Hornet vs viper TGP

hanab

The Hornet probably doesn't need the first two as the TGP/waypoint system works differently. In the F-16 right now you can only slew the TGP when it's pointing at a steerpoint in CCRP, when you slew it, it actually moves the steerpoint. Snowplow would add in the equivalent of what we have right now in the Hornet - where the TGP starts off boresighted and can be slewed from there, and cursor zero is used to put the steerpoints back to their default positions, which isn't necessary in the Hornet because moving the TGP doesn't move the waypoint.

Hornet has got tgp for 2 months and still i can not see where the pod is looking on hud. i can see it with f16. Is it realistic? Or will hornet get this feature also ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hornet has got tgp for 2 months and still i can not see where the pod is looking on hud. i can see it with f16. Is it realistic? Or will hornet get this feature also ?

You’re only seeing where the TGP is looking in the Viper because right now, it can only slave to a steerpoint. Can’t slew it (yet)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

You’re only seeing where the TGP is looking in the Viper because right now, it can only slave to a steerpoint. Can’t slew it (yet)

You can slew it (it moves the steerpoint with it), you can also boresight it with TMS Aft (and that also boresights the steerpoint) and then put the HUD marker on your target and slew from there.

I understand that the tgp hornet is already less advanced than that of the viper ? Because we can’t slave on waypoint on F18c

They're at different stages - right now the Viper's TGP is useless if the mission maker hasn't added a waypoint/steerpoint to the aircraft. Even when you can slave to a steerpoint, you can't add a waypoint to the Viper so you're stuck with only the ones that were made in the Mission Editor. At this stage I'd probably rather be in the Hornet in terms of TGP - at least you can make a waypoint wherever you want and then use the marker on the SA page to get it on target.

They're at different stages - right now the Viper's TGP is useless if the mission maker hasn't added a waypoint/steerpoint to the aircraft. Even when you can slave to a steerpoint, you can't add a waypoint to the Viper so you're stuck with only the ones that were made in the Mission Editor. At this stage I'd probably rather be in the Hornet in terms of TGP - at least you can make a waypoint wherever you want and then use the marker on the SA page to get it on target.

it’s clear for me, thank you.

I am surprised because ed said that the advances of one would benefit others. we must surely still wait.....

it’s clear for me, thank you.

I am surprised because ed said that the advances of one would benefit others. we must surely still wait.....

And the advances probably will benefit others, but I wouldn't expect it to mean that both modules will always have exactly the same capabilities - they don't get automatically applied so the human factor is always there, someone has to actually code the improvements from one to the other. I imagine within a few weeks we'll have both modules being able to slew without waypoints and slave to waypoints, even though each can only do one of those right now.

My question was, IRL, can hornet pilots see where therir tgp is looking on their hud? Becasue in hat state, it looks very nonsense

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

My question was, IRL, can hornet pilots see where therir tgp is looking on their hud? Becasue in hat state, it looks very nonsense

Yes, and HUD indication is work in progress already

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4021281&postcount=10

There might be a bit of useful information here (as others have seemed to find it that way).. And by designating a target (even if it is a general area), it will put a reference point on the heading tape as well as on the HUD, until the full system functionality is implemented by ED.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yes i am doing the same. But it is odd

Youtube

When we will get atflir?

When it's done

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

When it's done

Preach brother!

Never understood why this is such a hard concept to grasp. Asking the same question over and over does not make development happen faster. And stating the fact that the development of the F16 or F18 will be mutually beneficial does not automatically mean both modules get's the same features at the same time.

Damn, it's gotta be hard to only have 1 module in DCS. Especially if the feature you're literally crying over every single day doesn't actually serve any meaningful purpose in a PVP MP sense anyway. But hey, I guess paying full price for an EARLY ACCESS module means one is entitled to demands, frustration and constant complaining...........

Personally, I don't understand the hype.

i5-6480 | 1070Ti 8GB | 16GB DDR3 | TM T16000 FCS |

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | FW 190 D9 | BF 109 K4 | Mig15 | AV8B NA | Mirage 2000 | L39 | Yak52 | UH1 Huey | Mi8 | C101 | FC3 | F16 | P47 | Mi24

"I just don't like entitled little kids" :music_whistling: