Solved: Thrustmaster Throttle Nostart with A10C

bworld1

Perhaps this was already discussed, but I couldn't find it. I started using the TARGET software with my Thrustmaster warthog controllers. Then I found that whenever I had the throttles in the Engine Off position, the throttles no longer moved. I solved the problem by programming "Release" events for the 2 Engine Off buttons (advanced mode of TARGET, which I am using anyway to control Track IR center and pause funcitons by switching to the "I" mode and using the flight stick Lever). I made a video of the solution rather then explain it all here. BY The Way, disregard the bleed air info at the end of the video and if you are interested in the updated Bleed Air info that I found, watch my 7 minute video about A10C Bleed Air:

https://youtu.be/pu0AFOc3FrE

Edited by bworld1

I don't understand why you have to go through all this? The TM Warthog Hotas is programmed automatically. You don't need Target. Just plug into the USB port and run DCS Warthog. The throttle will start the engines when coming off the off position to idle.

Have you tried it without Target running? If it doesn't work you might have a problem with the throttle.

Buzz

That's fine, accept you have no way to control center and pause of Track IR from the controller unless you use Target. Plus I have a dozen other commands that are normally keyboard hotkeys that are programmed into my controllers that are easily accessible by simply flipping the lever on the flight stick. And technically speaking, if I had the need, I could set up a 3 position toggle for switching between three modes, plus each of those modes can have the 2 modes (In and Out) of the lever. So, that would mean I could have up to 6 modes with any keyboard commands (including commands outside of DCS) in them per switch position on both controllers. Also, the Press and Release are powerful configs, as an example, in custom mode, my Master Mode Control Button performs the "F6 Released Weapons View". I plan to program a Release for that button so that it will perform the "F1 Cockpit View" to get me right back to that view when the button is released.

Edited by bworld1

Thanks, didn't know that. But can you control Track IR center and pause? Actually, now that I think about it, initially, I did set up the lever as a modifier to set up the commands that were in the profile from Polaris and Schnix, which I really liked. But again, I didn't see how to control Track IR, so I set up Target with the same profile commands as Polaris and Schnix, plus added the 2 Track IR commands.

Edited by bworld1

Sorry for the delay. I really don't have an answer. I use the keyboard to center Trackir. I only have to do it when first getting in the cockpit.

I never pause it. I use a pretty good deadspot for Trackir and never see a need to pause it. I can hold on a view easily.

You may have to use Target to assign buttons to Trackir, or use a 3rd party key push software.

Buzz

Thanks for the reply. I am very comfortable with Target. For me, being able to do any keyboard commands on the controllers without looking away from the HUD is a feature. I realize now that posting a Target tip on the DCS forum might not have been the smartest thing to do, hey I'm retired and almost 70, it's to be expected. One last comment about Target that is not DCS specific is that I can save different configurations for any application that uses Thrustmaster controllers, like Prepar3D, Star Citizen, Steam FSX, etc.. This should be my last reply, have a great day!

I'm so glad you are not 15 or so, that would be so depressing! By the way, I am still up to doing my idiotic things, I included a supplement video at the end of the Target video about using the Eng Oper buttons in manual just before engine start (I saw somehting about that from a real A10C pilot and noticed it was not in the DCS Engine start checklist. Well, I did more research and found that there was a wealth of Bleed Air info in the DCS A10C user manual, and specific info about the A10C using Bleed Air automatically from the APU when you move a throttle to idle. So, to try to fix that blunder, I made a separate 7 minute video about the Bleed Air info I discovered. I wish I had one more brain cell!

Well, now that I was able to buy the Warthog controllers, I am in the steep learning curve with the A10c, my first experience with DCS, and I am enjoying it immensely! I am recording the training for my 2 friends who have not gotten into sims yet, and one of them is a real pilot. I realize what an idiot I am, so I refer to all of my videos as demonstrations and not tutorials!Haha!