LRM 2.0 Released!

RvEYoda

I know what you are saying and I agree that it would be nice. Totally.

I also know how the software business world works and basically, save for the kindness of the programmers, if you really want to know, or make something happen, $40 is not enough.

dont overdrive GG .....just few foundations .... giving a glimps and also ...no, even....underlining the quality of a product

(of course noone requests the source code and all secrets ...but selling eggs as gold becomes old man)

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.02 the AMRAAM which is way overmodeled. :D People are happy to point out the 120's flaws but never mention the outrageous moves it manages to pull off.

A patch is the only way to solve these long standing issues IMO.

The only thing the AMRAAM is overmodeled is something that also shares with every russian missiles:

180 degrees instantaneous sensor search.

The outrageous manuvers it makes are also made by all other missiles. Except it is the slowest BVR missile and has the poorest PK.

So complaining about the AMRAAM like this is falling for bias a bit and somewhat redundant since it is the sensors code that has to be changed and not the missile per se.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I also know how the software business world works and basically, save for the kindness of the programmers, if you really want to know, or make something happen, $40 is not enough.

Do you know how the "software bussiness world works" or do you know how DCS bussiness philosophy respective to "marketings-goals" look like :smilewink: ?

:music_whistling:

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only thing the AMRAAM is overmodeled is something that also shares with every russian missiles:

180 degrees instantaneous sensor search.

The outrageous manuvers it makes are also made by all other missiles. Except it is the slowest BVR missile and has the poorest PK.

So complaining about the AMRAAM like this is falling for bias a bit and somewhat redundant since it is the sensors code that has to be changed and not the missile per se.

Exactly

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

It's my understanding that the LockOn internal state maintans what type of lock an aircraft has on another. Isn't maddog simply a launch without a valid lock? Therefore I've always thought that stopping maddogs was a simple matter of looking at that data.

See:

-- Weapon Control System

LoGetTargetInformation() -- (args - 0, results - 1 (table of current targets tables))

LoGetLockedTargetInformation() -- (args - 0, results - 1 (table of current locked targets tables))

this functions return the table of the next target data

target =

{

ID , -- world ID (may be 0 ,when ground point track)

type = {level1,level2,level3,level4}, -- world database classification

country = , -- object country

position = {x = {x,y,z}, -- orientation X ort

y = {x,y,z}, -- orientation Y ort

z = {x,y,z}, -- orientation Z ort

p = {x,y,z}} -- position of the center

velocity = {x,y,z}, -- world velocity vector m/s

distance = , -- distance in meters

convergence_velocity = , -- closing speed in m/s

mach = , -- M number

delta_psi = , -- aspect angle rad

fim = , -- viewing angle horizontal (in your body axis) rad

fin = , -- viewing angle vertical (in your body axis) rad

flags = , -- field with constants detemining method of the tracking

-- whTargetRadarView

-- whTargetEOSView

-- whTargetRadarLock

-- whTargetEOSLock

-- whTargetRadarTrack

-- whTargetEOSTrack

-- whTargetNetHumanPlane = 0x0200;

-- whTargetAutoLockOn = 0x0400;

-- whTargetLockOnJammer = 0x0800;

reflection = , -- target cross section square meters

course = , -- target course rad

isjamming = , -- target ECM on or not

start_of_lock = , -- time of the beginning of lock

forces = { x,y,z}, -- vector of the acceleration units

updates_number = , -- number of the radar updates

}

specified at:

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?lang=en&end_pos=567&scr=default

This would require adding some info to the lua export. Perhaps record to a socket or another file rather than the file that TacView uses (that is, so TacView still works).

Sorry Yoda, I don't have time to follow up on this (or the DirectX overlay stuff at the moment). Hoping things will quiet down soon an I can give you a bit more of a hand with some of this stuff.

It's my understanding that the LockOn internal state maintans what type of lock an aircraft has on another. Isn't maddog simply a launch without a valid lock? Therefore I've always thought that stopping maddogs was a simple matter of looking at that data.
You can lock a bandit far beyond the maximum range of your missile, meaning that you have a lock, but are not (yet) authorized to launch. With IR missiles you can have an EOS lock and be within maximum range, but not have the launch authorization because the missiles seeker has not locked onto the target.

So it is not as simple.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You can lock a bandit far beyond the maximum range of your missile, meaning that you have a lock, but are not (yet) authorized to launch. With IR missiles you can have an EOS lock and be within maximum range, but not have the launch authorization because the missiles seeker has not locked onto the target.

So it is not as simple.

True, but at least you will eliminate the maddoggers that don't know where the enemy is and simply launch to see where it goes. Or launch outside the missile's seeker cone, since this is not properly modeled.

Having an lock, using launch override and launching over maximum range is a flaw in the missile kinematics not the seeker code (and easily defeated by even a partial angle-off turn).

Unfortunately there are some issues with lua exports in this situation.

Not all lock types export the required data (some dont export at all).

Yes Moa I actually had a variant using this specific data you are mentioning,

but unfortunately the export is not consistent on several parts, (This is the

main reason why LRM is so many lines, it is basically workarounds for possible

bugs in the LUA export.)

I can go into more detail if you catch me on msn/icq,.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...