VR hud possition adjustment

delevero

Hello

I have a pimax 5k+ and it is among the best vr headset. I can read the MFD's in the cockpit and buttons ect... ( its most difficult on persian map when flyving over land. Nervada is better but not what i will call easy to read it. ).

however when i look out though the hud without zooming then i cant read the speed or heading since its a bit blurry. ( maybe it help when the contrast/brightness get implemented in the f16 ).

This make it hard to fly online with other players when i cant match my speed or heading correctly when i cant read it.

I was wondering/suggesting if you could make the hud more easy to read somehow.. Maybe make it larger, or move it closer to the pilot.

( maybe a setting to do this in a config file, or ingame.

The only way i can read the speed and heading / height is to zoom in.

In general we are not talking about a huge change, but it just need to be clear to read. Example in the f18 i have no problems reading the hud so i hope that somehow could be used for reference of size, distance.

( the hud in the f18 is example 25% larger that is how it feel ).

I also tried playing with the size of our cockpit ( its a special feature under the vr settings where we can force xx size.. even when cockpit is very big at example 30 i still cant read it clearly. ( but i can in the f18 that is at the std size ).

It just feel and look like the hud is to far away in the f16.

ps.. I did tune pixel density to 1.3

cockpit to 2550x1440 res

1080 res cockpit

and so on. So the resolution in the vr headset is pushed to the limit of what my 2700x ryzen cpu 32gb ddr4 ram and 2080rtx can handle.

( For inspiration an mod that could change the hud. )

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301897/

Edited by delevero

Weird. I have the Rift S and I have zero problems reading the HUD. :/

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I found out what the problem was.

1). i changed the brightness of the game to 1,5 in settings pr default its 2.0 that is very bright for the pimax.

2). I notised that when i push my headset arround from side to side i could see more clear with one eye than the other = i turned down the IPD ( eye distance ) to minimum and then it became more clear what was on the screen and that is kind of funny since the IPD is now 63 but when i mesure my eye distance its 67mm hmmm

3). I also notised that the harder i strapped the headset to my face the better i could read the HUD.

All in all the above helped ALLOT now i can read the text clear.. However its still more easy to read the HUD in the F18 so i hope the HUD in the f16 is moved a tiny bit closer to the pilot or made a tiny bit larger or something like that. I think that will make a good difference.

Yes im aware of the move camera functions and center.. but thanks for info ;-)

Edited by delevero

2). I notised that when i push my headset arround from side to side i could see more clear with one eye than the other = i turned down the IPD ( eye distance ) to minimum and then it became more clear what was on the screen and that is kind of funny since the IPD is now 63 but when i mesure my eye distance its 67mm hmmm

The in-game IPD is not the same as your physical IPD, it's a setting to adjust the world scale (so items feel bigger/smaller depending on your setting) so things feel the right size for you. They really should have given it a different name, it's too confusing calling it IPD.