Multiple Jdam how?

ebabil

I am triying to do engage 4 targets with 4 jdam's at the same time but despite more than one coordinates are shown on PP menus, all my bombs go to a single target.

And I am unable to enter more than 3 coordinates. Can you explain step by step?

What i do is;

* Qty = station 2 and 8 selected / rtn

* Hit PP / PP1 hit TOO, hit TDC depress = coordinates ok

* Hit PP / PP2 hit TOO, hit TDC depress = coordinates ok

* Hit step, Station 8 confirmed

* Hit PP / PP1 hit TOO, hit TDC depress = coordinates ok

* Hit PP / PP2 hit TOO, hit TDC depress = coordinates ok

* When in range, pres release 2 bombs away, pres again 2 bombs away.

All go to a last target..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

It looks like you are forgetting to select PP"X", you need to select the "next" PP1/PP2 after each drop. Every station can have more than one tgt loaded as you are aware off. But you need to switch between both, the PP tgts manually.

PP1 then drop

step to next station

PP1 then drop

PP2 drop

it will automatically switch to the last station so all you need to do for the last bomb is select PP2 and voila.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am triying to do engage 4 targets with 4 jdam's at the same time but despite more than one coordinates are shown on PP menus, all my bombs go to a single target.

All go to a last target..

JDAM release behaviour changed in the latest patch - they default to TOO i.e. where your TGP is looking at, and are dropping in pairs, rather than singularly as before.

Even when re-selecting PP1, they still go to the current 'SPI', there's a post elsewhere that says using PP2 and PP3 to store target co-ordinates is working (i.e. they don't get over written by the current 'SPI') but I haven't tested that.

It's looks like it's bugged or WIP.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I believe that it might be due to the current "issue" that has arisen with the latest open beta update. The A/G weapon release and effectiveness has been compromised unfortunately - but fortunately it sounds like they have found a solution to the problem and will be released in the upcoming patch.. Let's hope that it is released before Friday, as it seems to be a "game breaking" aspect to many.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4079927&postcount=26

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It is fixed now after recent patch - but JDAM does switch back to PP from TOO after initial weapon release. Not sure why. JSOW operates normally.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

How do I use JDAM to hit multiple targets?

JDAM GBU-38 x 4 (3 and 7), 4 targets

PP mode

Unable to hit multiple (all 4) targets !

The first pushing "Weapon release" - silence, the second or the third - release JDAM in PP1. Next - PP2.

Or hit 2 targets only or ..only 3 (attached track). Two bombs hit 1 target. Tried several times!

4JDAM Training PP bug.zip

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

but it is very likely that it is a user error.

Well, look at my track and where is my mistake there!

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Well, look at my track and where is my mistake there!

You programmed everything correctly. Your mistake is that you don't change the PP point after you released the first two pair of bombs. You can program 5 targets per station but it does not mean that the first bomb is associated to PP1 and the second to PP2 and so on in the first place. You need to change that after every release manually. The next bomb that is released from that station is always falling onto the currently boxed target. As you didn't change them from PP1 to PP2, the second pair of targets is never going to be hit. It does not change automatically.

My suggestion: release one bomb per each station. Change all the stations to PP2 and then release the rest.

One hint: you do not need to wait with programming until everything is aligned.

Moafuleum is correct. Later down the line, we'll get the ability to separately program the left and right JDAMs/JSOWs on a dual rack, so we won't have to change PPs anymore, but for now, it's the only way.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Your mistake is that you don't change the PP point after you released the first two pair of bombs.

Well. Now I take control and changed the PP1 to PP2 and.... see attached track.

3 targets was hit only! Same before (when I did not change PP1 to PP2..... too hit 3 targets, not two.... why ?)

Where is mistake now?

JDAM bug .trk

Edited by SMN

My suggestion: release one bomb per each station. Change all the stations to PP2 and then release the rest.

Where is mistake now?

You still didn't follow my suggestion closely enough. :music_whistling: Take it literally.

Edit: As a hint, did you check where the bomb landed, that did not hit its intended target?

Edited by Moafuleum

Been there, could do 8 diff targets in two long pickles. One (1) click in he wrong sequence and your release module goes ape.

I'd suggest one waits till the finished product, in the mean time do only 4 max, that is a lot less prone to going ape.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Edit: As a hint, did you check where the bomb landed, that did not hit its intended target?

Yes !! In the end of track... Two bomds landed on same target

Edited by SMN

Two bomds landed on same target

Exactly! This is what i expected after watching your second track. Why is that so? As i told you, each station can be programmed with 5 targets. Each station is completely independent from others. This means reprogramming one station or selecting different PP targets for one station does not affect other stations.

You can program 5 targets per station but it does not mean that the first bomb is associated to PP1 and the second to PP2 and so on in the first place. [...]The next bomb that is released from that station is always falling onto the currently boxed target.

This is why i told you to follow my suggestion literally.

If you watch the track again you will notice that you change from PP1 to PP2 after the release of the first pair. Yes you changed the PP target, but only for one station. As they are independent from each other, the second station remains in PP1, therefore the PP1 target of that station was hit twice and PP2 of that station was never hit. That's why i said, change all the stations to PP2. Also note that this procedure applies also to the case when you have 8 JDAMs (4 * 2JDAMS) loaded.

To summarize it: nothing changes automatically and each station is independent from another. Changing PP targets on one station does not change the target for other stations. I hope this clarifies the issue

If you watch the track again you will notice that you change from PP1 to PP2 after the release of the first pair. Yes you changed the PP target, but only for one station. As they are independent from each other, the second station remains in PP1, therefore the PP1 target of that station was hit twice and PP2 of that station was never hit. That's why i said, change all the stations to PP2. Also note that this procedure applies also to the case when you have 8 JDAMs (4 * 2JDAMS) loaded.

To summarize it: nothing changes automatically and each station is independent from another. Changing PP targets on one station does not change the target for other stations. I hope this clarifies the issue

:thumbup: I begin to understand!! Thanks !

Now I release of the first pair - PP1

Then I change PP1 to PP2 (st7), then press "step" to st3 and again PP2 (st3), release of the second pair.

..... I hit all four targets !! :thumbup:

P.S Why when I release the first pair JDAM - I have not made the changed station (3 & 7) manually, and in PP2 for release second pair JDAM it is necessary to choose stations manually two times (3 & 7)?

Edited by SMN

I am happy to hear that it works for you now!

I'm not sure if i understood your question correctly, however: The station from which the next bomb will be dropped is chosen automatically by the computer. However what is not changed automatically is anything target related (coordinates, which PP target, etc...)

I am happy to hear that it works for you now!

I'm not sure if i understood your question correctly, however: The station from which the next bomb will be dropped is chosen automatically

For first salvo in PP1 - the station (3-7) choose automatically consistently, JDAM STA3 - go to target 1, JDAM STA7 - go to target 2, according coordinates

For second salvo in PP2 - not choose automatically and both JDAMs (STA3 & STA7) go to same target... 3 or 4, according coordinates PP2 STA3 (or PP2 STA7)

If it is correct - in what case in PP2 the station (3-7) will choose automatically consistently

Edited by SMN

I am still not sure what you mean, I am sorry.

However i believe it should be the following

1. Station 3 is set to PP1, Station 7 is set to PP1
  2. drop first two bombs
  3. Station 3 is still set to PP1, Station 7 is still set to PP1 (since the stations do not automatically change target)
  4. therefore, change both stations manually one after the other
  5. now, Station 3 is set to PP2, Station 7 is set to PP2
  6. drop second two bombs

Edit: do you mean during the second salvo, bombs of station 3 and 7 go to the target of station 3, PP2? It would be strange if it does. But as majapahit already said, one needs to be veeery careful to not press any wrong buttons as this can cause coordinates to get overwritten by something else in some cases. All the JDAM stuff can be a bit confusing i admit.

Edited by Moafuleum

Make sure to press Undesignate before switching any station from TOO to PP mode, or the coordinates will be overwritten.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253180

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Edit: do you mean during the second salvo, bombs of station 3 and 7 go to the target of station 3, PP2? It would be strange if it does.

Yes, exactly !

After PP1 (First salvo, bombs of station 3 and 7 go to the target of station 3 and 7 properly) I press PP2 and release... second salvo...in PP2 bombs of station 3 and 7 go to the target of station 7 only :shocking:

If I made like this video (after released first pair in PP1 - press PP2 -press STEP - press PP2 and release second salvo) in this case - bombs of station 3 and 7 go to the target of station 3 and 7 (properly)

P.S Has found out - it is necessary when select PP (1 or 2.... and so on) before each release need check - press STEP - stations must change. In PP1 stations change (3..7), and in PP2 NO change ! Stay on station 7. This is reason second salvo PP2 - bombs of station 3 and 7 go to the target of station 7 only

Edited by SMN