HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I suspect the beta code became the stable code.

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I have switched to steam vr beta as well as it appears it was initially recommended. One thing I noticed instantly was it acts as if motion re projection (or smoothing) is disabled. It very jittery and I was assuming it had to be re-activated due to the switch to beta. I was running it initially but I haven't checked yet if its still active because I forgot how and haven't looked it up yet.

I have switched to steam vr beta as well as it appears it was initially recommended. One thing I noticed instantly was it acts as if motion re projection (or smoothing) is disabled. It very jittery and I was assuming it had to be re-activated due to the switch to beta. I was running it initially but I haven't checked yet if its still active because I forgot how and haven't looked it up yet.

See post 2652. :thumbup:

Stable version now has the updated code, but you have to reset motion vector setting.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

See post 2652. :thumbup:

Stable version now has the updated code, but you have to reset motion vector setting.

Switch back to Steam WMR stable version just now and Steam SS still needs to be 188% to get close to 2160x2160. Steam WMR Beta only needs 76% SS to get close to the Reverbs native resolution.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

1565110908-hp.jpg

Well the comments about the clarity are pure BS at least. I tweaked the shit out of my CV1 and its not even in the same ballpark for clarity, its not even the same game. Yes the colors are more washed out cuz its an LCD vs OLED, but so is every new gen headset. And I've not seen the other issues with mine. Yes the cable is heavy, but a non issue sitting down.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

A mix of a real issue and not being setup properly. I wonder if he pulled the plastic lens protectors off even (HP told me some were returned with the covers still on - LOL). Many were returned that were never setup properly. As was said clarity wise the Rift S isn't even close to the Reverb. :cry:

1565110908-hp.jpg

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Same if not better resolution results with a tweaked Rift? LOL!

Pentile 2.5m pixels versus RGB 9.4 mil pixels. That must be one HELL of a "magic" tweaking!

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Pentile 2.5m pixels versus RGB 9.4 mil pixels. That must be one HELL of a "magic" tweaking!

Or they were suppose to be wearing glasses/contacts with either headset.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Maybe he had the 1903 w/o the KB patch? Or didn't have the SS set, or was using SS and PD?

Edited by hansangb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

:lol: you made my day

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Had my Reverb for a month now, I’m super pleased with it. Night and day compared to CV1 and a big step compared to Rift S.

My only problem is the tracking when sitting down. It loses 6dof tracking sometimes and another annoying problem is when looking down to the side panels.

I hear a “wosh” sound and my position in cockpit moves sideways. Really annoying during a dogfight.

Any tips how to avoid theses problems?

Had my Reverb for a month now, I’m super pleased with it. Night and day compared to CV1 and a big step compared to Rift S.

My only problem is the tracking when sitting down. It loses 6dof tracking sometimes and another annoying problem is when looking down to the side panels.

I hear a “wosh” sound and my position in cockpit moves sideways. Really annoying during a dogfight.

I don't have that issue, but I hear you need to be in a well lit room.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Maybe he had the 1903 w/o the KB patch? Or didn't have the SS set, or was using SS and PD?

Thats my takeaway. He basically didn't spend any time setting up or bother getting it to run right. There is no comparing the two even with minimal tweaking.

Which given how straightforward it is to do is a bit appealing. But society keeps producing those "Better idiots" all the time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I haven't experienced this either. But I play in a well lit room with lots of "contrast" for the headset to use for tracking.

About the only thing I have experienced is loosing the mouse when looking down/rear at panels. And I've mostly solved that by using alt-enter to fullscreen DCS on the monitor, as well as making sure whatever switch I'm manipulating is centered in the screen rather than off on the edge.

I have a light on right above my head. What I have found in testing with two other guys in my squadron also with Reverb's is while tracking seems fine in pitch dark for side-to-side and up-and-down head movement (I think it uses infrared emitters for this) - leaning forward (to the cockpit panel) and backward doesn't work without good lighting. :smilewink:

Are you current on all software updates? I have not had that sound and cockpit sideways slide for a long time. I hate that because it makes me ill. lol

Edited by Secoda

How is the lighting where you fly ? I have a lamp I always keep on and I haven't had this issue

(sorry responded when read post and didn't read other answers - but yes, my guess would be bad lighting)

I have a light on right above my head. What I have found in testing with two other guys in my squadron also with Reverb's is while tracking seems fine in pitch dark for side-to-side and up-and-down head movement (I think it uses infrared emitters for this) - leaning forward (to the cockpit panel) and backward doesn't work without good lighting. :smilewink:

There´s a gyroscope in every HMD, which translates the 3DOF headmovement into the VR environment.

The inside-out-tracking cameras work as Harlekwin mentioned, by detecting contrasts in their view to translate the 6DOF body movements. Beside darkness, where is no or less contrast; mirrors, glass windows or plain surfaces could interfere with a proper tracking solution for the inside-out-tracking.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

Dont have the reverb yet but I think if it is using a camera for tracking, you do not want to use any dimmable LED lights, it’s frequency can have weird sync with what the camera can see. Also back in my track IR sun light’s reflection on some surface gives off infrared lights(or at least the IR camera thinks so)

So make sure light bulbs are not dimmable even the light switch does not have a dimmer.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

LOL best response ever.

Man those Oculus fanbois are persistent aren't they ?

I think the word you were actually looking for is the word BLIND :smartass:

There´s a gyroscope in every HMD, which translates the 3DOF headmovement into the VR environment.

The inside-out-tracking cameras work as Harlekwin mentioned, by detecting contrasts in their view to translate the 6DOF body movements. Beside darkness, where is no or less contrast; mirrors, glass windows or plain surfaces could interfere with a proper tracking solution for the inside-out-tracking.

At a guess its gyroscope and accelerometer just like every smartphone has (just think your phone has INS!). And it then uses the cameras to "reference" every so often. That could also be why transnational leaning forward/back is more problematic than rotational movement.

Dont have the reverb yet but I think if it is using a camera for tracking, you do not want to use any dimmable LED lights, it’s frequency can have weird sync with what the camera can see. Also back in my track IR sun light’s reflection on some surface gives off infrared lights(or at least the IR camera thinks so)

So make sure light bulbs are not dimmable even the light switch does not have a dimmer.

I dunno, I use fluorescencent lighting in my room and the reverb is fine with it.

At a guess its gyroscope and accelerometer just like every smartphone has (just think your phone has INS!). (...).

Yeah :), waiting for INS alignment in the Harrier is hopefully for a much better precision than a modern smartphone provides :huh:

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis