Better LSO / Touch n Gos / Persistent Gradesheet

Stearmandriver

That's three wishes but they're related, and add up to one main wish: that we could see realistic pass grading on the supercarrier.

The LSO currently has some quirks, especially a tendency to falsely grade EGIW, or 3pt lndg. It would be nice to get these fixed.

It's also important for those of us who like carrier - qual sessions that a touch and go be recognized. Right now, a touch and go will always be graded a bolter. Obviously, if I have the hook up I'm not trying to trap. It would be great if we could get a regular grade for our pass, with the notation of a touch n go. Bonus points if the grade told us the wire we would have caught if the hook were down; I think that's not entirely realistic but if it's possible in the sim it would be nice to know.

And then a persistent gradesheet, like an LSO logbook we could review over the course of a character's career, would be awesome. I'm currently using the Airboss script for that but it would be great to have it in-game.

Overall, this strikes me as easily the best rendition of naval aviation to be brought to a desktop sim, and I know plenty of features and improvements are still to come so I don't want to sound like I'm griping. Those are just my wishes.

• Like 4

That's three wishes but they're related, and add up to one main wish: that we could see realistic pass grading on the supercarrier.

The LSO currently has some quirks, especially a tendency to falsely grade EGIW, or 3pt lndg. It would be nice to get these fixed.

It's also important for those of us who like carrier - qual sessions that a touch and go be recognized. Right now, a touch and go will always be graded a bolter. Obviously, if I have the hook up I'm not trying to trap. It would be great if we could get a regular grade for our pass, with the notation of a touch n go. Bonus points if the grade told us the wire we would have caught if the hook were down; I think that's not entirely realistic but if it's possible in the sim it would be nice to know.

And then a persistent gradesheet, like an LSO logbook we could review over the course of a character's career, would be awesome. I'm currently using the Airboss script for that but it would be great to have it in-game.

Overall, this strikes me as easily the best rendition of naval aviation to be brought to a desktop sim, and I know plenty of features and improvements are still to come so I don't want to sound like I'm griping. Those are just my wishes.

+1 my friend.

I just want the ability to re-enter the CQ pattern after I launch without having to go back through Marshal. The fact that the LSO doesn't recognize that you are in fact "CQ-ing" is crazy!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

+1 my friend.

I just want the ability to re-enter the CQ pattern after I launch without having to go back through Marshal. The fact that the LSO doesn't recognize that you are in fact "CQ-ing" is crazy!

And Marshal and LSO act like you are CQ because they call Charlie on everyone and you have to call the ball. I believe normal cyclic operations are ZIPLIP with signal charlie only given to one breaking the deck.

• 6 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 8:55 AM, Stearmandriver said:

Persistent gradesheet/LSO logbook, check.

I'll have a look if the go-around/bolter can be done, although I'm not sure if that's a realistic scenario. Will check.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 6:09 AM, Nealius said:

Even just an export to an Excel file would be better than the annoying pop-up message every time a unit traps. 

unnamed.png

Something like this? It's going to be coming with my campaign, CSV persisted with an included VBasic script for Excel to make it colorful.

Additionally you'll get a full LSO debrief (full readable text format as it'd be used IRL) and personal log too, NATOPS standard format with your traps/issues.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 12:17 AM, Jagohu said:

unnamed.png

Something like this? It's going to be coming with my campaign, CSV persisted with an included VBasic script for Excel to make it colorful.

Additionally you'll get a full LSO debrief (full readable text format as it'd be used IRL) and personal log too, NATOPS standard format with your traps/issues.

Would you mind sharing how to set this up? I'd love to have this for my training missions so I can keep a log of all my traps/scores.