Throttle on separate analogue inputs: possible?

I'm experimenting with some Dual Shock 4 mappings. It's frustrating that that throttle-up and throttle-down can't seem to be mapped to separate analogue inputs. E.g. right trigger for analogue throttle-up and left trigger for analogue throttle-down. Doing so in the axis mapping screen always results in the throttle returning to 50% when the triggers are let go.

Ideally, each trigger could be used to incrementally increase or decrease the throttle position without it returning to its original position, and without having to keep either of the triggers depressed at all times in order to maintain a given speed.

Mapping throttle to other digital inputs makes it hard to dial in a throttle setting accurately:

Someone on Steam suggested I may be able to achieve this by editing the game's control config files. Can anyone point me in the right direction there? Failing that, is there any other way to make this happen?

>inb4 get a HOTAS

Edited by Roundlay

Are you getting your analogue (meaning in this case incremental and uses a potentiometer or hall effect input) and digital (meaning on/off which uses a key press or switch) mixed up?

The analogue inputs are throttle levers, and set up using the Axis section. Digital (buttons) are set up using key mapping. The "throttle up" and "throttle down" are used for that.

I suspect what you want is something in between, which would be dependent on the rate at which your keyboard buttons repeat. I don't know what is possible with that, but you certainly won't get the axis version to do anything for you.

You want the throttle to act similar to TDC cue axes, right?

Sometimes it happens that TDC axes on some modules get screwed ad act like normal axes. This means the throttle might be mod-able to act like you want. I am not a lua expert but in clickabledata.lua and device_init.lua there are the commands defined and you can try to figure out how to change the behavior of the throttle by looking at t=different planes TDC and normal axes settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Dual Shock 4 mappings. It's frustrating that that throttle-up and throttle-down can't seem to be mapped to separate analogue inputs. E.g. right trigger for throttle-up and left trigger for throttle-down. Doing so in the axis mapping screen always results in the throttle returning to 50% when the triggers are let go.

If this Dual Shock "triggers" is analog axis wheres the right button press half (50% of axis) and the left button other half, got Joy2Key and set the gamepad right trigger (axis) to press "+" and right trigger to press "-", in game controls set this "+" and "-" for increase/decrease throttle, but not in "Axes" section.

Anyway ask ED to add proper gamepad support in controls - like in World of War Planes. :joystick:

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately mapping the controls the way you suggested still results in the same digital increase/decrease you get by mapping the triggers using the in-game controls screen. Seems like the solution here is as you say, asking ED for full controller support. :)

And don't forget to ask for include the STEAM controller - seems work trough X-input and not DX input. :)

I contacted ED. They said it was the right thing to post the request in the forums and that the developers will see it. :)