[USER ERROR] a-10c rwr sound is gone

jppsx

I found the problem , it seam that there is a bug that cause rwr sound to be turned off if you lower helmet sound to 0% in option(I turned off helmet sound to not have to ear awac and atc in multiplayer) . I hope a dev see this and that they fix this issue that is exclusive to the a-10c .

I found the problem , it seam that there is a bug that cause rwr sound to be turned off if you lower helmet sound to 0% in option(I turned off helmet sound to not have to ear awac and atc in multiplayer) . I hope a dev see this and that they fix this issue that is exclusive to the a-10c .

Well, I assume the RWR sounds do get sent to the helmet's headphones, so this would not be a bug at all and would not need fixing, or would it?

Or are there speakers in the cockpit that sound the RWR and other warning sounds? Don't make much sense when the pilot is required to wear a helmet anyway, but who knows?

Edit: Aaaand X-post. Was it that urgent?

Edited by Yurgon

• 1 year later...
You turned off the sound and wonder why you can't hear it?[/quote

turning off helmet sound dont stop the sound in other plane from working it also the only way to mute the annoying control tower repeating is self in multiplayer . it just that the a-10c rwr depend on that for some weird reason

turning off helmet sound dont stop the sound in other plane from working it also the only way to mute the annoying control tower repeating is self in multiplayer . it just that the a-10c rwr depend on that for some weird reason

The other planes that are sending RWR sounds to the default speakers and not the headset are bugged. Since they introduced headset audio, all headset sounds (RWR, sidewinder tone) should be played through the headset.

The other planes that are sending RWR sounds to the default speakers and not the headset are bugged. Since they introduced headset audio, all headset sounds (RWR, sidewinder tone) should be played through the headset.

Yup. There generally isn't a cockpit speaker in a military fighter or attack aircraft. All the sound you're hearing is going to be coming to the helmet. If you turn that all the way down in the setup options, not even the RWR is going to be audible. Now, if its working correctly, you should still be able to hear it if you turn the master volume down in the cockpit of the jet itself. Warning audio is generally unswitched audio, and is played at a set volume level based of the type certification of the aircraft. It can't physically be changed by the pilot, and can't legally be changed by maintenance personnel.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: