Stick mapping for the TM F/A-18 Hornet stick add-on + WH throttles?

Notso

I apologize in advance if this is already addressed somewhere, but does anyone have any advice on the best ways to map the new Thrustmaster F-18 Hornet stick with the TM Warthog throttles.

I love the new stick and I've mapped it to mirror the NATOPS manual as best I can. But some of the features are not clear depending on the mode. Also given the throttle is not the same as the actual Hornet throttle - there are always compromises on where to map buttons.

For instance - what does the Sensor control Switch DEPRESS do? Where would be the best place to map the laser fire button? Or commanding point and area tracks?

Does anyone have any good ideas or can point me to links where this is already addressed? I've searched but not come up with anything yet. TIA.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Have you checked Chuck’s guide?

Yes. And unless something changed recently - I don't see any reference to the new F-18 TM stick. Only the original TM Warthog set of stick and throttles.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I'd invite you to take a look at the manual, it says the names and functions of the different stick buttons and you'll be able to directly relate them to the physical stick.

You can find it at C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc\ (this is a genetic path, but you get the idea)

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah I typically use Chuck's Guides to set up my stick and throttle for a module.

Whilst I have a different stick I try and get the layout as close as I can to how he has it referenced in the guide.

Seems to work fairly well for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|