F16 RWR Sounds

I've seen a few streams on Twitch of people having F16 RWR sounds. I've searched the user files, and even did a general google search but came up empty.

Giving the futility of my search I assume the mods were private. So I was wondering, how easy (if easy at all) would it be to implement the RWR sounds in the RAE_RWR mod? Failing that, a mod that gives F16 RWR sounds would be amazing, at least until we get them implemented by ED.

Any help would be appreciated.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

RAF Hawker Typhoon (Warbird)

http://www.twitch.tv/uncappingbadger

I tried adapting the RAE mod to the F-16 without success. Can you please link some of these videos?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Go to the 41 minute mark -

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

Following.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Following here also!

I totally realise there are 1001 other things to do for the Viper....but I mean come on ED, it took me 5 mins to chuck realistic versions of MissileAlert, MissileLaunch, StatusChange and Waterfall in C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones, so you at least have some semblence of a proper RWR while we wait for some actual threat indicator tones.

Looking forward to someone adding a more comprehensive RWR tones mod at some point. Given that it is something you generally hear the entire time you are flying the aircraft - the priority on these seems surprising.

Edited by VampireNZ
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to the 41 minute mark -
Ah, I see. He uses only the generic sounds for contacts, not the RAE mod or anything like that. Still, it's better than the original. That's easily doable, I'll try my hand at it tonight.

Or maybe VampireNZ can share his sounds, if he'd like?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Update from me -

I'm not a modder, and I have precisely ZERO experience in this kind of thing so I expect its something stupid.

I Falcon 4 installed and went digging. I've found some of the sound files it uses for the RWR and some of its caution alerts. I'm not familiar with all of the RWR sounds so i've pulled the ones I recognise. I didn't want to use BMS's sounds for fear of causing problems with the dev team if they ever found out so for now i'll stick with the base games. My logic is the game is that old they probably don't care anymore. Its better than nothing and will tide me/us over until ED release theirs.

I've tested the sounds by replacing the default F16's and they work perfectly. However, when I go to make my own mod folder it doesn't.

I've looked at RAE mod to see how they did it and they appeared to copy the file structure of the original so i've done the same. I was even anal enough to make sure capitalization matched exactly.

Original path: D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones

My Path: G:\DCS MODS\Basic F-16C RWR and Caution Sounds\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones

I'm happy to make this public once its working so if anyone can shed any light i'd appreciate it.

Edited by Recon21288

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

I totally realise there are 1001 other things to do for the Viper....but I mean come on ED, it took me 5 mins to chuck realistic versions of MissileAlert, MissileLaunch, StatusChange and Waterfall in C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones,

I did the same thing and the most bizarre thing happened. The RWR sounds changed for the Hornet as well! I double checked the mod path and everything (I use OVGME). When I replace the sounds for the Viper, the Hornet's are replaced as well. I don't know how, but I think the files are linked somehow.

Can you please check, if you have the Hornet?

-

Update from me -

I'm not a modder, and I have precisely ZERO experience in this kind of thing so I expect its something stupid.

I Falcon 4 installed and went digging. I've found some of the sound files it uses for the RWR and some of its caution alerts. I'm not familiar with all of the RWR sounds so i've pulled the ones I recognise. I didn't want to use BMS's sounds for fear of causing problems with the dev team if they ever found out so for now i'll stick with the base games. My logic is the game is that old they probably don't care anymore. Its better than nothing and will tide me/us over until ED release theirs.

I've tested the sounds by replacing the default F16's and they work perfectly. However, when I go to make my own mod folder it doesn't.

I've looked at RAE mod to see how they did it and they appeared to copy the file structure of the original so i've done the same. I was even anal enough to make sure capitalization matched exactly.

Original path: D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones

My Path: G:\DCS MODS\Basic F-16C RWR and Caution Sounds\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones

I'm happy to make this public once its working so if anyone can shed any light i'd appreciate it.

I couldn't get RAE to work either, it had no effect whatsoever. Something weird is going on with the Viper and its files structure at the moment. See my above post.

-

I couldn't get RAE to work either, it had no effect whatsoever. Something weird is going on with the Viper and its files structure at the moment. See my above post.

Odd. If i had not already seen someone using F16 RWR sounds I would have thought they were locked or protected in someway due to it being in EA but we know that isn't the case. I guess we need someone smarter to figure it out or ED to release their version.

cough hint hint lovely community cough

Edit: Can confirm Harker's info. Replacing F16 RWR sounds does overwrite the F18's too.

Edited by Recon21288

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

I did the same thing and the most bizarre thing happened. The RWR sounds changed for the Hornet as well! I double checked the mod path and everything (I use OVGME). When I replace the sounds for the Viper, the Hornet's are replaced as well. I don't know how, but I think the files are linked somehow.

Can you please check, if you have the Hornet?

Yea that is very strange. As is the fact the Viper has an entire RWR sounds folder that isn't being touched at the moment. Pretty happy at the moment just changing out those basic files - that new threat sound is so wrong and was super annoying lol.

Also sorry I don't have the Hornet - my least-liked jet of all time lol.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I posted the issue in the bugs section of the forum - it got moved back to this section. Nothing to say if it was a bug or not. I mean, its clearly not meant to do that but it is - so is it intentional by ED or not? Would be nice if they would actually tell you instead of making you guess.

I'm not happy with it mucking my F18 sounds up (as annoying as they are) so i'll just have to wait until they sort themselves out or someone comes out with a mod that doesn't change the Hornets sounds upon install as a stop gap.

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

Various aircraft in DCS has always been sharing some sound samples between them and since sound modding relies strictly on files replacement and .sdef files edits, It's not possible to mod yourself out of this sharing situation.

If you use some mod injector like OVGME / JSGME you can only turn the Falcon mod on/off whenever you want to switch to Hornet and back, or wait until ED separates files for these airplanes in the future.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Various aircraft in DCS has always been sharing some sound samples between them and since sound modding relies strictly on files replacement and .sdef files edits, It's not possible to mod yourself out of this sharing situation.

If you use some mod injector like OVGME / JSGME you can only turn the Falcon mod on/off whenever you want to switch to Hornet and back, or wait until ED separates files for these airplanes in the future.

The F-16 doesn't appear to use sounds from the F-18's installation folder.

The weird thing is that these are seemingly discrete sound files, located in different folders. The the F-16's sdef files also point to the F-16's own sound files. The folders must be linked in a way, since replacing the Waterfall.wav in \Mods\aircrafts\F-16C\.....\Tones\, will replace the same file in the F-18's respective folder, for example.

-

I am the one who made the F-16 sound mod that DocEast is using. I Took the sounds from other sources and changed the name/file type to match that of the ones in the F-16 folder. I then made it JSGME compatable. Works perfectly for me and others I have sent it too.

Edit. I do not have issues with F-18 sounds being replaced either. So not sure what causes that

Edited by Tyrant07

I am the one who made the F-16 sound mod that DocEast is using. I Took the sounds from other sources and changed the name/file type to match that of the ones in the F-16 folder. I then made it JSGME compatable. Works perfectly for me and others I have sent it too.

Edit. I do not have issues with F-18 sounds being replaced either. So not sure what causes that

Interesting. Would you mind providing a link to it? I'd very much like to try it.

Or at least explain how you got it to work.

-

I uploaded it to the User files website. Should be up after mod review

Great, I'll keep an eye out, thanks!

-

I uploaded it to the User files website. Should be up after mod review
So, I got it and I'm still getting the Hornet sounds replaced as well. Are you sure that you keep your default Hornet RWR sounds, in the Hornet?

-

So, I got it and I'm still getting the Hornet sounds replaced as well. Are you sure that you keep your default Hornet RWR sounds, in the Hornet?

That is strange. Yeah I'm positive I still have my hornet sounds. I flew it just yesterday and they were still there

edit. Just booted the game up and can confirm, Hornet sounds are still there when I fly it

Edited by Tyrant07

That is strange. Yeah I'm positive I still have my hornet sounds. I flew it just yesterday and they were still there
Weird... Can you please do me a favor? With the mod enabled, can you go to the same folder in the Hornet's directory and verify that the sound files are the original ones?

This is pretty strange, especially since I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thanks for uploading it anyway

-

Weird... Can you please do me a favor? With the mod enabled, can you go to the same folder in the Hornet's directory and verify that the sound files are the original ones?

This is pretty strange, especially since I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thanks for uploading it anyway

I see all the stock Hornet sound files in the hornet directory

I see all the stock Hornet sound files in the hornet directory
Strange... Well, at least it's working for some. I can wait for the actual implementation I guess. I may look into it again later.

Cheers!

-

The sound files work for me but I haven't flown the Hornet since the Vipers release but I'll check tomorrow.

Thanks for the work Tyrant07!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I found a way to make this work reliably. Place the RWR sounds in your DCS SAVED GAMES folder at the following path;

...\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\F-16\Cockpit\Tones

To be certain, you can also put the F/A-18 sounds in the folder;

...\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit\Tones

The F18 sounds can be found in your main DCS installation folder here;

...\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit\Tones

This will ensure that DCS "should" play the correct sounds for the correct aircraft.