Update

Fonz_408

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Billboards and neon signs...and morse code from a number station. :D

Yeah if you could actually get a good 15KW CW station pumping updates over here that would great.

33e1ll.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well since you asked for feedback :)

One thing that might be more useful than posting in these types of threads is to post it in the top Official news thread, maybe have thread for updates like this. Keeps it a) top level, and visible to all, not just people that crawl through various threads. I basically check the official updates usually first thing when I check in here.

Just have an "Updates on Updates" thread there and let people know a) when to expect the next OB or stable patch, and if there are delays for whatever reason. I realize its more work for you guys, but it might keep the torch and pitchfork brigade a bit calmer.

+1

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please ED, consider the use of an open Trello, in this ways everyone will be informed on where we are and bitches will shut up.

A what now?

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I don't like the idea of a community wanting so much communication that the developers don't have time to do development. Even if Wags or Nineline are not coders it would require them to constantly harass there coders to get updates so they can pass it on to the community. If I was a coder for ED I would probably want to find a job with another company that just lets me do my job.

Point is, just let them do there job. The updates and additions will come when they come. Getting upset because it didn't get out when they hoped it would doesn't help us. This type of thing can happen with all companies, so also don't blame ED staff for giving approximate dates.

So thank you to the ED team for doing what you can. I know you guys are working hard to create something special and that is what really counts.

I don't like the idea of a community wanting so much communication that the developers don't have time to do development. Even if Wags or Nineline are not coders it would require them to constantly harass there coders to get updates so they can pass it on to the community. If I was a coder for ED I would probably want to find a job with another company that just lets me do my job.

Point is, just let them do there job. The updates and additions will come when they come. Getting upset because it didn't get out when they hoped it would doesn't help us. This type of thing can happen with all companies, so also don't blame ED staff for giving approximate dates.

So thank you to the ED team for doing what you can. I know you guys are working hard to create something special and that is what really counts.

This exactly. Have a surprise in your life now and then. It's great!

So if I'm understanding correctly, this OB patch that we are making all this noise about is NOT the one that will give us the VR optimization? Something I read last week gave me the impression that the "next patch" would be the VR framerate boost.

If that is the case, I can stop refreshing the forums every five minutes from excitement LOL.

Wags and Nineline, you have been doing an excellent job communicating in my opinion. You've posted at least a half dozen times the last two days on this topic. Keep up the good work and please don't let the vocal minority prevent you sharing guesses at dates etc. with the rest of us. There are people who are always going to complain no matter what.

Edited by TripRodriguez
grammar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Wags and Nineline, you have been doing an excellent job communicating in my opinion. You've posted at least a half dozen times the last two days on this topic. Keep up the good work and please don't let the vocal minority prevent you sharing guesses at dates etc. with the rest of us. There are people who are always going to complain no matter what.

I couldn't agree more!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So if I'm understanding correctly, this OB patch that we are making all this noise about is NOT the one that will give us the VR optimization? Something I read last week gave me the impression that the "next patch" would be the VR framerate boost.

I too thought so. I am unsure what the next update contains beside the Hornet jsow and msi features.

I seek to know please.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I too thought so. I am unsure what the next update contains beside the Hornet jsow and msi features.

I seek to know please.

Wags said it's a separate thing, post #120 and #119 in this thread. I guess we'll just be waiting for news on any progress on that. They certainly know how excited we are for that patch so I think it's safe to assume they are hard at work on it.

Edited by TripRodriguez

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

Wags said it's a separate thing, post #120 and #119 in this thread. I guess we'll just be waiting for news on any progress on that. They certainly know how excited we are for that patch so I think it's safe to assume they are hard at work on it.

Crystal now.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Who knows when can we expect such an option?

i7 5960x 3.0@4.2GHz/ DDR4 16Gb 3000MHz @ / ASUS Rampage v крайняя x99 / SSD 240GB ASUS RAIDR Экспресс PCIe / 2xSSD 512GB raid.0 / 2xHDD 1Tb raid.0 / GeForce GTX Titan X / ASUS Rog Swift PG348Q 3440x1440/ HOTAS Warthog ™ / TrackIR 5

I'm pretty sure if they have an intended target for a release, somebody is already "harassing" them regardless of the amount of noise the community is making. Someone is a manager already demanding status updates. Not saying that I agree with either POV outright, but it seems the statement of non-communication is perhaps about a lack of preemptive information initial news, as opposed to expecting regularly updated throughout the day. That would be totally unreasonable. Someone makes a post when its on time though.

I'm pretty sure if they have an intended target for a release, somebody is already "harassing" them regardless of the amount of noise the community is making. Someone is a manager already demanding status updates. Not saying that I agree with either POV outright, but it seems the statement of non-communication is perhaps about a lack of preemptive information initial news, as opposed to expecting regularly updated throughout the day. That would be totally unreasonable. Someone makes a post when its on time though.

Sure. But they've also set some general expectations with their release schedule. So I don't see the problem with instead of say a posted changelog you have 9line or wags or whoever just say:

Yup, encountered problems, trying to fix. Expected next date to try is Friday, or next week or whenever depending on the severity. And if Friday rears its ugly head and its still broken, then say, yup still broken, new target Wednesday. IF it gets done early, then you update early and everyone is happy. Yes of course there will be that guy, all pissed off because they said Friday, and it wasn't Friday, but most reasonable people won't.

… On DCS map - only 3 characters after the comma

Oh it's worse than that, my friend. If you get your coordinates from the F10 map you'll notice that the coordinates move in .006' increments. It's basically still in DD.MMM.SS but it just converts to DD.MMM.MMM. Zoom in and move your cursor slowly. You'll see what I mean. Right now the only way to get true DD.MMM.MMM is from the mission editor or a targeting pod.

Who knows when can we expect such an option?

+1 Want these too...

Wags mentioned that different fuzes options were being worked on for JDAM in the last mini-update.

Hopefully he's referring to the changes in that vid. The M904E mech nose fuze isn't realistic for JDAM. Would love to see an option for FMU-152 JPF as well as the various older tail fuzes. The DSU-33 airburst fuze looks awesome.

I don't like the idea of a community wanting so much communication that the developers don't have time to do development.

My goodness....

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh it's worse than that, my friend. If you get your coordinates from the F10 map you'll notice that the coordinates move in .006' increments. It's basically still in DD.MMM.SS but it just converts to DD.MMM.MMM. Zoom in and move your cursor slowly. You'll see what I mean. Right now the only way to get true DD.MMM.MMM is from the mission editor or a targeting pod.

Or the GAW gci map...

Actually perfectly realistic coordinates from a tpod are nonsense IRL there are a shitton of errors, and unless you are quite close to the tgt they will be off by 10s or 100s of meters.

Regarding updates, would love just a single source that floats to the top. There's so much noise to sift through, I came across the updates here quite by accident. I think ED communicates a lot more than is obvious which is a shame, it could be managed more efficiently with a little use of the tools others use out there.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

you are not owed an update in yesterday or today or tomorrow. It will come soon. Get a life people. It is spring outside and life is beautiful.

It's summer already and quickly getting hot outside once the sun shows up in Germany... will be going to the seaside in the Netherlands at the weekend because of that dealwithit.png

+1

Go outside and look and some girls. They are with less clothes these days, which is a good thing. thumbup.gif

That's literally the PRECISE mode for you guys icon_redface.gif

This needs a change as much as the fact that you just still can't switch units. Nothing hurts more than coming from the Viggen and having to deal with kilometers in an US airplane that utilizes Imperial instead or the other way round.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

you are not owed an update in yesterday or today or tomorrow. It will come soon. Get a life people. It is spring outside and life is beautiful.

I fundamentally disagree with your point of view as devs, and publisher companies are veering further and further from being consumer centric (look at Epic as the current whipping horse example). While I agree we are owed nothing, we are paying customers who were given a date of expected release (I'll go ahead and pre-empt the "plans change" chant) that fell through. Those things happen but when you also get the "you're impatient, just wait one more week" Cleveland Steamer and then it is missed again, there will be frustration. Overall, the decision to delay another time was a good decision one in my opinion (I'd rather not break the entire game to force a square peg into a round hole just to get a JSOW), but to not expect vocalized disappointment would be kind of odd.

+1 Want these too...

Wags mentioned that different fuzes options were being worked on for JDAM in the last mini-update.

Hopefully he's referring to the changes in that vid. The M904E mech nose fuze isn't realistic for JDAM. Would love to see an option for FMU-152 JPF as well as the various older tail fuzes. The DSU-33 airburst fuze looks awesome.

the JDAM kit use 2 gps units on in the nose and one on the tail kit the nose kit has the efuze kit too. Both units are need for pinpoint accuracy

the JDAM kit use 2 gps units on in the nose and one on the tail kit the nose kit has the efuze kit too. Both units are need for pinpoint accuracy

There is no GPS unit in the nose of a standard JDAM, not sure where you are getting that info.

And if you are referring to the GPS puck, that is on the a** end of the tail.

Edited by Rainmaker