Script for 3dsmax2008+ to change the HUD/MDF's position and size (FC2)

OnePride

Question: are you able to draw whatever u like on the mfds and hud? Waypoints, targets etc? I'm really interested, if there is such a possibility I'd like to implement some stuff

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• ED Team
Question: are you able to draw whatever u like on the mfds and hud? Waypoints, targets etc? I'm really interested, if there is such a possibility I'd like to implement some stuff
No, I can't. This features located deep in the dll's (cockpitbase.dll as I think). The cmd-models do not contains any info about the mfds and hud - only placeholders. It's more difficult to parse binary dll-file than to parse binary data-file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very interesting thread, only if you guys knew the things we could do.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

No, I can't. This features located deep in the dll's (cockpitbase.dll as I think). The cmd-models do not contains any info about the mfds and hud - only placeholders. It's more difficult to parse binary dll-file than to parse binary data-file.

perhaps it would be possible to inject a replacement dll but likely starforce would not permit running the game then

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Sorry, I was using 3dmax2007, it was my fault, now it works:I hope that we can change position of kurs and dist plaskha, it will be perfect:Only a question:with this metod, if posible in the future to modificate lights and hear blur of the aircraft?lomac uses effect.dll for that and I don´t know if aircraft.cmd has that posibility

• ED Team
perhaps it would be possible to inject a replacement dll but likely starforce would not permit running the game then
May be, but i think that starforce don't check a dll's for integrity, that don't contains an associated with protection system function's. The experiments will require a lot of free time, which I don't have. So, if anyone tell - what's the function and what's the dll are really interesting for us - it will be really helpfull

I hope that we can change position of kurs and dist plaskha, it will be perfect
Which cockpit? May be i will add it, when i will have enough free time again:)

Only a question:with this metod, if posible in the future to modificate lights and hear blur of the aircraft?lomac uses effect.dll for that and I don´t know if aircraft.cmd has that posibility
I don't know) even more - i don't know how it works, i'm not a Copperfield :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Hud messed up due to model scaling, will be fixed though.

This issue is likely to occurred due to the fact that the maxscript works with the current system units of the current scene. In the CMD 1.0 unit = 1.0 meter. So if your system units are set to something like inches - the scale of the loaded objects may be incorrect

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This issue is likely to occurred due to the fact that the maxscript works with the current system units of the current scene. In the CMD 1.0 unit = 1.0 meter. So if your system units are set to something like inches - the scale of the loaded objects may be incorrect

Nah its just due to the model pit being rather big so i had to scale the hud components to about triple its size so the second part of the hud its out of bounds so to say.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

May be, but i think that starforce don't check a dll's for integrity, that don't contains an associated with protection system function's. The experiments will require a lot of free time, which I don't have. So, if anyone tell - what's the function and what's the dll are really interesting for us - it will be really helpfull

Which cockpit? May be i will add it, when i will have enough free time again:)

I don't know) even more - i don't know how it works, i'm not a Copperfield :D

I guess, just adding such a replacement dll (and therefor digging up all the exported functions) might actually be some breach of their IP, if that's so we shouldn't even try it.

If we ask them if it's ok we replace some dll, that might still not be so easy if the function parameters are of ED classes etc, having to reverse engineer that hmm..Then finding the right place where to actually do the drawing/painting .....:P........not so easy ^^

Anyway, Im off for a week. Going to russia to drink Vodka ^^

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, just a query. I have been successful in using this script to bring the HUD and MFD into my custom cockpit, however I don't fully understand how to go about getting the mirrors working. I see people mentioning the glass method, and it has something to do with the -glass.lom file, however I can't find any info on how to do this. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Here are a few shots of my pit so far, BAE Hawk mk 127, however some mirrors

would be really nice. I am about 80% complete, just finishing textures and maybe try add an EHSI and EADI on the spare mfd screens.

screenshot023n.jpg

screenshot022l.jpg

screenshot024o.jpg

Thanks.

Edited by Dimebag

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Find us at http://virtual-roulettes.forumotion.com/

• 5 months later...
Hi all, just a query. I have been successful in using this script to bring the HUD and MFD into my custom cockpit, however I don't fully understand how to go about getting the mirrors working. I see people mentioning the glass method, and it has something to do with the -glass.lom file, however I can't find any info on how to do this. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Here are a few shots of my pit so far, BAE Hawk mk 127, however some mirrors

would be really nice. I am about 80% complete, just finishing textures and maybe try add an EHSI and EADI on the spare mfd screens.

To get the Glass method working you would have to edit the originalPit.lom file using a hex editor to remove some geometry that does not have textures assigned to it.You would need to assign materials id's to the specific geometry so that i can be removed from the file together with the other texture assigned geo. Then rename your pit model file to -GLASS.lom so that it would be displayed over the blank pit you made and mirrors can be moved about.

It takes quite a bit of work to get done. but if you want mirrors its the only way to go.

Afraid i cant help you with that part sadly as i dont have the time or the will to learn how.

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
To get the Glass method working you would have to edit the originalPit.lom file using a hex editor to remove some geometry that does not have textures assigned to it.You would need to assign materials id's to the specific geometry so that i can be removed from the file together with the other texture assigned geo ...

I have a question - how can I get rid of this blue square which overlays HUD indication:

af999e097ba3t.jpg<a href=http://s018.radikal.ru/i521/1208/f1/af999e097ba3t.jpg' alt='af999e097ba3t.jpg'>af999e097ba3t.jpg

This is Kabina-A-10.cmd, ILS-PLASHKA & ILS-PLASHKA-2 shapes.

I was able to remove the materials parameter for other objects, but not for this...

Can anyone help me?

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif

Morkva i think the blue shape its from your lom file.......?? Test it only with kabina-a-10.cmd....without your glass.lom file.....hmmm??

Nope. This is Kabina-A-10.cmd loaded only for test purposes.

fe0e00ab6a34t.jpg

Update:

85d4dc500d5et.jpg

Problem fixed. Just need to HEX some bytes...:smartass:

P.S. It is a pity what the script does not support most of the indicators in this cockpit.:cry:

Edited by Morkva_55

su-24.gif