Unit Damage Models

The AMRAAMer

Has ED ever looked into changing how units take damage? Experimenting with some system other than hit points?

For example IRL, a tank that receives a two second burst from a Hog's Gau-8 is going to be out of action. It won't blow up, but it doesn't need to blow up to be out of action.

Similarly a transport truck will need more than four or five rounds from the Gau-8 (which is all it takes in DCS) to be destroyed

Not sure what other system can be used, but maybe we can brainstorm below.

Was it ever confirmed that the new damage model will come to ground units? i cant find any post that mention this new damage model for anything other than wwII aircrafts, the only thing that gives me some hope is the fact that the wwII tanks in game have their armor values listed on the enciclopedia wich is something no other tank has (or had, have not played dcs in over a month, waiting for 2.5 :P )

Edited by ShalashakaDS

The new damage models will probably first appear for WW2 aircraft. Then the new damage model will continue to be integrated one by one, I guess, into the sim for each unit.

However don't expect these to come with 2.5, there has been no specific date on when these new damage models might be available for us.

For an official update on the state of the damage model view this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=194540