Black Shark 3?

QuiGon

It would be a fine move from ED if they would give us a quick update this week regarding the current state of the graphic update for the KA-50...:music_whistling:

LOL Man! The Ka-50 is said to be their flagship!!! look at that, imagine if it wasn't the freaking flagship... UNBELIEVABLE! Great job ED.

Edited by Murey2

LOL Man! The Ka-50 is said to be their flagship!!! look at that, imagine if it wasn't the freaking flagship... UNBELIEVABLE! Great job ED.

Aha ... is really very informative what you give here of you … :blow:

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

That is the problem in KA-50, you can't lock in obvious situations to only contrasty target on the scene because there is no contrast based lock but unit ID based locking. Why it can be very challenging to get a lock on a whole helicopter that fills whole gate, but easy to get that lock on their tail boom at smallest gate size.

In 10 years never had a problem getting a lock unless it's dark (night time) or simply out of range. The tracking gates are not modeled as per the real deal. Set your tracking gates to the smallest size and you will never have a problem locking anything with the shkval.

Edit: Fri13, I know you know this, i'm just quoting you as it will probably help others messing with the tracking gates wondering why they cant get lock.

Edited by 26-J39

I'm also wondering if the new update is going to make all things in the KA-50 functional e.g. Shkval TVs Filters for the day and the night and so on...

I will be so disappointed if that is not the case!

see photo below...

Shkval-control-panel.png

All those were told to be functional....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

They said ka-50 and a-10c graphics overhauls were expected in 2018, then they delayed in 2019, saying that for ka-50 there would be a graphic overhaul first and a payware upgrade later. Now we are close to 2020 and they are working on the viper and the supercarrier, so I fear we'll not have our upgrades before 2020. Since 2018 I've bought only Persian gulf map and ns430 and I do not intend to buy anything new until I'll have my graphics overhaul. In 2021? 2022? No problem: no money until then. No upgrade? No money. This is my way to ask for priorities.

Because they need revenue guys. They need put money in this hours work. Come on... at the end of the day Soviet Union didn’t work. You got that...?

Actually I am expecting my second cockpit option to pay my extra feature as they announced at the beginning. Not sure if they still keep the second cockpit option sell.

I will like more info about Ka-50 but...Just keep in mind the prioritized current project is F-16, so this is what you gonna hear from them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know - it's crazy how they seem to prioritise keeping their business solvent over providing free content.

I just don't understand their logic at all. !

No need to be sarcastic. It's not up to them but it's up to us: I would be glad to pay for the black shark 3 upgrade and even for an a-10c overhaul if needed. I do not want always new content when the older one is buggy / unfinished / needs to be renewed. BUT the majority of people do not care about black shark 3 and run buying the viper even before it is announced. In this state of things it is obvious that ED prefers to announce / start developing / put in pre-release / sell in EA and then leave unfinished A LOT of new things. Because we buy. Well, for the very little that depends on me, I'm trying to change this, because I fear it is not good for the future of DCS (we will finish by having hundreds of modules unfinished because ED can't support all of them together in a reasonable amount of time or resources). If they developed the viper and no one would buy, keeping to ask for older modules support first (even payware), maybe things could change.

Edited by nessuno0505

No need to be sarcastic. It's not up to them but it's up to us: I would be glad to pay for the black shark 3 upgrade and even for an a-10c overhaul if needed. I do not want always new content when the older one is buggy / unfinished / needs to be renewed. BUT the majority of people do not care about black shark 3 and run buying the viper even before it is announced. In this state of things it is obvious that ED prefers to announce / start developing / put in pre-release / sell in EA and then leave unfinished A LOT of new things. Because we buy. Well, for the very little that depends on me, I'm trying to change this, because I fear it is not good for the future of DCS (we will finish by having hundreds of modules unfinished because ED can't support all of them together in a reasonable amount of time or resources). If they developed the viper and no one would buy, keeping to ask for older modules support first (even payware), maybe things could change.

Well you do not have to wonder that it is the way it is. To some extent, we buyers are to blame: A new module is not even published, as it reads already several post "which plane comes next?" Are you crazy? I noticed this with the F-14 and now with the JF-17.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I know - it's crazy how they seem to prioritise keeping their business solvent over providing free content.

I just don't understand their logic at all. !

Pure insanity that... :lol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for digging that up. But they did promise autumn this year not even two months ago. This is quite disappointing.

Regarding the update, they decided to make it payware for the extra features. So much of the work on the new pit is going to go to those new features, only that the old shark profits from them as well, so it'd be silly to not use the new assets for both variants where they overlap.

What I don't understand is why they hold back. They already have the models and textures, they could release in phases.

Graphics (since it's done already) now, and then one system at a time.

Why wait till the whole thing is done in one go?

Actually, he promised more information in Autumn, if I recall correctly.

As for graphics, I don't see the third rail and Igla's on the new Shark model yet, so....

A LOT of us have given input on what we want to see on a new MODERN model of the Shark. Features that would reflect it being a hand of the Ka-52.

Not this same old relic of the 80's. I for one, am not going to spend any more money just for a graphics update.

So, maybe all has not been revealed yet.

Give them some time. They're in development of the F16 / F18 right now, and MANY new and good things are going to come from that, that are going to effect ALL the other modules.

I for one, am hoping for a contrast based Shkval that actually works.

x

Edited by 3WA

I for one, am hoping for a contrast based Shkval that actually works.

IMO - if they're doing it for the F/A-18 or F-16, maybe they'll port it over.

Can't see them putting that much time and effort in to develop that system for the Ka-50 only to replace a functioning system on a legacy module.

maybe be careful what you wish for too.

Cheers.

Not this same old relic of the 80's. I for one, am not going to spend any more money just for a graphics update.

Which is ok, since the gfx overhaul will be free.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• 4 weeks later...
IMO - if they're doing it for the F/A-18 or F-16, maybe they'll port it over.

Can't see them putting that much time and effort in to develop that system for the Ka-50 only to replace a functioning system on a legacy module.

maybe be careful what you wish for too.

It'd be really great if the contrast settings and the terrain background impacted tracking. I'd love to have the Shkval ocassionally fail to follow a target and have to step in to manually correct it!

The KA-50 we have is not from 80's, but from a early 2000, got upgraded just before entering to second Chechen war for trials.

what we do not have is the upgraded serial production model that has reorganized Shkval and ABRIS, improved counter measurements systems (president-s) etc. And after that at 2008 or so, the KA-50 received a glass cockpit as standard, like it was demoed late 90's before KA-50-2.

And you get graphics overhaul and missing features implemented for free... You only pay upgrade for new weapons and systems.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.