If you like the sound take a look at this...DYNAMIC SOUND for the 2000 - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #31
bzhnono

Thanks !
Old 05-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #32
Nealius

I seem to have an issue getting this mod to work. I placed it in the mods folder in my Saved Games directory, and installed it via JSGME, but for some reason I still get the default sounds (including the annoying afterburner pop) in external views. Should the mod be installed directly to the DCS directory instead of Saved Games? I don't seem to have this issue with other sound mods installed in the same way.

I also tried directly replacing the files in the CoreMods folder, and got this:

Last edited by Nealius; 05-06-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #33
Mav783

The mod is really insane waterman ! Crazy insane...

How did you ? You recorded a Mirage ? Planes ? Sound like a mix beetwin real sound and your own work of creation/mix and pattern.

And how did you manage to make the sound disto/times beeing not the same depending the position of the trottle ? I mean, not in details, but it's possible to manage that in DCS thought what soft for exemple ?

Man. Your good

Note : I made a vidéo about this mod, show how it's staying clean and pure even in slowmotion (-2 and -4...i think it's stay pure even - 8 and more... just sometimes theire is something strange when the PC come ON. But it don't happen all the time. And it's only in slowmotion) !

I recommand you to use a headphone, to feel the bass ! The slowmotion make it...so cool ! (i use a "filter", it's in my soundcard, it make the sound stronger and more clear, but it's not magical, you could have almost the same sound without any filter).
Notice the little crackling of the sound from the PC and the whole of the frequency range, and not repeating the same pattern ... being like ... real ... not like a sequences ...
The same for the "background", it's really dynamic.
Waterman, you should have been payed for this ! Razbam and DCS community are lucky that you are in love whith what you do XD

Thank you to make me feel like this everytime i use the Mirage

Last edited by Mav783; 05-06-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Mav783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:13 PM   #34
YoYo

Installed Today, great mod for M2K. A lot better immersion from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
I seem to have an issue getting this mod to work....
I didn't met any problems, installed via JSGME, do You have proper installation of JSGME?
Win 10 64, i7 7700k@4.5, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX, 4xSSD+1SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [FSX, P3Dv3, DCS, TOH, RoF, Condor, WT, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK]
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #35
dali

has anybody passed this to 9-or Matt? this should be a standard sound in DCS
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #36
Nealius

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
I didn't met any problems, installed via JSGME, do You have proper installation of JSGME?
I believe so. All my Spitfire, Huey, and Mi-8 sound mods work fine. It's only the Mirage that doesn't.

JSGME is installed in my C:\Users\(name)\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\mods folder.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. JSGME has to install directly to the DCS path, not the Saved Games path. I don't know why this is the case with the M2000C sound mod and none of the other mods, but apparently it is.

Last edited by Nealius; 05-07-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #37
YoYo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
EDIT: I think I fixed it. JSGME has to install directly to the DCS path, not the Saved Games path. I don't know why this is the case with the M2000C sound mod and none of the other mods, but apparently it is.
I have in the path of DCS (main) + bin folder (settings) also.
Win 10 64, i7 7700k@4.5, GTX 1080Ti 11Gb, RAM 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX, 4xSSD+1SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [FSX, P3Dv3, DCS, TOH, RoF, Condor, WT, IL-2 CoD/BoS/BoM/BoK]
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #38
watermanpc

Hi again guys, sorry for my delay but Im quite bussy right now (I need time to study )...

@Nealius:

Im not sure what could be wrong with your installation but as you seem to have figured out, JSGME mods directory must be placed in the main DCS folder so maybe that was the issue...anyway, Im glad you solved it

@Mav783:

Thanks you very much for your nice words pal!! Im so glad so many people are enjoying the mod!

Recently, ED has improved some of the general sounds (there seems to be a more clear "cracking" sound for the engine back asset for instance) that also makes things to sound nicer.

nice vid btw, I never tested the sounds in slow mo, but yeah, they seem to sound good also that way

About the "making off" of the mod, yeah, its a mix of real life recordings that I heavily edited in some cases to convert them in suitable samples for the sim... I have to say I have no experience in sound editing but Im an "audiophile fan" so I downloaded a sound editing software and started to learn to use it...then I searched in the net for as many good quality sound recordings as I could (thats a key thing imho to make good sounds) which is not easy as recording jets is REALLY tricky but no, I didnt record anything as, sadly, I dont own the equipment nor the oportunity to record fighter aircrafts where I live.

Once I had enough material I had to listen to them trying to find "good spots" that could "qualify" for samples candidates prior to starting the edition...then, I made LOTS of editing to achieve as uniform as possible frequency response, correct overlapping, coherence for all the samples, removing particular sounds (when possible), making seamless loops, mixing, etc. Once i was satisfied with the samples, I started the process to implement them in the available sound assets for the M2000 while configuring their behaviour with the sdef's files. This part is also quite tricky as you have to try to "understand" what the different assets do in the particular plane. DCS has some really huge sound potential, especially when coding...I think some really amazing things could be done. During my editing, something I would have loved is the ability to disable the Doppler effect for some samples, particulary the ones that you want to sound "as they are" like the cracking sounds of the afterburner once its pointing directly to the listener but I think its not possible out of coding.

It was quite a nightmare to put all together tbh, especially the hours of constant hearing of noises as well as the constant re-starting once and again the sim and waiting for it to load, test, change, repeat and such but I think it was worth if it makes the simulation a bit more inmersive and realistic and looking how many of you like it

About the randomization, it's just a matter of enabling it in the sdef's files as it is a DCS's sound engine feature, it just seem to not be used for any sound AFAIK, probably because the work to make multiple samples is very high and complex. However, I think it would pay off really good...having just 3 or 4 different samples working randomly for most important planes (modules basically) would make a massive sound improvement imho, creating a very natural audio recreation for the most important sounds in a flight sim and making a huge step forward in flight sims sound in general.

I personally, also use custom equalization in my system to even my frequency response in room as much as possible and to boost a little bit down to 22hz (max I can achieve with my PC's subwoofer)...also, I never tried the sounds with headphones tbh , but I will try to test later ...One thing I highly recomend, even if it may sound stupid and/or obvious, is to turn the volume up as much as possible (inside the safety limits of course ) and not turning up too much bass output so that you have a nice "flat" frequency response that allows for the correct reproduction of the full richness of the different sounds...in real life, when you listen to fighter aircrafts highs and mids frequencies are VERY intense also, followed by some deep bass rumble...so its important to not over-emphasize too much the bass so you can enjoy that "iconic" cracking sound we all love as well

Again, thanks for your lovely words (all of you guys!!)

Take a look at my MODS here

Last edited by watermanpc; 05-08-2018 at 12:46 PM.
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote