Switch on Warthog Throttle

CBStu

The switch labeled '1' and 'Mouse axis' what do you guys use this for? That little nub in the center I can get to work as momentary switch but it is so tiny I can't make it do any left,right or up,down at all? If I turn the throttle around to look at it carefully I can use my fingernail to move it, but no way will it work in normal orientation. I am looking for a switch to slew the Maverick F aiming reticle and have run out of them. Maybe I could buy the proper style switch and replace this one?

I use that control for slewing radar, TDC, etc. in all modules with no issues at all.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yup, that mod is much needed to be able to slew anything actually.

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

I was thinking the same. This is the first 'slew' I have tried but I read that there are definitely more applications for that technique. Shame that mod won't be available until next year. I wonder if it would be possible to buy an extra of the button on the right side of the throttle and install it here? Somewhere a month ago i read about a place that sells stuff like this. I sure wish I had saved the info.

Unfortunate that there is that long of delay on the deltasim mod :(. I am sooooo thankful that I got mine yesterday. MASSIVE difference from the original.

I will say, with the original I found I had to use a massive curve to flatten out the movement close to the centre. It doesn't physically move very much, but will cause things to move L/R/U/D if you set it up properly. But get your name on the deltasim mod list before the delay gets any longer :cry:

Tried an experiment using the num keys 8,4,6,2 to slew and got it to work kind of. Not a long term fix but an experiment. Unfortunately I found the limits of my 6 yr old PC. Having the seeker picture on the left DDI causes the whole screen to do fine but constant stutters. As soon as I go back to the stores page on the DDI, all is well. I know I need a new one anyway but this really brings a PC up the list of things I want to buy. Thanks for your help guys.

Tried an experiment using the num keys 8,4,6,2 to slew and got it to work kind of. Not a long term fix but an experiment. Unfortunately I found the limits of my 6 yr old PC. Having the seeker picture on the left DDI causes the whole screen to do fine but constant stutters. As soon as I go back to the stores page on the DDI, all is well. I know I need a new one anyway but this really brings a PC up the list of things I want to buy. Thanks for your help guys.

As SacredRaziel said, look in the AXIS section of controller assignments (same as if you were assigning pitch/roll etc). That should work better than assigning it to the specific keys because you can get a more nuanced movement (especially if you add a curve) where a small movement will be slower and pushing it to the limit will give a faster movement.

I got the button properly assigned now. I can see slew move while in the controls screen w/ just a light slide of my finger over the button. And I can see the push function too. But to slew the MavF, Chuck says you need to push and hold the button while you are slewing. This doesn't work at all. Oh well. I am on the list for the mod, and started looking at PCs yesterday too.

I got the button properly assigned now. I can see slew move while in the controls screen w/ just a light slide of my finger over the button. And I can see the push function too. But to slew the MavF, Chuck says you need to push and hold the button while you are slewing. This doesn't work at all. Oh well. I am on the list for the mod, and started looking at PCs yesterday too.

Glad you got the 1st part working!

As to the holding down for slew, that's a separate issue. There is a bug/lack of functionality (could be argued either way) on the THRUSTMASTER side that means you can't hold down the slew button AND slew with it at the same time. This was discovered when the need to hold it to slew was 1st introduced in DCS. Unfortunately there is nothing DCS can do to make holding that button down and slew work (since it's a Thrustmaster issue), so the work around is to either assign the TDC depress to a different button or key (not the slew button) OR you can go into the settings and uncheck Realistic TDC Slew (can't remember exactly what it's called) under the F18 options. That will let you slew without holding anything down.

Rob 10, thanks for to further options. I will try both tomorrow. BTW I bailed out on that upgrade. By the fact that the price is listed in pounds I assume they are in Britain. But even if they are not, I am not thrilled w/ giving them my card info so it hangs around there for 3 months before I get my parts. So I will keep checking and may buy when they have stock or maybe I won't need it by then.

Rob 10, thanks for to further options. I will try both tomorrow. BTW I bailed out on that upgrade. By the fact that the price is listed in pounds I assume they are in Britain. But even if they are not, I am not thrilled w/ giving them my card info so it hangs around there for 3 months before I get my parts. So I will keep checking and may buy when they have stock or maybe I won't need it by then.

They never have it in stock, as he builds to order, you will pretty much always have a lead time of 8-10 weeks, so won't really matter when you order it unfortunately.

I've heard nothing but good things about this bit of kit.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit