both programs, iControl for DCS World and DCS A10C. I installed iControl one more time and when I loaded DCS World, it worked! No rhyme or reason, I left all the install settings at the default options but after two days of tinkering with it, the iPad is back in service. The old saying about not missing something until it's gone is true, I didn't realize how often I used it until I couldn't. Thanks for a truly outstanding product Boarder!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

I looked into it (finally got 1.2.1 installed myself) and it seems to work fine for me.

Make sure that you follow the update procedure outlined here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94676

After you upgrade, make sure you run the sim, and start an A-10 mission. Far enough to get past activation and get in-sim.

Once you've done that, exit the sim, and force a script update via Tools -> Update DCS Scripts

If that doesn't work, feel free to open a support ticket at http://support.bit-shift.com

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Just got an ipad and had to get this app (Full). Got it working, but can only get it to display the radio's, Tacan, ILS etc. Is there a simple guide to getting it to show the MFD's and UFC. Do i need to set up a virtual monitor? (info;....I am running on a single monitor, with the sim)

I like what I've got....I just need to know how to expand to get the MFD's and UFC. Any help appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:pilotfly: