RvE LRM 2.0 preview

RvEYoda

Cool. I just tested it a bit and it's really nice to view when it runs :)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Basically an update for everyone who programs server rotation software :

(if you are not going to use AMRACT which already supports this)

Currently the lrm_export.log only deals with supply truck status at airfields.

Here is an example of server output right after mission start :

--Began a new mission--

DeltaTruck07R+3

DeltaTruck09B+3

DeltaTruck15B+3

DeltaTruck21R+1

Later it might say :

--Began a new mission--

DeltaTruck07R+3

DeltaTruck09B+3

DeltaTruck15B+3

DeltaTruck21R+1

DeltaTruck21R-1

(ok "DeltaTruck" is a little silly ;))

What it means is (if you run AMRACT this is automatic)

DeltaTruck is the event type, change of truck numbers at an airfield

Next is the runway number (for example 07). Lockon has 21 runways. (in the same order as F11 views starting with Razdolnoye)

Third is Coalition R = red, B = blue,

Fourth is the change.

The first four lines :

DeltaTruck07R+3

DeltaTruck09B+3

DeltaTruck15B+3

DeltaTruck21R+1

are the initial trucks at airfields when mission starts.

Then comes line

DeltaTruck21R-1

- Means LRM detected

truck event, at airfield 21 (Simferopol), Red lost 1 truck.

Since they already only had one there, they lose the airfield. This is announced by AMRACT ingame with

a chat message. If this is a respawn/spawn field you will also see this disappear from the list of airfields

you can spawn at. this message is printed when you make a network connection to the server. Example :

1. You connect to coalition screen

2. ServerChat : " Welcome! Blue spawn points : Sochi, Anapa, .............Red Spawn points : Oktabra.(+spelling)"

(note that airfield 21 is not mentioned since it has been destroyed)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

for unknown reason i wrote the limited respawns here as an lrm feature.

This is wrong, because it's an amract feature, not LRM ;)

Q: Is it possible to add a specific "kick-time" for a player when he gets shot down? Like on some IL2 server, where you get kicked for time, before you can rejoin the server?

greets

Q: Is it possible to add a specific "kick-time" for a player when he gets shot down? Like on some IL2 server, where you get kicked for time, before you can rejoin the server?

greets

MoGas that is what Yoda has done with the engine re spool time. So you can set the amount of time it will take before your engine will start up after you are shot down.

As it only affects human players, it would not have that much effect.

Yes you can run it locally (if no server overrides it), but it won't be

that much (if any) advantage for you.

For some reason I can't play online anymore because every server kicks me when my ping goes above like 500. :( c'mon guys I don't have a super connection like all of you, South Africa isn't exactly the technology hotspot of the world!

So do you know if I could download this mod so that I can use it when lonely playing singleplayer? Thanks.

I more suppose it is due of poor your internet connection than something else. Also remember ping about 500 is not good to play with another people. Sometimes CfosSpeed helps alot, try it.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

For some reason I can't play online anymore because every server kicks me when my ping goes above like 500. :( c'mon guys I don't have a super connection like all of you, South Africa isn't exactly the technology hotspot of the world!

So do you know if I could download this mod so that I can use it when lonely playing singleplayer? Thanks.

Release party is 25th, and if everything goes smooth

at that time, then ill give you a download link later that weekend as well.

One question Yoda... since using this mod I think there is lot more data being transferred from server to other machines and possibly even between players themselves... could it be we might need to witch to bit higher connection than 128/128 when connecting? I'm thinking of going to 256/256 when connecting from now on.

No longer active in DCS...

One question Yoda... since using this mod I think there is lot more data being transferred from server to other machines and possibly even between players themselves... could it be we might need to witch to bit higher connection than 128/128 when connecting? I'm thinking of going to 256/256 when connecting from now on.

Nope.

No extra data is transferred while playing.

About 70 kB extra (the scripts) extra are transferred from

server to client only once, thats when you hit *FLY*, this works

fine with 128/128...i think it worst case may take about

5-6 seconds extra to load or something like that.

In fact some older versions of LRM almost hit 100 kB, and we ran that

public with the rve dedi...didn't really require any extra bandwidth :),

In fact LRM 2.0 uses both less CPU power and bandwidth than the

old LRM 1.0 with all its features

Future versions may have active server-client transfers, but the current version

does not.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

hm... so this script is being trasferred to each client PC when connecting only... hm... could it be that the script is actually making the game calculate more stuff and cause issues elsewhere in code?

We need to get our server back up... and try this ourselves, I mean run it on our server.

hm... so this script is being trasferred to each client PC when connecting only... hm... could it be that the script is actually making the game calculate more stuff and cause issues elsewhere in code?

We need to get our server back up... and try this ourselves, I mean run it on our server.

I've checked the cpu usage..

Lua is so well optimized and well made....

I don't think LRM produces even 1% of the lockon required cpu

power. And also it requires less than tacview itself.

Causing issues elsewhere is highly unlikely

since all it does is things like

"click gear down/lights on".

It just activates those things you can do yourself in the cockpit.

ED has written instructions actually on how to do this in

the network config folder.

However you will see a drop in fps when using lrm, simply due to it dumping

chaff att takeoff. This fps loss is regained after a while when the chaff disappears,

also it takes a few seconds of cpu power 4-5 seconds after you load in, to load

certain data and variables, essentially just loading the whole script. After that you

should have no fps or performance diff. I have exactly the same fps with and without :)

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

Sorry Yoda but I have 1 more question... can you set how many chaff/flares to limit on each aircraft, I mean can you set on different server if for example you don't want any aircraft to have chaff or flares?

Sorry Yoda but I have 1 more question... can you set how many chaff/flares to limit on each aircraft, I mean can you set on different server if for example you don't want any aircraft to have chaff or flares?

Yes

There is a editable table somewhere in the LRM code.

u can remove all chaff from an aircraft ;).

Each flyable aircraft has one entry, this symbolizes

how many to remove (not how many are left) after takeoff.

Why chose the numbers we did?

Well we found out with original 120 chaff in the eagle, we can fly through 20-30 R-27ER, even more of them.

Just fly straight and dump chaff. (There is a very good youtube-video showing this, there is a link to this

somewhere in this thread I believe)

60 is still too much, easily flying straight and spoofing a full aircraft payload without defenses.

40 ok now some differences, sometimes (but not always) it is not enough to spoof an entire

payload :P.

Now latest attempts are set to 32 for the eagle, and we are starting to see SOME REAL difference,

so the numbers arent just picked out of thin air

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

Great work so far, man! You have made the F-15 available for a lot of people with the IFF system.

Would it perchance be possible to do something about taxiway takeoffs?

• Like 1

Intel i7-950 @stock, Asus P6X58D-E, 3x4GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 580, Corsair 120GB SSD, Corsair HX 750W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that *would* be something, the people who do that are just, well......

Yep it would be nice...

Maybe set maximum speed on ground (taxis) example max to 100 and above that = kick. Lol theory is so easy, but how to do that :)

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ