No HDR or Deferred Shading Options in Settings

Major_Tinz

I see a lot of posts about using Deferred Shading, but despite being on the latest version of DCS World, I cannot see that option.

I expect I may need to delete something to enable the system to correct itself, but I need some help there.

I want to try to emulate the same visuals that I am seeing in some great videos. I have a powerful enough rig, so now I need to master the settings :)

Thank you

I want to try to emulate the same visuals that I am seeing in some great videos. I have a powerful enough rig, so now I need to master the settings :)

Well, for starters, just use the one button click "High" and see how it does for you. If you want autumn/fall use the mission time accordingly. In the pretty videos they often use early morning time or late evening as the midday flattens the ligthing on the terrain. Then add some clouds, fly through the valley or other interesting place and there you have it.

If your world looks weird you may try to delete the fxo and metashader folder from ...\Saved Games\DCS...

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria