Mission 14 - P51 misses the powerplant when bombing.

jeh

Hi,

I've been enjoying the campaign so far. (F86) Especially the timed radar one, I actually enjoyed having to write out the waypoint bearings and time windows before I could finish it successfully.

Anyway, I'm on mission 14 now (I believe) and have a slight issue. As the post title suggests, the P-51 (Relic -3?) is less than accurate with his bombing.

He dropped his bombs about 50m short of the powerstation and then flew home. I assume the destruction of the powerplant is meant to trigger the next phase, so I'm stuck.

Maybe I should take some bombs of my own? Suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Jeh

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe he's missing. what an idiot pilot. lol. Thanks for the report!

Yes he then flew home and landed, got out of the P51 and looked very pleased with himself. :doh:

Anyway just to update you: The next time I tried the mission I took bombs of my own just in case. This time however, even though the bombs he dropped were still visibly nowhere near the target, the building did explode and the next part triggered, so I was able to complete the mission. I'm not sure if the bombs landed any closer than last time or not, but I suppose other than visually it doesn't matter.

I have subsequently finished the campaign and liked it very much, thankyou.

Jeh

Fantastic news. Looks like the trigger for the destruction of the factory only requires the bomb to be passed into a "bomb in zone" trigger area. The area isn't that big, less than a 1/4 mile diameter. If the bomb sails long, and still penetrates that area, it sets off the trigger. I'll have to create a better "fail safe" in a future update.

I'm assuming you never dropped the bombs though, correct? If you had, and destroyed the factory yourself, that would also trigger the sequence.

Thanks again for the report, and happy to hear that you enjoyed the campaign!

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Fantastic news. Looks like the trigger for the destruction of the factory only requires the bomb to be passed into a "bomb in zone" trigger area. The area isn't that big, less than a 1/4 mile diameter. If the bomb sails long, and still penetrates that area, it sets off the trigger. I'll have to create a better "fail safe" in a future update.

I'm assuming you never dropped the bombs though, correct? If you had, and destroyed the factory yourself, that would also trigger the sequence.

Thanks again for the report, and happy to hear that you enjoyed the campaign!

- Apache600

No I didn't need to drop my own this time. :)