Crosscompatibility of modules?

Roadrunner

In general they are supposed to be cross compatible, with an exception of the P51 and Dora chosen from $20-$40. Now I'm not so sure that is the case. But if it's not then there is no real difference between $10 and $40 pledges. And I'm even more confused now.

The $20 - $40 pledges only make sense for those that don't already own the P51, are prepared to wait for DCS WWII to fly the Dora or expect more paid DLC to be added for the initial release (or just want see the kickstart succeed).

As I read it, DCS:W and WWII modules are inter-changeable and when DCS WWII is released you will be able to fly the free and paid DLC in DCS World without additional licences (and vice versa).

If you choose a DCS World Kickstarter Tier and the kickstart is successful you receive the DCS World licence in advance (or on the DCS:W modules release) of DCS WWII release.

Lower tier pledges have to wait for the release of DCS WWII before receiving their appropriate free and paid DCS WWII DLC.

$65 +

DCS World Tier 1. Everything at the $40 level, plus a digital copy of DCS World P-51D Mustang (on successful kickstarter completion).

Estimated delivery: Oct 2013

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

So DCS ww2 is an other game? not DCS world? From what I read this is the case.

So people who have dcs P51 will need to ''pay'' to bring their module in DCS ww2.

Please PRODUCERS, clarify.

IS DCS:ww2 a new game ? or a new module?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Yes, DCS:World and DCS:WW2 are not the same game.

Both are built on the same platform, both can use the same modules.

Luthier actually said this about P51D and Dora:

You will not have to pay for an aircraft twice.

So, my understanding is this:

1. If you pay $30, you get both P51D and Dora, but only at DCS:WW2 release (late 2014). At that point, you will be able to use those two modules in DCS:World. At this level, you will not get serials for P51D and Dora for immediate use in DCS:World.

2. If you pay $65 (for DCS:W P51D) or for example the $100 level (both DCS:W planes), you will get the serials immediately for use in DCS:World.

3. If you already own P51D and plan to buy Dora from ED directly, there's no need to pledge for either of those in DCS:WW2 - you can pledge $10 and you'll be able to use P51D and Dora in DCS:WW2 as well.

Now this is my personal understanding, based on Luthier's comment that all modules will be cross-compatible and that we won't have to pay for any module twice.

The 'extra' perk, pledging at 'DCS tier' levels, should not be understood as 'buying a product'. You are pledging more money in order to support the development of the game, and there's an additional perk that comes with the higher pledge.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Yes, DCS:World and DCS:WW2 are not the same game.

Both are built on the same platform, both can use the same modules.

Luthier actually said this about P51D and Dora:

You will not have to pay for an aircraft twice.

1. If you pay $30, you get both P51D and Dora, but only at DCS:WW2 release (late 2014). At that point, you will be able to use those two modules in DCS:World. At this level, you will not get serials for P51D and Dora for immediate use in DCS:World.

2. If you pay $65 (for DCS:W P51D) or for example the $100 level (both DCS:W planes), you will get the serials immediately for use in DCS:World.

3. If you already own P51D and plan to buy Dora from ED directly, there's no need to pledge for either of those in DCS:WW2 - you can pledge $10 and you'll be able to use P51D and Dora in DCS:WW2 as well.

Now this is my personal understanding, based on Luthier's comment that all modules will be cross-compatible and that we won't have to pay for any module twice.

The 'extra' perk, pledging at 'DCS tier' levels, should not be understood as 'buying a product'. You are pledging more money in order to support the development of the game, and there's an additional perk that comes with the higher pledge.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

The thread is also called ''cross compatibility of modules'' not what you get and for how much if you pledge in kickstarter...

I need to make my question more clear.

Will I be able to fly DCS: FC modules or a10c or BS in DCS ww2 scenery? Developers need to answer this question. Not individual enthusiasts.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I agree, we definitely need some clarification about this.

But Luthier and the rest of RRG should really work on a cumulative FAQ, compiling all these tidbits of information that are now lost in threads of 100 pages and more.

Found something. From this post:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1863250#post1863250

If you already own a DCS World P-51 and/or FW-190, then obviously no one wants you to have to pay for anything twice.

This can only be understood that DCS:W P51D and Dora will work in DCS:WW2.

Also, from this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1862413#post1862413

We are not giving out DCS World keys or aircraft at this time.

We do not currently have a decision on how to approach customers who already purchased a DCW World P-51 or Dora. There is obviously a planned cross-compatibility, and we're absolutely against the idea of having anyone purchase anything twice. It's just we haven't figured out the technical side of this just yet.

ED is gracious enough to allow us to use their existing P-51 and Dora in RRG's DCS WWII product. Actually, RRG is partially responsible for the Dora (our guys built the cockpit) but all the rights belong to ED.
  • Like 1

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

The reason that there is no clarification on this issue is the nobody thought this out before hand so they really don't have an answer.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The reason that there is no clarification on this issue is the nobody thought this out before hand so they really don't have an answer.

Well, you dnt ask money through kickstarter if you dnt have a really complete idea of what you are going to do...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

That would make sense as well. Unfortunately both versions are a possibility - that you will be able to play them late in 2014 in both (World and WW2) or just in WW2.

Would really like to see some official comment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]