Auto pilot

AnnaNass

The autopilot isn't perfect. You'll see deviations from the input paramenters. I think the effect is a little overdone, but not terribly so.

You can help yourself out a bit by being very close to your desired autopilot holds and stable before engaging it. You will have to monitor the autopilot control input very closely while letting it fly. Especially during an approach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Hey guys, just an FYI, updated AP logic but for HUD symbology and for behavior is in the works, most of the improvements are ready for the next update.

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Speaking of updates it's been 3 weeks now any chance we'll see it THIS week?

Our updates are ready to go, but unfortunately we don't call the shots on when ED makes a new update for DCS that pushes our changes to you guys.

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

The autopilot isn't perfect. You'll see deviations from the input paramenters. I think the effect is a little overdone, but not terribly so.

You can help yourself out a bit by being very close to your desired autopilot holds and stable before engaging it. You will have to monitor the autopilot control input very closely while letting it fly. Especially during an approach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No, at the begin the plane stays stable and the more time the more swings the plane around the altitude (especially in higher altitudes) or the localizer

The autopilot is VERY unstable at high altitude. It's just impossible to keep it in ALT HLD, it has a bad case of APIO (auto-pilot induced oscillations) :D

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

The autopilot is VERY unstable at high altitude. It's just impossible to keep it in ALT HLD, it has a bad case of APIO (auto-pilot induced oscillations) :D

It slings in approach as well from left to right around the localitzer.

The AP needs a big fix.