Eurofighter crashed in italy today :(

=DECOY=

I think it's often viewed that way because the discussion brings a certain amount of morbid enjoyment for hobbyists, who get to view the (often misunderstood) complexities of a fatal accident as interesting trivia or a chance to show off what they know.

I don't think that's the intent, but it is the perception.

• Like 2

DKlBbcGXUAEldAM.jpg

One of the latest shots of Gabriele, taken at Istrana AB about one month ago, before the Jesolo Air Show.

Rest in peace and blue skies

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

• 2 weeks later...

And another Eurofighter crashed. This time in Spain: https://theaviationist.com/2017/10/12/spanish-eurofighter-typhoon-crashes-near-albacete-after-performing-in-national-day-parade-killing-pilot/

RIP :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so bad they didn't managed to eject. I wondered then if the ejection seats are even able to compensate for falling down. Shouldn't ejection seats be given more fuel to go off longer in such circumstances, in case of water, you'd be better off just neutralizing the fall and slowing the fall or even hover to the water, no need to go all the way up for parachute deployment (well the parachute would still open anyway no matter how low)

That's 4 in 6 weeks after only 2 in 14 years.

It's the Russiaaaaaaans! :alien:

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I feel so bad they didn't managed to eject. I wondered then if the ejection seats are even able to compensate for falling down. Shouldn't ejection seats be given more fuel to go off longer in such circumstances

The rockets running time is already pretty good. It's more a matter of giving enough punch but you can't give too much of it either because it could hurt the pilot. I've seen several successful ejections where the pilot ejected right before hitting the ground and while the plane was diving. The big problem is that it is actually pretty easy to forget you have an ejection seat. The ground is coming at you fast and you're suddenly dedicating 100% of your attention to pull out of the dive... Sometimes it's obvious you're not gonna make it and thus you pull the ejection lever. Other times it's a close call, a matter of meters, and you think you're gonna make it when in fact you won't.

Anyway, whatever the cause of the incident may be, it's a very sad event. R.I.P to Captain Gabriele Orlandi and my condolences to his family and friends.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

RIP sir. It looks like misjudgement of height from seeing the angle of attack change just before impact. I think he was not G-LOC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

What are these?

Mounting/connection points for conformal tanks. They’re only present on Block 20 and up (Tranche 3) aircraft.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

So what is the schedule for actually qualifying the CFTs?

Somebody has to buy them first.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

zero-zero when the sink rate is neutral, but it appears to be high in the video and in that case ejection wont save the pilot.

Would in that situation as the ejection trajectory would have been upwards.

Well, don't know about western seats capabilities, but at least that has been the case with russians (famous for the zero-zero capabilities in almost any situation as long rockets don't push you toward ground) that has ejected in far more dangerous looking situations (toward ground).

Anyways, no ejection happened or too late (under water?) that was big problem.

Could consider that such modern fighter has a safety feature for automatic ejection when computer calculates that aircraft will impact the surface without nothing changing the end result.

Meaning the system doesn't calculate "You have 10 seconds to impact" but "3 seconds to impact and no way to pull up -> Auto-Eject"

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.