New stones/clutter

For me, the new stones cluttered around does not make a lot of sense. For one, it ruins the airfields, not to mention that all farmers would remove them from their fields as well, and they don't look particularly good either. Seeing a large stone every 3 yards does not enhance immersion.

HOWEVER- the patch has brought a very significant performance boost, that together with the gamma slider is very velcome:)

Edited by zionid

Yeah they look kind of unnatural. Im sure that they could remove them and no one would even notice, and it would probably improve performance. Every little bit counts.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Surely it may need some improvements but I think as a new addition to the terrain it's pretty nice to look at.

Different stones with different sizes and better placements might be a thing to improve but I can imagine similar ground clutters on other maps too.

And if those small stones reduce your perfomance an option to have them disabled might be a possible solution then.

• 2 months later...

That would be extremely helpful. You can turn off the grass, but the stones remain. It should be possible to turn it off, better off remove it. I would like to see a single photo of a WW2 airfield littered with big, round stones all over the field.

My guess is that this would be the first thing any engineer would remove to ensure safe operations at the field. THen again, its all WIP so hopefully they will be gone in time.

Emu Parade anyone?

The grass does look pretty dodgy as well. Definitely needs some changes.

Haha, I don't think hardly anyone outside of Australia or even outside of Australian Defence or Police will know what you mean by Emu Parade.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Haha, I don't think hardly anyone outside of Australia or even outside of Australian Defence or Police will know what you mean by Emu Parade.

There are a fair few of us that fall into that category on this forum.

Former NSW Mounted Police here.

So, plenty of volunteers out there.......

Seriously though, what do all the stones and sticks add to a flight sim, just some decent looking grass and everything is good. Doesn't this just add to the texture loading process?

Cheers, Scream.

I also think that adding many little stones has not much sense in a flight sim and will decrease performance more that increase the visual quality BUT, maybe using some big stones with the same poly count in some places creating BIG rocky formations could be a nice idea (for instance in beaches).

Rocky_beach_-_El_Salvador.jpg

Wild-rocky-beach.jpg

72083132-muchacho-de-la-muchacha-adolescentes-maduros-que-recorren-explorar-paisaje-rocoso-de-la-playa-del-oc.jpg

18073_5.jpg

36625991-Landscape-of-rocky-beach-at-sunset-El-Buzo-beach-Vistahermosa-Puerto-de-Santa-Maria-Cadiz-Spain-Stock-Photo.jpg

Take a look at my MODS here