Looking to develop a TARGET profile for F-16 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 02:41 AM   #21
AKA_Clutter

OK, I was just using DMS as an example. I think there was one in the A-10C but it has been YEARs since I have flown that. With this, I would not need to use the Script Editor. I think I will give it a spin anyway as I think it may be easier.

Next question. Can you use an editor like, Notepad++ to edit the SE files, do you have to go through TARGET SE?

Oh and another question. What is "Implement CW and CCW keyboard commands for the encoders!!!"

TIA

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.8 GHz, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift CV1, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.
AKA_Clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #22
SGT Coyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Clutter View Post
OK, I was just using DMS as an example. I think there was one in the A-10C but it has been YEARs since I have flown that. With this, I would not need to use the Script Editor.

If you just use the WH as a straight DX controller, yes. As long as you don't adversely change your settings in DCS.

Quote:
Next question. Can you use an editor like, Notepad++ to edit the SE files, do you have to go through TARGET SE?
Yes. You can edit these files with any text editor, but you need TARGET SE to compile and run the scripts.
I often have the Macro file open in NP++ and the Script file open in TSE.

Quote:
Oh and another question. What is "Implement CW and CCW keyboard commands for the encoders!!!"
My war cry.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #23
AKA_Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Coyle View Post
If you just use the WH as a straight DX controller, yes. As long as you don't adversely change your settings in DCS.

My war cry.
Humm, not sure exactly what this means or the impact. However, I will play around with this and see what I can do. Typically I have used TARGET to setup profiles based on Macro files. I don't change the axis, but will swap the keyboard commands around some.

Thanks for all the input. Be prepared for more questions. :-)

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.8 GHz, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift CV1, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.
AKA_Clutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:31 PM   #24
SGT Coyle

"Straight DX Controller"?
No mapping software between the controller and the DCS. Just a straight plug-n-play.