MFCD for Android tablets (phones)

colo

Thanx for feedback, Windows 8 is not officialy supported (as written in requirements) but anyway I will try to install Win 8 at weekend and try to debug it. In the meantime you can try to locate lumatek.lua file and copy it to game monitor config folder. Do you have us / en version of Win 8 ?

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for feedback, Windows 8 is not officialy supported (as written in requirements) but anyway I will try to install Win 8 at weekend and try to debug it. In the meantime you can try to locate lumatek.lua file and copy it to game monitor config folder. Do you have us / en version of Win 8 ?
Bust.

Will do.

US Version.

Thanks for your help. :)

EDIT: I was unable to find lumatek.lua, although I was able to find "lumatekmonitorprofile".

Edited by Kippy

If you have find lumatekmonitorprofile file just copy it do DCS world MonitorSetup folder (default is C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup but yours can differ).

Then in this DCS world MonitorSetup folder rename it to lumatek.lua

After you start the game you should be able to choos lumatek profile in game Options->System->Monitors

Intel Core i7 11700, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 4090, NVMe 3 TB, VR HP Reverb G2, Thrustmaster Warthog + pedals, Cougar MFDs, TrackIR, aInstruments

• 4 weeks later...

MFCD for Android Tablets

Hi Colo.

I am running Win 7 home premium, I have the most up todate version of DCS World / A-10c etc,

I have downloaded DCSPanelsPro104, I have also purchased the google app for my Samsung Tablet.

A, I cannot find the lumatek.lua in the monitor options but I do see it in the zip file, however when I try to copy it into within the DCS FOLDER, the copy box just goes on and on and on, and doesn't actually do anything

I have only one monitor and my tablet, I would really like to get this up and running but I am far from being a computer wizard, I have followed your instructions to the letter but still cannot get this to work ,

If anyone out there has got this working can they please drop me a pm and explain in laymans terms how they did it.

many thanks guys

Hi,

thanx for feedback

just few quick qestions:

1. have you unzipped server part DCSpanelsPro104.zip to some folder and run it (double click java jar file) from there ?

2. do you have english or us version of Windows 7 ?

3. have you installed DCSworld to standard path or to different

Best,

colo

Yes I have unzipped the file and I can get the jar file working ok. the detected DCS A-10 is green, but when I go to configure monitors the lumatek.lua is not in the drop down list, I have tried to copy it directly into the DCS folder ie config / monitor setup etc, but it doesn't want to go there, tells me it's copying but 20 mins later it's still copying, so it's obviously not copying.

I have english version of Win 7

DCS is installed in the standard path.

I also have DCSPanelsPro ver 1.0.2 SN:525- 06fc8 on my samsung tab3 , but when I tap START i get nothing

Edited by Shane45

Normally - desktop application makes these steps:

1. generates monitor profile file and copy it to game monitor folder - necessary for displaying instruments on part of monitor or on separate monitor

2. overwrites CDU config file in game folder (original CDU file is archived) - this file is necessary to show CDU instrument on monitor

3. overwrites Keyboard config file in game folder (original keyboard file is archived) - this file is necessary for adding new key bindings for controlling instruments

(when there is a problem with overwriting files it is usually caused by insufficient user rights, but is is still possible to copy files manually)

Then, when desktop part of application is running it is waiting for connection from tablet.

Now you must give your tablet application IP of your desktop, then tablet application connects to desktop application.

When they are connected together desktop application is sending pictures of instruments to tablet and tablet application is sending key presses to desktop application.

(when there is problem with connection from tablet to desktop it is usually caused by firewall settings on desktop)

Hi Colo,

Thanks for the reply buddy, I'm missing something here. when I download the DCSPanelsPro zip file, do I need to file it inside DCSWorld ? because I've looked at the CDU files, the original CDU file in DCS and the CDU file in the zip file and there are differences. Likewise the keyboard file too, I use admin rights on everything I download.

When I have clicked on the jar file and configure the monitor I then get the DCSPanelsPro box with the X & Y boxes, I click on saved values but the Start box stays grey, that could be the problem ?

I have copied both the CDU & KEYBOARD files into their respective folders in DCS World & DSC saved Games blah blah blah. I've rerun the panelspro on the desktop and setup for one monitor, restarted the App on my Tab & still no connection, nada, nothing.

Hi

when I download the DCSPanelsPro zip file, do I need to file it inside DCSWorld ?

No just unzip it anywhere for example on desktop, DCSpanelsPro just copies files from its directory to game directory

When I have clicked on the jar file and configure the monitor I then get the DCSPanelsPro box with the X & Y boxes, I click on saved values but the Start box stays grey, that could be the problem ?

It is OK when, "START" button is greyed out (but it is not OK when "Save values" stays greyed) app is waiting for connection, it should display in text area something like this:

IP address(es):

192.168.1.x

MFCDs - Waiting on port 13267

CDU - Waiting on port 13269

Then you should write this 192.168.1.x address in tablet menu -> server IP address click OK, select mode, and click rectangular START button.

If you cannot connect you can try temporary disable your firewall on your PC for local network (not for internet of course)

Hi,

new version of client (tablet) part DCSpanelsPro 1.0.3 is out on Google Play, it can take some time to appear worldwide. There is no need to change anything on PC application (last version is still 1.0.4)

Changelog:

- added view only mode

You can put tablet for example behind Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs (or any other physical frame with buttons) and you can trim position and size of this MFCD or CDU window

I have made also video which describes various configurations of DCSpanelsPro. You can watch it here:

Cheers,

Colo

It would appear that it was the firewall that was stopping me from connecting, I now have a picture on my tablet ,but the CDU, MFCD'S are not static on the tablet, I use Trackir5 and therefore the picture on my tablet is moving around as I look around the pit etc etc, Right now I have a picture of this forum on my tablet.

I cannot find version 1.0.3 on google play yet.

any idea why the tablet picture is moving around ?

Great App and ty very much for your patience with my questions

If you have 1 monitor you must "sacrify" part of the screen where static non-movable instruments will be displayed - then these non moving part of the screen is transmitted to tablet

or

you must have 2nd monitor (any old) where you will display instruments separately

(this is game limitation this game doesnt have instruments picture in shared memory so i cannot read it directly from it, but only from monitor)

lumatek.lua file defines which part of the screen displays cockpit and which part displays instruments

if you will have still problems with config, just send me PM with your monitor(s) resolution(s) and I will send you configured lumatek.lua file which you will just copy to game folder

Edited by colo

Hi Colo, this may sound like a very silly question, but is it possible to use my laptop screen as a second monitor for displaying the MFCD's CDU ?

My current monitor is connected via HDMI to my ASUS laptop, right now my laptop screen is just showing a screensaver, and during DCS it's almost closed so I don't get too much glare from it, and this forum etc is on my LG monitor.

Shane

Hi Colo, this may sound like a very silly question, but is it possible to use my laptop screen as a second monitor for displaying the MFCD's CDU ?

My current monitor is connected via HDMI to my ASUS laptop, right now my laptop screen is just showing a screensaver, and during DCS it's almost closed so I don't get too much glare from it, and this forum etc is on my LG monitor.

Shane

I have this question as well.

If you have 1 monitor you must "sacrify" part of the screen where static non-movable instruments will be displayed - then these non moving part of the screen is transmitted to tablet

or

you must have 2nd monitor (any old) where you will display instruments separately

(this is game limitation this game doesnt have instruments picture in shared memory so i cannot read it directly from it, but only from monitor)

lumatek.lua file defines which part of the screen displays cockpit and which part displays instruments

if you will have still problems with config, just send me PM with your monitor(s) resolution(s) and I will send you configured lumatek.lua file which you will just copy to game folder

So what about using my laptop screen ? 1600x900, Monitor LG 1920X1080

THANKS COLO

Hi Shane45

sorry for the delay, you can use this screen for instrument displaying. You must have laptop screen and external monitor screen connected to your laptop configured in Windows 7 as "Extend these displays" mode and not "Duplicate these displays" mode. You can configure screens by right clicking your desktop and select "Screen resolution" menu. Then you can arrange positions of these displays so they will behave like one large desktop.

I recommend to arrange them vertically so your external monitor would be on top of your laptop screen and selected as main display (main display is displaying start menu with taskbar). You can arrange them also side by side (horizontally) but then subtitles (for example from radios) displayed in DCS world will be stretched across displays so it will be hard to read them.

Edited by colo

Ok thats cool, ty.

I did try and play with the settings but wasn't able to get it right. the first time I tried with optimum settings ie, 1920x1080 on my LG monitor & 1600x900 on my laptop. = 3520x1080

This made the screen very big , so much so that the cockpit was bigger than my monitor.

so I tried changing the settings to 1440x900 on my monitor & 1440x900 on my laptop = 3040x900 but I ended up having half a picture and one MFCD on my laptop ans the rest of the picture on the monitor

thanks for getting back to me,

appreciated

I will prepare link for you within 2 hours (I am at work now) from which you can download profile for your settings (assuming that you have setup external monitor on top and laptop display just below monitor, both aligned on left side). You will just copy this file in game folder.

Thankyou very much colo,

I have tried various settings but still no joy, I basically end up with half the picture on my monitor and the other half on my laptop screen, I now have my tablet running also but I still cannot get a static picture of MFCD / CDU ,

many thanks

welcome

So:

1. check that your monitors is aligned vertically and your external monitor is on the top with resolution 1920x1080 selected as main screen and laptop screen is under with resolution 1600x900

2. download and unzip file shane45.zip from http://lumatek.sk/shane45.zip

3. copy from unzipped archive file lumatek.lua over your in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config

4. run from unzipped archive file Shane45.reg (you will see warning message - just click yes)

5. run DCSworld and setup monitor resolution to 1920x1980 and select lumatek profile, also check that you have "window mode" not full screen

Hope this helps

Best,

colo