MrNewLife

I also have similer issues
MrNewLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:55 AM   #62
Sandman1330

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorianR666 View Post
i also cannot set HT
The HT setting is not where it was in Wags’ video. When you select TGT UFC, in addition to Posn you also get TERM, when you select that HT is an option in there
R5 1600X @ 4Ghz / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 (@2933... for now) / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Saitek X56 / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift CV1 (trying out the S, still undecided whether to keep it)
Sandman1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:57 AM   #63
will-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1330 View Post
The HT setting is not where it was in Wags’ video. When you select TGT UFC, in addition to Posn you also get TERM, when you select that HT is an option in there
make sure your in TOO mode.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 AM   #64
silentbob11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltic_dragon View Post
Watch this video:

Baltic Dragon thtat's a great video
I took your guidelines and D/L the "free muziele" single mission from DCS user files downloads.
1. opened the mission planner and moved WP2 over the closest bunker.
2. the elevation there was 1142 ft. I tried to chnge it to "1" as recommended, but it kept jumping to back to 1142 so I guessed it was the right ground elevation of the TGT.
3. in the A/C set the WP data mode to "precise"
4. set EFUZE to inst.
5. followed the WPs, release within range
6. JSOW C fell about 30 meters short.
7. tried again - missed again.
8. and again

so - maybe its the mission that's bugged...
or -maybe I am doing something wrong...

I'd sure be happy if you could check it out or - maybe upload your mission so I could have a go and see if I"m doing it the wrong way...

thanx in advance

SB11
Old 06-16-2019, 06:24 AM   #65
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
That is not an accurate statement. It will only requirement an alignment if the weapon type is changed, not switching stations.

Thanks
I stand corrected. BTW, if I select JSOW ERASE what does this do?

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:18 AM   #66
_mu110_

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillKelsoe View Post
I stand corrected. BTW, if I select JSOW ERASE what does this do?
It seems to be bugged right now, as per this post and a quick test. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243360
My guess it that it erases the coordinates and other info you've entered, but I couldn't find any info online about it.
_mu110_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #67
Oceandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspace340 View Post
Try this in the meantime - https://github.com/Santi871/DCSWaypointEditor/releases. You can capture way points from the F10 map and then it can enter them into the Hornet for you (while you start up or even while you take off and head to the target). Great for the JSOWs. He's going to update it to take account of the new PP functionality, but it works great at the minute with TOO.
Yeah but I mostly fly in MP where I need to search target on my own. There's server that don't even make waypoint. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
Old 06-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #68
backspace340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
Yeah but I mostly fly in MP where I need to search target on my own. There's server that don't even make waypoint. Thanks anyway.

Cheers
Runways and ammo / fuel storage don't move, I've spent all weekend knocking out enemy airfields in MP using that tool.
backspace340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #69
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mu110_ View Post
It seems to be bugged right now, as per this post and a quick test. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243360
My guess it that it erases the coordinates and other info you've entered, but I couldn't find any info online about it.
we'll have to see some info on this one. I think it is as you say. One aspect that really bothers me is the inability to save MPCD/DDIs menu orders in different master modes. Like in A-10C you can set the buttons order on the bottom ones (1-5) to FPAS/HUD/HSI/etc....

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:38 PM   #70
Elysian Angel

Mine tend to fall short. I did exactly what Wags' video described, which is the same than what some other posts here explain, and so far I've had a success ratio of 25% of JSOWs launched at SAM sites: 3 intended targets killed (2 of which I was specifically aiming for - the other was part of said SAM battery but I didn't type in its coordinates) out of 12 JSOWs dropped...

*edit*
I changed the default coordinates to be displayed on the F10 map to precise (in the options menu), and used the coordinates displayed in the detail window (on the lower left of the F10 map window) when I click a ground target in-game, instead of hovering over it. That seems to work: 4 JSOW-As launched, 4 targets destroyed (and the correct ones at that).

System specs:
Spoiler:

i7 6700k @4.5Ghz
32 GB Corsair DDR4 2400MHz
ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti OC
ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger
1TB Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD

Pro Flight Trainer Puma
TM Warthog HOTAS w/ 10cm extension by Sahaj
Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals
Oculus Rift CV1

Last edited by Elysian Angel; 06-16-2019 at 04:59 PM. Reason: more testing done