Canada to buy the Super Hornet

Gladman

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sad day.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

So Boeing is just being bitter about the fact that the Canadians are able to produce passenger aircraft at lower cost?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Its more complicated than that Boris. Bombardier has received millions in grants and loans from the Canadian public. There was many many people against it but Bombardier simply represents the definition of corporate welfare. In my opinion, Bombarier should be left to die and the US trade association has made a proper call.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

should have never scraped the Avro Arrow then we would be the leaders on fighters not the poor cousins

if the canadian military aviation industry managed to persist to today the canadian public would be the first in line to gut them the moment they see the price tag for a competitive modern aircraft.

80mil f-35s are "too expensive" but you think you can foot the bill for an indigenous design? pretty funny.

Edited by probad

should have never scraped the Avro Arrow then we would be the leaders on fighters not the poor cousins

Sad that it happened but that was over 60 years ago, its hard to say Canada would be able to develop their own 4th generations, more likely why would they? Why spend all the money when you can have license built mass produced fighters that your allies have already produced? 5th generation developed by Canada?? Really would they have spent all that money for 80 aircraft for what, pride over not joining a US/NATO program?

Anyway this article is more specific. 18 more Legacy Hornets for Canada.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-canada-f18-boeing-20171212-story.html

Buy RAAFs Legacy hornets so we can sell them more Block IV Super Hornets, thanks.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Good point Skate.

We sure aren't on the winning side of this.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Its more complicated than that Boris. Bombardier has received millions in grants and loans from the Canadian public. There was many many people against it but Bombardier simply represents the definition of corporate welfare. In my opinion, Bombarier should be left to die and the US trade association has made a proper call.

Ya and Boeing doesn't get Billions in US subsidies, lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's disappointing for sure, buying used aircraft doesn't seem like what we need to move forward. More like a stall so someone else has to deal with it in the future.

They will also be buying 88 new jets.......Some day lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think I'm actually that torn up about the cost, what really gets me is that our government doesn't seem to get the fact that we need a properly equipped airforce. Canada is one of the top industrial countries in the world and we equip or fighting force with outdated, second hand aircraft for no reason other than political posturing. Its just sad.

• Like 1

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Buy RAAFs Legacy hornets so we can sell them more Block IV Super Hornets, thanks.

The better logic is that the Legacy Hornet is the superior looking aircraft. :music_whistling:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Canada is one of the top industrial countries in the world and we equip or fighting force with outdated, second hand aircraft for no reason other than political posturing. Its just sad.

Political posturing is the main factor in nearly every big armament contract, often at the expense of specifications and cost ...

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."