SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion - Page 138 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 04:50 AM   #1371
=Andre=
Veteran

Good approach.
It usually starts automatically once the software detects that the game is running. Both must be running.
SimShaker for Aviators is able to start SimShaker Sound Module automatically if selected in settings as on the picture attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-10-29_08-46-07.png
Views:	33
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	220137  

=Andre= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 06:07 PM   #1372
Gpruitt54

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Andre= View Post
Good approach.
It usually starts automatically once the software detects that the game is running. Both must be running.
SimShaker for Aviators is able to start SimShaker Sound Module automatically if selected in settings as on the picture attached.
Thank you for your reply. The version of the Sim Shaker software I was trying did not have an option for "ButtKicker and similar devices" listed under Output Mode. It could be that I downloaded the software from an outdated source.

I just discovered the following download source that I had not seen before. I had been looking on at the blog, which does not include a link to the following site. See the link below.

https://andres.shop/2-home

It looks as if there are two software packages that need to be purchased. Is that correct? From the above site page, which software packages do I need to control shaker transducers for DCS and X-Plane 11?
Gpruitt54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:35 PM   #1373
Gpruitt54

Quote:
Good approach.
My version of SimShaker for Aviators is version 1.3.8.0
My version of SimShaker Sound Module is version 2.12

I use amplified transducers. On the SimShaker for Aviators screen, the option for Buttkicker and similar devices is grayed-out and cannot be selected.

I have a 4 Channel amp running 4 transducers. Only two if my transducers are responding to vibe motor testing. I am not sure if being able to select Buttkicker option will enable all of my transducers to function. But how can I enable the Buttkicker option in the Output Mode?
Old 10-30-2019, 04:09 AM   #1374
=Andre=
Veteran

May I see screenshots?

Please pay attention to the information provided in SimShaker Sound Module User Guide:
Quote:
Max. Channels number defines how much audio channels to conduct.
1 (mono) - default value, is suitable if you operate just 1 bass-shaker.
2 (stereo) - suitable if you operate 2 bass-shakers. I assume that bass-shakers are placed left and right from the player. Out of the box SimShaker is configured for such placement. But that may customized by the player.
6 (or 5.1) - suitable if you operate from 3 to 6 bass-shakers. I assume that it mostly will be 4, placed on the corners of the player's rig. This option requires ASIO drivers for a sound card to be used (for instance, universal ASIO4All driver).

Old 10-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #1375
Gpruitt54

Quote:
May I see screenshots?

Please pay attention to the information provided in SimShaker Sound Module User Guide:
I am working through the various aspects of the software. I read the information about the various channel modes. Though I have not installed the universal ASIO drivers, I have been looking for the ASIO driver for my specific sound card (Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio). I have been reluctant to download universal versions of drivers for fear of foiling up something in my system.

On the settings screen, at the dedicated sound card option. When I select the 6 channel option, it says to select which sound card at the ASIO software. I have been building PCs for years, and I have never seen, nor installed any ASIO software on any of my PCs. I just downloaded a universal ASIO driver package for the first time, ever. I will install the ASIO driver package and see what that does.

Last edited by Gpruitt54; 10-30-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:49 PM   #1376
Gpruitt54

Quote:
Good approach.
Thanks for all your help. I finally made the software function.

I am now trying to buy your software. If I choose USD as the currency at checkout, I discover that your website forces me to return to the home page to select a different currency. After I go to PayPal, I then discover that PayPal will not allow transactions in the currency you force me to choose at checkout. Confusing.

I want to buy this software, but I cannot because your site only allows a currency that Paypal does not allow! Are there any payment methods for US customers???

Last edited by Gpruitt54; 10-30-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:51 AM   #1377
=Andre=
Veteran

hi,
that rather depends on SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 than SimShaker Sound Module